As a long time blackberry user, with my 9 kids, 11 playbooks, 9 devices, I have had it! Just got the z30. Blackberry link will not let me switch from my z10 to my z30 because the z30 has an older operating system (10.2.0.415) than the z10 (10.2.0.424), and Link simply won't switch the data. Been with Tech support with Rogers all day and I can't resolve this.

THEN, trying to swap my memory card and sim card, the back cover simply refused to open. I tried everything,
    including the posted tricks. By the time I pried it off (tried coins and even a knife), the metal is slightly chipped.

I am sure Apple and Samsung wouldn't make such stupid mistakes. Don't blame Rogers either. This is clearly a
    Blackberry issue.

I am done. This was the last straw

Dave Wang
    11-04-13 08:13 PM
    lol.

your time would've been better spent posting a question or asking for assistance on crackberry.
    Blacklatino, GTiLeo and 00stryder like this.
    11-04-13 08:15 PM
    Then go get an Apple or Samsung device, nobody's stopping you mate.
    pchandoke and TrueKulcha like this.
    11-04-13 08:16 PM
    Are you selling any of those devices?

Posted using Z30 via CB10
    11-04-13 08:16 PM
    Wow! Sorry you've had such problems! Maybe there is someone here who can help you?
    11-04-13 08:17 PM
    Sounds like your having a tough go. But can you not just update your z30 and there by not have your described conflict with link?

Also you mention Rogers so I assume you are local to me. If you would like I can lend you a hand. You can load your information on my z30 then over to yours. Let me know if this would be of any help.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:17 PM
    I don't think he wants help. He wants to *****

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:20 PM
    Well Double that's a very nice offer to the OP. Bravo my man!

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:21 PM
    As a long time blackberry user, with my 9 kids, 11 playbooks, 9 devices, I have had it! Just got the z30. Blackberry link will not let me switch from my z10 to my z30 because the z30 has an older operating system (10.2.0.415) than the z10 (10.2.0.424), and Link simply won't switch the data. Been with Tech support with Rogers all day and I can't resolve this.

THEN, trying to swap my memory card and sim card, the back cover simply refused to open. I tried everything,
    including the posted tricks. By the time I pried it off (tried coins and even a knife), the metal is slightly chipped.

I am sure Apple and Samsung wouldn't make such stupid mistakes. Don't blame Rogers either. This is clearly a
    Blackberry issue.

Dave Wang
    Well, that's too bad. Well, since it's damaged, you're mad and obviously thru with BlackBerry.....what are you going to do with that awful, used, and again, damaged(I might add) Z30?
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-04-13 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Hehe
    11-04-13 08:22 PM

Blackberry issue.

Dave Wang
    i'll take your Z30 if you don't want it send it my way since its chipped i'll take it for $100 bucks :P seriously though BB Link has its issues but had you asked crackberry there are many that could help you out, there is a device switch feature built in that saves your data to your sd card, you can also sync your contacts to your outlook and then it'll sync to your phone, thats really the main thing you need to sync, messages and such are minor and BBM transfer contacts via BBID, contacts can also be transfered via bluetooth when both devices are connected.

rogers doesn't care about blackberry and their tech support is garbage, next time ask folks with knowledge before you jump the gun or maybe you're just buying into the me too fad
    11-04-13 08:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    i think you're right, just wants to *****
    11-04-13 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by playbookster

Posted via CB10
    With 9 kids I think he does enough of that allready [*******]
    11-04-13 08:32 PM
    @OP. Ok, everyone has a bad day and you obviously wanted to "vent" and not ask for help. Things happen, not perfect, and neither are Android nor Apple.
    11-04-13 08:38 PM
    @OP. Ok, everyone has a bad day and you obviously wanted to "vent" and not ask for help. Things happen, not perfect, and neither are Android nor Apple.
    Definitely not. My buddy just got a 5S and it was bugging out on him today. Wouldn't send or receive messages or connect to Rogers data. Not to mention the random shut downs with older versions on iOS7 or the 5s app crashing.

**** happens you dont see iPhone users saying I'm sick of apple I'm done with this
    11-04-13 10:12 PM
    Probably sending it back... I have 15 days and I get my money back... seriously, I have been a blackberry user for over 15 years (I work at Waterloo and was using devices since the start) but it is getting more and more frustrating. One shouldn't have to keep going back to Crackberry for something this simple.
    11-04-13 10:34 PM
    True. Incredibly frustrating. Rogers was ZERO help but nothing popped up on the Forums either.
    11-04-13 10:35 PM
    Wow! Sorry you've had such problems! Maybe there is someone here who can help you?
    Possibly but I couldn't find any info on the Forum....
    11-04-13 10:36 PM
    Sounds like your having a tough go. But can you not just update your z30 and there by not have your described conflict with link?

Also you mention Rogers so I assume you are local to me. If you would like I can lend you a hand. You can load your information on my z30 then over to yours. Let me know if this would be of any help.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, tried doing a software update on the Z30 through Link and through the phone itself. In both cases, it says it has the most up to date software. The Z10 does have a version number that is higher and Link won't allow the switch. It won't let me reload with anything except a backup that is almost 4 months old... presumably something that was pre 10.2
    11-04-13 10:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not a fair comment. No one has supported Blackberry like our family. We have had, in recent years, 7 Bolds, 9 Z10s, 11 Playbooks, 2 Q10s and now a Z30. Most were bought out before the contract ran out. I can guarantee very few people have spent the $$$ supporting Blackberry like we have.
    11-04-13 10:40 PM
    Well, that's too bad. Well, since it's damaged, you're mad and obviously thru with BlackBerry.....what are you going to do with that awful, used, and again, damaged(I might add) Z30?
    I have 15 days for a return.
    11-04-13 10:42 PM
    all technology has issues. all. be patient. take a deep breath for god's sake.
    11-04-13 10:43 PM
    all technology has issues. all. be patient. take a deep breath for god's sake.
    Fair enough but there is no easy options. Downgrade the Z10 OS? There is no apparent upgrade to the Z30. I uninstalled and reinstalled Link. Everyone accuses me of trolling but no one has a straightforward solution.

Do you?
    11-04-13 11:10 PM
    Fair enough but there is no easy options. Downgrade the Z10 OS? There is no apparent upgrade to the Z30. I uninstalled and reinstalled Link. Everyone accuses me of trolling but no one has a straightforward solution.

Do you?
    Install the .1791 leak on your z30

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    11-04-13 11:31 PM
    Install the .1791 leak on your z30

Posted via CB10
    ;

I have never had to install a leak and I don't think one should have to do this in order to do a simple device switch. That's ridiculous.
    11-04-13 11:33 PM
    do you want it fixed? If the answer is yes, then stop complaining and listen to folks. You will need to downgrade in order to upgrade. Link isn't figuring it out and you know the reason. What do you like about the Z30 so far? I bet it's a beautiful device in hand.
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    11-05-13 12:06 AM
35 12