Anyone experience any issues with another device connecting to your Z30's WiFi Hotspot? Basically I have a Dell Venue 7 android tablet that just will not connect to my Z30's Hotspot no matter what.

Both devices have been factory resetted already and there's zero issue with my laptop, my ipod touch, other phones, etc connecting to my Z30 Hotspot, and there's also no issue with my tablet connecting to my house WiFi, other WiFi hotspots, public networks(like starbucks) etc

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 07:41 AM
    I am on Verizon's official OS version and have been able to connect to the hotspot with an iphone5 and LG G pad tablet. No issues noted so far. Don't have a Dell tablet to test with ......
    12-03-14 11:09 AM
    Dell tablets often require driver updates when they come from the box and then again on a regular basis. I'd check Dell's support site for the tablet and make sure it has the latest drivers. My son's Venue 8 (Android) tablet wouldn't connect to any mobile hotspot until we loaded new drivers.
    12-03-14 11:19 AM
    Dell tablets often require driver updates when they come from the box and then again on a regular basis. I'd check Dell's support site for the tablet and make sure it has the latest drivers. My son's Venue 8 (Android) tablet wouldn't connect to any mobile hotspot until we loaded new drivers.
    I'm gonna try this when I get home. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 02:30 PM
    Dell's support site simply days any driver related updated is executed through Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 10:49 PM
    I see that. I've not seen his tablet since I gave it to him last spring, when I did a system update out of the box. It looks like software updates and such are now done through Play. That's a bummer.

This may help. I found it on Dell's support site: Dell Venue 7 Won't Connect to Verizon iPhone Personal Hotspot - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community
    12-04-14 09:36 AM
    I see that. I've not seen his tablet since I gave it to him last spring, when I did a system update out of the box. It looks like software updates and such are now done through Play. That's a bummer.

This may help. I found it on Dell's support site: Dell Venue 7 Won't Connect to Verizon iPhone Personal Hotspot - Mobile Devices Forum - Mobile Devices - Dell Community
    Thanks for the post, I'll try mentioned method from the thread

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 12:42 PM
    Anyone experience any issues with another device connecting to your Z30's WiFi Hotspot? Basically I have a Dell Venue 7 android tablet that just will not connect to my Z30's Hotspot no matter what.

Both devices have been factory resetted already and there's zero issue with my laptop, my ipod touch, other phones, etc connecting to my Z30 Hotspot, and there's also no issue with my tablet connecting to my house WiFi, other WiFi hotspots, public networks(like starbucks) etc

Posted via CB10
    It's not going to work - It won't work on Venue 7, Venue 8, or any of the Asus Memopads, all of these tablets WILL connect to my home wifi, my iPhone hotspot & my Samsung Note 3 hotspot but will NOT connect to the Blackberry Z30 nor the Passport's hotspot even though it shows full signal. The interesting thing is my iPads, Surface Pro, and all Samsung tablets connects fine to the Z30 and the Passport hot spot. Weird!
    12-05-14 04:14 AM
    It's not going to work - It won't work on Venue 7, Venue 8, or any of the Asus Memopads, all of these tablets WILL connect to my home wifi, my iPhone hotspot & my Samsung Note 3 hotspot but will NOT connect to the Blackberry Z30 nor the Passport's hotspot even though it shows full signal. The interesting thing is my iPads, Surface Pro, and all Samsung tablets connects fine to the Z30 and the Passport hot spot. Weird!
    Yeah super weird, it just won't connect no matter what. Super frustrating

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 08:17 AM