I was all happy about the Zeus Browser and updated 1 Z10 and put it on there, then decided to take the plunge and also update my Z30 OTA, with no backup and no help from a computer, like I do. All went well, i stuck my amazon appstore and that shopping cart thingy and the password keeper in a folder that said NOWANT, so i wouldnt accidentally click on them, streamed some music, restarted my phone, admired the new look for a bit and put it into bedside mode for the night.

Today my password keeper is no longer in a folder. I never use password aids other than writing them down (most of the time ... ) , so I went, HMmm, and went to put it back in the folder.

The folder is gone. I cant find a trace of the Amazon appstore app or the shopping cart anywhere. I know they are undeletable so i didnt even try, only touched and slid them together to create that folder.

Other than that my update seems to be 100% fine. But it really kind of creeps me out, what happened?

Thanks, will check back tonite to see if you all have any explanations, or 'wtf -- me too's.'

Anyways, totally happy as long as (1) i have flash in my browser and (2) my amazon invaders dont actually DO anything... I dont really appreciate them playing hide and seek without even asking my permission, ya know?! If i cant send them off to live somewhere else they at least need a good spanking so they can learn to obey the house rules. ( Hoodlums )
    pastorbrad likes this.
    07-15-15 10:09 AM
    For some reason, I don't think the OS likes you to move system icons into folders. They do seem to disappear. It was like that with the PB as well, which was the precursor of BB10. I don't think they can do anything when banished like that...
    07-15-15 11:39 AM
    That's possible, but I have always put several non-deletable icons in folders on my PBs, my Z30, prior Q10 and current Classic, with no issues. On my Classic and Z30 I have both Amazon icons and a couple of VZW icons in my Crap folder.

Have you done a hard reset?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-15 03:48 PM
    For some reason, I don't think the OS likes you to move system icons into folders. They do seem to disappear. It was like that with the PB as well, which was the precursor of BB10. I don't think they can do anything when banished like that...
    I have combined both Amazon icons into different folders on my Z30. I have done this after several autoloader installs and have not had any problems with the icons playing hide-and-seek.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z30 STA100-5 processing OS 10.3.2.*. Jabbering on the AT&T Network.
    07-15-15 04:28 PM
    That's possible, but I have always put several non-deletable icons in folders on my PBs, my Z30, prior Q10 and current Classic, with no issues. On my Classic and Z30 I have both Amazon icons and a couple of VZW icons in my Crap folder.

Have you done a hard reset?

Posted via CB10
    Now that I think about it, it may have only been the ones on the drawer for the PB. That's the only time I've heard of disappearing folders/icons.

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    07-15-15 06:02 PM
    Now that I think about it, it may have only been the ones on the drawer for the PB. That's the only time I've heard of disappearing folders/icons.

Posted via CB10
    Now that I have had happen, the primaries in the bar. I lost the calendar icon, but it came back after an update.
    07-16-15 06:31 PM
    I do remember something like that happened on the Playbook. I have kept all my icons in separate folders except the ones i click on every day, for whatever reason i dont like to have more than two screens of icons plus the 'front' page, plus a single icon on the 'home' screen so i can see the background pic with no clutter when the phone is sitting idle.

In otherwords, just doing what i always do.

BTW now i got the same OS update wanting go start all over again, on this phone and on the Z10 that i just finished updating, same update number listed. My data plan or my wifi device pays for these updates, any way you cut it, because of where i live, i hope it doesnt go into 'force-the-update' mode. My other Z10 cant see the update and is stuck on 10.2.

I just wont worry about the missing apps since they are unwanted intruders anyway, but it is an interesting 'bug.'
    07-18-15 10:59 AM