You gotta have a lot of energy and patience to deal with TWO Verizon stores in one day!

I've loved my Z10 since I got it May 2013. But teen daughter broke her Z10, so I decided to get a Z30 and pass my Z10 to her.

I was excited! Z30 was super fast and not overly huge. I had an Otterbox on it the whole time, although I found it too hard and huge and stiff.

I'm the kind of person that loves my device and uses each device for years. I get attached. Four days with Z30, I picked it up after it being left alone in another room for 2-3 hours. It seemed dead. That seemed odd because it was just sitting, and it was at 47% charge when I left it alone.

I plugged it into a charger and walked away to cook and eat and went back to play on the Z30 an hour later. It was still dead. I tried a different charger. It would give the solid red light, show the white letters BB logo, then die again. It kept doing this repeatedly.

I tried everything short of mouth to mouth. I researched this issue online and CB. Daughter said, "Just remove the battery." Uhm, this is a Z30, not a Z10. I wish I knew what ailed it.

Exhausted from my rescue attempts all night, I went into work the next morning and to the nearest Verizon store on my lunchbreak. "I want my old phone back, a Z10."

Verizon rep: "Oh God. No wonder you have issues. A BlackBerry?"

"I like BBs. This phone is dead and won't take a charge. Besides it's too big."

Rep walks over to a table that has Q10. "Here, we do have what you want"

"I want a Z10."

Rep: "What? Well here."

"That's not a Z10."

A second Verizon rep walks up and asks first rep if she needs help.

"No, but this customer wants something that I don't even think we carry."

They walked behind the counter to access their PC. They asked me no less than five times, "WHAT is it you want? Oh, then what is this you're bringing back? What store did you even get this from? (it was mailed to me) "Wait, WHAT is it called again?"

Then she said they have one Z10 in stock but I couldn't have it until I brought back the original box and charger that came with the Z30. Damn, I was so exhausted I hadn't even remembered that.

Rep called another Houston area store close to my home to ask if THEY carry it. Again, much confusion as she was on the phone with #2 store over the name of WTF I wanted.

"They have one. They close at five. I told them to mark your name on it just in case, but we don't sell these so I know you'll see it's still available when you visit there after work."

Yippee, I can hardly wait to visit ANOTHER Verizon store, this one even more rude based on past experience.

Arrived at Verizon number 2. The rep, "Why do you want a BlackBerry?" "Because I like them more than the other brands."

He seemed less than enthused, but went to the back to fetch my Z10.

He seemed so put off by having to put the sims card in it and start it up. I had to go through the initial gestures to set it up because he was frankly being a spoiled brat a$$. Loud sigh, huh, my life is so freaking back because this weird *** lady POS customer wants this freak phone......woa is me.....he acted like a spoiled brat.

ARGH. I do wish I knew what happened to my Z30. I loved it, but glad to have a Z10 back!!!
    yasmar and LoneStarRed like this.
    06-17-14 07:42 PM
    Which Otterbox case did you have on it? I know when I have the leather flip case on my Z30, if i don't take my time and install it correctly, the case interferes with the power button up top. It's fine until I push the button to lock the phone and then it won't stop looping, exactly like you described. If I'm careful when I put the case on, it's fine. But if I'm in a rush, I'm chancing the reboot loop.

I don't think I've experienced this with either of my Otterbox cases, Commuter and Defender, but it does sound like the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 08:17 PM
    Hmm, that's interesting. I have the Otterbox commuter in solid black.

I removed the case and lied my phone out like a drowned mermaid on a beach. Stroked her, sang to her, tried charger she came with in multiple outlets in the house. Gave her privacy. Pressed buttons. Cried.

Husband said to swap it for another Z30. I didn't want to have a repeat of whatever it was that was happening.

First person that PMs me they'd like my z30 Otterbox it's yours.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    06-17-14 08:28 PM
    Hmm, that's interesting. I have the Otterbox commuter in solid black.

I removed the case and lied my phone out like a drowned mermaid on a beach. Stroked her, sang to her, tried charger she came with in multiple outlets in the house. Gave her privacy. Pressed buttons. Cried.

Husband said to swap it for another Z30. I didn't want to have a repeat of whatever it was that was happening.

First person that PMs me they'd like my z30 Otterbox it's yours.

Posted via CB10
    I'll take that otterbox...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-14 01:18 AM
    Maybe try comparing the z10 with a non defective z30.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Bourque and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-14 01:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol do these carriers stab the motherboard before handing them out a "defective" BlackBerry ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-18-14 01:46 AM
    Crackberrians in houston represent!

Posted via CB10
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-18-14 02:00 AM
    bigscreen, easy to reading book!
    06-18-14 02:06 AM
    So you found your long-sought perfect phone in the Z30, which you loved deeply, but ran back like a shot to your old partner, causing lots of grief to others in the process, just because it had a one-off breakdown? Fact of life, sometimes stuff goes faulty, doesn't mean it's common or endemic - if it was, don't you think you'd be reading about it more here?

Posted via CB10
    rotorwrench likes this.
    06-18-14 05:16 AM
    Z30 has excellent reviews and it was fast and nice.

Whomever said I'm giving a bunch of people grief, Verizon can suck it. I've been a customer since before Verizon was called Verizon! Over a decade ++. I utilize a family plan with five devices.

My daughter's Z10 cracked with a less than hardy case. I wanted a good case for my new phone, but the case just made it too hard and bulky and large for me.

Both of my daughters have a Z10. When youngest daughter's broke last week she was heartbroken. I allowed her to ponder which phone she wanted next. She decided in one minute. She's a great kid and very responsible. She wanted nothing but another Z10. All of her friends have other devices! She goes to a career high school that requires a device to be brought in daily.

I'm mailing my Otterbox to a person named Chris that PMd me.
    06-18-14 05:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    It came in the mail at the same time as my Otterbox. Put the two together and spent a decent while with BlackBerry Link and three devices switching around. That evening handed my old Z10 to a 14 year old so happy she cried a little. Lol! She thought she'd have to wait for her August birthday.

Loved the Z30. Wouldn't say it was "long sought after" as a poster above said. I did not like the size with any type of case. Also didn't like the non-removable battery. I preferred the camera on the Z10, perhaps one would say they're the same exact camera, but...not my experience.

I could have kept a Z30 for a month + and feel the same way, there wasn't any more getting used to it as I'm a small person with smaller than average hands.

I'm friendly to all sales people and everyone. Verizon reps are largely asses to me about my choices. I've had perhaps one rep years ago that wasn't rude about my choices of always having BlackBerry. This particular lady rep had a legacy device decked out in a Coach branded case in about 2011- 2012 and she said she never wants to upgrade, loves the phone.
    06-18-14 06:16 AM
    Adding:
    It sucks that Verizon has no Z30s in the store to hold.
    It sucks that Verizon doesn't know the names of the BlackBerrys that are currently out.
    It sucks that when you tell them plainly, this is a Z30, this is a Z10, they act confused as if you're teaching them Greek.
    It sucks that even on the phone they can be rude! "Mam, I can honestly tell you I've never sold this device to anyone because quite frankly no one has ever asked."
    WTF.
    06-18-14 06:24 AM
    Adding:
    It sucks that Verizon has no Z30s in the store to hold.
    It sucks that Verizon doesn't know the names of the BlackBerrys that are currently out.
    It sucks that when you tell them plainly, this is a Z30, this is a Z10, they act confused as if you're teaching them Greek.
    It sucks that even on the phone they can be rude! "Mam, I can honestly tell you I've never sold this device to anyone because quite frankly no one has ever asked."
    WTF.
    All I can say is more evidence of carrier "head games".. why can't they just be a service and offer the customer what they want without all the turmoil and making the whole experience uncomfortable or extremely difficult to an existing or new customer.

Posted via CB10
    lift and shellnsean like this.
    06-18-14 07:46 AM
    Are people really complaining that she tried a Z30 wasn't happy with the overall size of the device yet only switched back to a Z10 when it had, to her, a catastrophic failure? Its not as if she had the phone for an hour, hated it because she couldn't get flappy bird on it and traded it in for a second hand iPhone that still has the game installed.

Geez people, instead of bashing her you could try either offering solutions or explanations to the problem she had so that if something similar happens again, she knows how to fix it OR recognize that she tried the Z30, wasn't 100% happy with it and returned to a Z10.

There's no winning with some people.
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-18-14 10:56 AM
    I just wanted to make a quick comment to the original poster. I switched to a Z30 from a Z10. It does take a little getting used to the size difference. It's been a little over a week and I just love everything about the Z30 now that I am used to it. Oh and just a side note, The Z10 on Verizon is not XLTE compatible like the Z30 was. Only the Q10 and the Z30 can use the new XLTE.
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-18-14 12:10 PM
    So you found your long-sought perfect phone in the Z30, which you loved deeply, but ran back like a shot to your old partner, causing lots of grief to others in the process, just because it had a one-off breakdown? Fact of life, sometimes stuff goes faulty, doesn't mean it's common or endemic - if it was, don't you think you'd be reading about it more here?

Posted via CB10
    Actually there are a lot of reports of this exact same issue with the Z30 on CB. So I would say her Z30 wasn't just a fluke.

Posted via Q10
    shellnsean likes this.
    06-18-14 12:45 PM
    I did that too. Got a Z30 and sold it within a month. Went back to my Z10 only to have it overheat and malfunction. Add that to me selling my Q10 too...

-_- I still really love my Z10 though. Too bad it can't be used as a phone anymore.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-18-14 01:12 PM
    I did that too. Got a Z30 and sold it within a month. Went back to my Z10 only to have it overheat and malfunction. Add that to me selling my Q10 too...

-_- I still really love my Z10 though. Too bad it can't be used as a phone anymore.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    How did it overheat ??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-18-14 01:41 PM
    How did it overheat ??

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    I left my hotspot on and left a bunch of things running. It was just in my purse but the weather was really hot...

Sent from something using Tapatalk pro.
    06-18-14 01:44 PM