I'm having trouble transferring contacts from my Classic to my Z30. Device Smith doesn’t work anymore, it used to; I also tried Content Transfer, it writes to the media card fine but on the Z30 end it won't read it for some reason.

Can anyone help? Thanks very much!

Z30
    03-05-19 04:59 PM
    I'm having trouble transferring contacts from my Classic to my Z30. Device Smith doesn’t work anymore, it used to; I also tried Content Transfer, it writes to the media card fine but on the Z30 end it won't read it for some reason.

Can anyone help? Thanks very much!

Z30
    Hey Blackberry USA,

I'm sure we can get your contacts over. May I ask first if they're local or linked to any e-mail account such as Gmail or Outlook?

Also, is Link working for you? Do you have the Ultimate Backup app?

Let me know...we'll get you all set up.
    03-05-19 06:07 PM
    Hey Blackberry USA,

I'm sure we can get your contacts over. May I ask first if they're local or linked to any e-mail account such as Gmail or Outlook?

Also, is Link working for you? Do you have the Ultimate Backup app?

Let me know...we'll get you all set up.
    Thank you.

All local contacts. No, Link has not worked well over a few years. I've been relying on Device Switch.

I'm unfamiliar with the Ultimate Backup app. Looking I to it now. Any guidance or tips on its use? I'm searching.

Much obliged.

Z30
    03-05-19 06:11 PM
    Thank you.

All local contacts. No, Link has not worked well over a few years. I've been relying on Device Switch.

I'm unfamiliar with the Ultimate Backup app. Looking I to it now. Any guidance or tips on its use? I'm searching.

Much obliged.

Z30
    Ultimate Backup is a backup app made by Runisoft that backs up every form of data you can think of other than apps which runs straight on your device and bypasses Blackberry ID/Link. You can restore straight from the SD card or cloud storage.

Buy the full version here: Buy BlackBerry 10 Apps

It's $10, but well worth it. (They will send you a code to download from BB World once you purchase, as BB World no longer supports paid apps.)

Incidentally, there is a free app in BB World called ContactsImEx that lets you export contacts to VCF or CSV...but that won't help you import them to your Z30. If you're interested in that however here's the link:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...02894/?lang=en
    03-05-19 06:16 PM
    Ultimate Backup is a backup app made by Runisoft that backs up every form of data you can think of other than apps which runs straight on your device and bypasses Blackberry ID/Link. You can restore straight from the SD card or cloud storage.

Buy the full version here: Buy BlackBerry 10 Apps

It's $10, but well worth it. (They will send you a code to download from BB World once you purchase, as BB World no longer supports paid apps.)[/url]
    You saved me. Thanks. Am downloading now.

Best.

Z30
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-05-19 06:19 PM
    You saved me. Thanks. Am downloading now.

Best.

Z30
    Happy to help BB! Feel free to reach out (either by posting or PM--click my name, then the blue PM link next to Posts) if I can be of further assistance.
    03-05-19 06:24 PM
    Gmail saves my contacts so when I say open Gmail into another device whatever I add or save on my BlackBerry it appears on the other device. Another way to do it is Bluetooth. I found it very easy just a bit annoying doing one by one haha but luckily BlackBerry was rather straight forward about it

Posted via my  Z30
    03-31-19 12:28 PM