I'm not sure what the problem is here, the screen and buttons have become completely unresponsive, holding the power button or the two volume buttons to do a reset does nothing,

If I plug it in the screen will turn on as normal, but remains unresponsive. but I tried calling the phone and got a customer unavailable message, as if it was turned off, (I don't have voice mail.

I have not recently installed any apps, or made any changes,

the only think I can think of doing is waiting a week for the battery to die,
    02-06-16 08:22 AM
    why not reload the OS?
    02-06-16 08:34 AM
    I'l try that,
    02-06-16 08:45 AM
    Further problems here,

I installed Blackberry link on my windows 7 computer, it shows the phone is connected but is unable to communicate with the device, I would like to copy the pictures on the phone before reloading the OS, so this leaves me unable to do so,

I have searched for and tried various solutions, such as uninstalling the blackberry network driver, but to no success, the phone does not appear as a drive on My Computer, as I have read it should.

Is there any other method to retrieve the files on the Z30, or fix the problem with BB Link?
    02-06-16 04:02 PM
    If you can find a willing friend/relative, you could try using another computer. Also, try using a different usb port and/or usb cable.

I wonder what happened? Did you get it wet or drop it?

So, the screen is ON? But does not respond. I think I've read where folks have hooked up usb mice to the phone using a usb-on-the-go dongle.

Oh, how old is the phone? Warranty or insurance?
    02-06-16 05:02 PM
    If you can find a willing friend/relative, you could try using another computer. Also, try using a different usb port and/or usb cable.

I wonder what happened? Did you get it wet or drop it?

So, the screen is ON? But does not respond. I think I've read where folks have hooked up usb mice to the phone using a usb-on-the-go dongle.

Oh, how old is the phone? Warranty or insurance?
    For whatever reason the phone is now working, this time it reset when I held down the power button, but it still won't work with BB Link,

But yes, before the touch screen and buttons would not respond, and it was not connected to the cell network, the screen would turn on as it normally does when plugged in, and display all the usual network icons and hub messages,

I have had the phone for about six months, bought new from blackberry, it has whatever the standard warranty is, I haven't dropped it or plugged in any USB devices, or installed any apps recently.

I'll try some more searching around for whatever is the issue with BB Link,
    02-06-16 05:52 PM
    Glad to hear that you got somewhere with it.

BBLink can be a hard case. I get it to connect and then it won't connect. Sometimes I reboot the computer and phone and that MIGHT help.

Should have a one year warranty but hopefully, it won't come to that.

While it is working, you might consider, if possible, pairing it with a BT mouse. That could give you some control.

But in the mean time - BACKUP those photos and other unique docs and stuff.
    02-06-16 07:04 PM