Z30 10.3.1.1865

Was recently in Europe and took a lot of pictures that have some sentimental value. I know that they saved because I emailed a few of them to family while I was away. Got home today, opened the Pictures app, and they're nowhere to be seen. The only pictures there are a few old ones from long before my trip. Rebooted, removed and reinserted memory card several times (with phone off and on). No luck.

Plugged the card directly into a computer and they're not there either. I know I didn't delete them. Any help?
    05-13-15 11:12 AM
    If you don't find them, there are some free recovery apps you can get for your computer to get files off of your sd card. I don't remember off hand what they are called but I used one successfully years ago to recover some deleted files.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-15 11:17 AM
    Any chance you saved them to the Z30's memory instead of the card? I think the default camera setting is to save to memory.
    05-13-15 11:18 AM
    We're your photos saved to the micro SD card? When you plug your Z30 into your computer does the SD card appear as a drive?

If the SD Card isn't appearing, it may be damaged. If it is appearing then you may be able to run a simple file recovery program if they were somehow accidentally deleted.

What's your home PC setup? Mac or Windows?
    05-13-15 11:20 AM
    Were they possibly synced to DropBox?
    05-13-15 01:22 PM
    Anyway, here's a recent article on fixing a corrupt / damaged SD card, if that's the problem. I believe it links to Windows programs for attempting recovery.

How to recover files from a dead SD card for free: tips for fixing memory cards that aren't working - PC Advisor

First tip is the best: Try inserting the SD card into another device that can read the card and see if your files are there.

Good luck!
    05-13-15 02:08 PM
    Try a hard reboot (press and hold the up and down volume buttons simultaneously until the device resets).

Sometimes the pictures file index gets messed up and the OS needs to re-scan the devices storage and SD card. So it may be that your pics are still there, but the OS isn't currently showing you them.

This has happened to me a few times.

Via CB Android on BB10 (jst 4 kiks)
    05-13-15 05:21 PM
    Also, make sure you have free space available on the device. I recently filled mine up and it stopped showing any pics until I made some space by deleting app data.
    05-13-15 06:57 PM