I've been on a Verizon Z10 since it launched, and now I decided to use their edge program to get a Z30. It is "out for delivery" by FedEx as I write this. Sort of hate to give up my beloved Z10, but meh... what can ya do. Z10 got one final backup, but I think I'll just start fresh.

And it just worked out that it is a big time for the Z30 in the US. Verizon dropped an update yesterday, which I don't care about personally, because I have Z30 10.2.1.2234 debrick images downloading at the moment. But I am glad for the BlackBerry ecosystem as a whole. That took way way too long. 10.2.1 is great and for those of you just getting it, you're going to love it.

And also BlackBerry selling unlocked Z30s for US consumption.

Hopefully a lot more will be joining in.
    geekaren and Thachoc1 like this.
    03-19-14 01:46 PM
    Congrats and welcome!!!
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-19-14 01:51 PM
    Congratulations, my guess is you will love it. There are some things I prefer on Z10 like the screen resolution, but if I had to choose Z30 wins hands down.

I am going to give the USB OTG another shot, I had received a USB adapter, however it blocked the HDMI port so I couldnt connect to TV or monitor at same time as USB was plugged in. Now I am set, to use mouse and keyboard with my phone and connect to HD TV.

Just wait until you hear the speakers, they blow the Z10 and other phones away!

Now if I could just find me a good boon dongle or whatever they are called.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-19-14 01:53 PM
    Congratulations and welcome aboard

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-19-14 01:54 PM
    Did the same thing last week. Since my z10 was off contract I kept it and sent my kids razr m back. They got a z10 I got my z30 and have my razr m for a backup in case one needs to go in for service. I like the z10 size better but I'll adjust.

Posted via CB10
    eninrebmun likes this.
    03-19-14 01:57 PM
    Thanks. I am hoping I don't have too much muscle memory from handling a Z10 several times a day for a year, and end up fumbling my Z30 to the ground. ;-)

I do like the Z10's size, but I think my aging eyes may like the slightly larger screen, resolution aside. I am certainly looking forward to the USB OTG. And wireless charging. And the speakers; I know JetPack Joyride sounds amazing on the PB compared to the Z10... hoping it'll be the same or better. From what I am reading... better.

It's still out for delivery. Getting itchy to set it up :-P
    03-19-14 03:16 PM
    Congratulations, my guess is you will love it. There are some things I prefer on Z10 like the screen resolution, but if I had to choose Z30 wins hands down.

I am going to give the USB OTG another shot, I had received a USB adapter, however it blocked the HDMI port so I couldnt connect to TV or monitor at same time as USB was plugged in. Now I am set, to use mouse and keyboard with my phone and connect to HD TV.

Just wait until you hear the speakers, they blow the Z10 and other phones away!

Now if I could just find me a good boon dongle or whatever they are called.
    You know that they both have the same resolution right?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 04:52 PM
    The otter box defender adds some bulk. Just put one on today and feel much more secure about the fumbling issue. I just took the built-in screen protector off. Already have a good one from I smooth on it that is adhered directly to the screen. I wear tactical style pants with deep pockets most of the time so the added bulk is no big deal. Especially when you talk about a 500 dollar phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 05:27 PM
    The otter box defender adds some bulk.
    I like to live life on the edge with my devices... I always run them naked. Although, I do love the BlackBerry branded leather pouches for transport. Slim with the magnetic profile control/sleep. I have one on order... can't wait. Speaking of waiting, my Z30 has its new software (10.2.1.2234) and I am just setting everything up from scratch. I considered doing a device switch, but why not start off fresh.

This thing does feel like a bit of a beast, but the back has that sticky feeling. It feels secure in my hand. I picked my Z10 up a bit ago, and now it seems to tiny. I have a feeling I'll be messing with this the rest of the day; work can wait. :-P
    03-19-14 06:31 PM
    I've tried a number of cases but prefer the phone uncased. It's just right that way. I have a few other state of the art phones. Note 3 and Nokia Icon (929) for instance. But I put the SIM in them, play with them for an hour, then go right back to the Z30. I thought I'd get tired of it but it does so many things right that it's always really hard to put it away. And that battery life is great. You will love this thing. The only thing that could make it better would be maybe a faster processor, but then again anything that can run Netflix in an Android runtime on top of QNX is plenty fast. The screen is great, I love the hub, and I love the sense of focus. This is a phone for communicating and it does that very very well.
    03-19-14 06:46 PM
    You know that they both have the same resolution right?

Posted via CB10
    I do not know their specific specs other than to say the Z10 screen seems much more vivid.
    03-19-14 07:47 PM
    I would definitely protect that z30 with an otterbox defender. Trust me, I run a construction company and I cannot be without the defender. Naked phone never in my life!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 08:30 PM