Can anyone give me a quick walk through on how to use the tap and go technology on the Z30 with the Tim Hortons App.
    No one at Tim Hortons knows what to do.

thanks
    12-13-13 03:17 PM
    12-13-13 03:26 PM
    SETUP
    Open the app and go to TimCard. You will need a Tim Card and cannot just add money to the app. Add the card by signing up. This step will require a data connection. Ensure when you login, you click "Remember Me" so when you go to pay, you don't need a data connection.

PAYING
    Open up the app and click Tim Card.
    Tell the cashier you are paying by Tim Card. Click Pay Now on you phone and when it shows the animation of the phone tapping, touch the phone against the screen of the payment terminal.

For the Q10, Z10, Q5 you need to line up the middle back of the phone to the screen of the payment terminal.
    For the Z30 you need to line up the top half of the phone against the screen of the payment terminal.
    You should hold it there for 2-3 seconds. If nothing happens lift it up, reposition and try it again.
    After tapping, if you are not connected to data you will get an error, this does not effect the payment, it is just trying to update the balance that shows in the app.

You are done! Enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 03:34 PM
    Thanks Andrew i have done most of that. I will go over your list again and try it.
    I was thinking they are making a mistake at tims as not many know about it.

doug
    12-16-13 03:47 PM
    After adding your Tim card and doing all those steps you have to do this for it to work.

You must make sure that the "tap to pay" option is turned on. If you only turn on the NFC in settings it will not activate the tap to pay setting in the timmy app.

Open Timmy App, swipe down from the top, go to settings, turn on "tap to pay" which will also turn on the NFC in your phone settings. You must turn the tap to pay on to use your phone for payment.

Snowboarders follow here -> C0034CABD
    12-16-13 04:00 PM