For those of you who DIDN'T use a screen protector on the Z30, do you regret it? Any scratches or nasty surprises?

Anyone of you left your phone without any protection and was still satisfied with it?

I'm planning to not use a Z30 screen protector for a white Z30. Wondering if it is a good idea.
    11-07-14 06:41 PM
    I've never used a screen protector on anything. I think they're silly. Never regretted. It's a phone. Not like you're going to use it for a decade.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 06:56 PM
    Never use protectors for screens or phones. They're tough. Never a problem

Posted by Jerbru
    11-07-14 07:04 PM
    Nope, if my screen gets smudge, there's always wonder lol

Waynes world
    11-07-14 07:07 PM
    Same goes for me. Never ever used a screen protector. Waist of time and money and makes the screen look like crap.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.2.1.3442 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    11-07-14 07:19 PM
    Not needed. 1.5 years on Z10 with pouch screen was perfect when sold : )

a few months on Z30 with a Back Clear case in casual shirt pocket everyday. Lives next to a hard case cross pen. Call me crazy,For those of you who DIDN'T use a screen protector, do you regret it?-img_20141107_202045.jpg but its still perfect. I do tend to face the screen towards me. I think screen savers are for extreme conditions ONLY.
    11-07-14 07:25 PM
    Great to hear that people are not using screen protectors and that the Z30 screen is strong enough to withstand normal usage
    11-07-14 07:29 PM
    I don't use a screen protector either screen is perfectly find normal day to day use seems like a tough screen I do use the flip case thou.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:36 PM
    I regreted it with the Torch 9850 (plastic screen), but not the PlayBooks or Q10.
    11-07-14 07:50 PM
    I stopped using screen protectors a long time ago... none on my z10, nexus 4, nexus 5, or the z30....

But for the first time ever, I found a scratch on my z30 screen. It isn't big, but it really ticked me off. The only way I think it could have happened was a couple of times I put it in my pocket without a case (as I normally always have it in a case). Even then, it wouldn't have been for long so I was surprised it got scratched.

Long story short, if you keep your phone in a case, then you can get by without a protector, but if you don't use a case, then I would put one on as I don't think the glass is as strong as I thought.

I ended up ordering a replacement screen though for $40 so it is a relatively cheap fix.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 07:58 PM
    I have a built in one with my case, never used one before though,

Posted via CB10 with my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-07-14 08:00 PM
    For those of you who DIDN'T use a screen protector on the Z30, do you regret it? Any scratches or nasty surprises?

Anyone of you left your phone without any protection and was still satisfied with it?

I'm planning to not use a Z30 screen protector for a white Z30. Wondering if it is a good idea.
    Yep. No scratches. Screen looks great and nothing beats 'au naturale'. ;-)
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-07-14 08:16 PM
    I'm using my z30 without any screen protector and it looks pretty much nice....still thinking if I should keep it like this without any protector

On Z30
    11-07-14 08:40 PM
    Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Z10.....never used a screen protector, never had a problem. I also am not particularly careful with my devices
    11-07-14 09:50 PM
    I used screen protectors on older Blackberries with plastic screens, like my curve 8900 and bold 9780, because the plastic would scratch easily. For glass screen phones there isn't a need in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 09:56 PM
    Dropped mine on the tile floor, scratched the screen pretty good.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:47 PM
    Replacement screen is 28 dollars and a five minute fix... Nope, no screen protector here!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 10:50 PM
    I have never used a screen protector on a phone before and I have never had a scratch on a screen. But I will be getting a privacy screen for my new z30. This is largest phone I have ever had and shoulder surfing is really easy with it so this will be more about privacy than any concern about my screen getting a scratch.
    11-08-14 12:04 AM
    I use a clear screen protector on my Z30. I hardly notice it's there. I change it like every 2 months, after it has scratched a lot.
    You shouldn't be worrying about what side up your phone is facing when you put it in your pocket.
    For the amount you spent on the phone, think about how you would feel if you accidentally had a big scratch on it the next day. Investment spoilt.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    11-08-14 12:39 AM
    I have a screen protector from BlackBerry on my Z30. I don't even notice it's there. It's just a small piece of mind.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 01:08 AM
    I'm with the majority here. I have just taken over a Z30 from another family member (who got the new Passport!) He had carried the phone in his pocket since last October (using the OEM "Transform Hardshell". There are no noticeable scratches or other defects on the screen. Woohoo!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 10:19 AM
    I always recommend using a screen protector but not just any screen protector. I hate seeing people who have surface scratches everywhere or nasty looking smudges caked on top of there screen. I guess it's ocd lol. I stay away from cheap plastic screen protectors. I usually go with zagg hd or hdx protection. I wish they made their glass for BlackBerrys. I look at my phone everyday and would hate to see scratches. People will argue new glass tech but I've seen soccer moms scratch gorilla glass 1, 2 and 3 with no problem lol. No one in this thread would buy a new phone scratched, so why tolerate it?

Posted via CB10
    anon(8908445) likes this.
    11-08-14 10:31 AM
    Never has my Z10 had a screen protector and it still looks awesome especially considering it was bought at launch.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-08-14 11:02 AM
    My question isn't for current people who are using screen protectors because:
    1) Screen protectors are designed to be scratched more easily than glass, and thus because it scratches you think "good thing I have one" and erroneously associate those scratches to what could have happened to your phone whereas the glass is a much harder material and those wont even show up on the glass.
    2) Screen protectors are cheap, flimsy, weak pieces of plastic prone to wear and tear.
    3) Some never knew the feeling of being "completely naked" so to speak

That's why I wanted the feedback of those who actually DON'T use a screen protector on their Z30s on a daily basis as they are the ones who KNOW if one is really needed under normal use.
    People like myself who used to use screen protectors on the old plastic screen are doing it because of experience but it sounds like things have changed. But I discovered through the use of my iPad mini that a screen protector isn't necessary for the iPad mini.

Anyways, Day 1 of not using a screen protector on the Z30, so far so good. And love it because screen is so much clearer.
    11-08-14 04:45 PM
    I use anti glare on mine it helps with the sun when I'm out and gives me a little comfort knowing it's there don't know if it actually helps against scratching but I won't have to worry about it also if I want to sell it later the screen will be in perfect shape.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 05:25 PM
56 123