How is the swiping on the bottom lip?

Are the cases too bulky / thick get in the way of swiping from the bottom?

Looking to get a Z30 with a big bulky thick case.

If you have pics, would love to see.

Thanks
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-18-15 09:19 AM
    The OtterBox Commuter does not cover the bottom lip of the touch screen. Only the silver chin.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:12 AM
    I had an Otterbox with my Z30, and I did have trouble swiping up from the bottom. After about a week of frustration I removed it and put a screen protector only on it. A friend of mine still uses his Otterbox, but he works in situations requiring more device protection.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 10:19 AM
    The OtterBox Commuter does not cover the bottom lip of the touch screen. Only the silver chin.

Posted via CB10
    The Defender only covers the chin too. I did punch out the built-in screen protector and put on an OEM protector.

On 10.3.1 I use the flip to sleep so it's nice to have the lip which keeps the screen off the desk surface.

I don't mind the bulk. It "feels" like I can hold onto the phone better.

The edges of the defender for z30 is less pronounced than for the z10.

Sent from my Z30 on CB10
    01-18-15 10:25 AM
    I also use the Otterbox Commuter on my Z30. Very good protection and I have no problems swiping from bottom or sides. For me, this case works awesome. Only problem I have is if your charging cord end is thick, it doesn't stay in the port. My charging cord came with an led light at the end and it is a lot thicker. Nice to see where you're plugging it in at night, but the case gets in the way. that was solved by getting a standard charging cord and now I'm good. Definitely a great case though. Hope that helps and sorry I don't have any pictures.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    kbrant64 and faruki3192 like this.
    01-18-15 10:31 AM
    For those with big Bulky Otterbox or Trident type Z30 cases....-img_00000001_edit.jpg
    For those with big Bulky Otterbox or Trident type Z30 cases....-img_00000002_edit.jpg

Posted via Z30 running 10.3.1.821
    01-18-15 10:50 AM
    The Otterbox does a reasonable job protecting the Z30. It's a bit bulky, but very manageable. I removed the plastic cover and installed a nice screen protector. The Otterbox plastic cover made touch screen typing ridiculously cumbersome. Once I removed it, the problem went away. I do recommend this product.

Posted via Z30 running 10.3.1.821
    Chris Chin likes this.
    01-18-15 10:57 AM
    Love my otterbox commuter case you can cut the little plastic piece above the care port to allow for cord be plugged in. The downside is the flap don't close as good without it.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-18-15 11:42 AM
    can this case can be ship to kuwait?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-15 11:57 AM
    i see some of you have took the plastic protector off of the defender, that's what i want to do since i have get a lot of double tapped letters. which screen protectors are you guys using? i wanted to get a glass one like i had on my z10, but i can't find one that goes edge to edge. to the op, i have the defender and i don't have any problems at all with swiping. and the phone feels much better in my hand. with the commuter i always felt like i was going to drop the phone due to the slippery plastic shell. and i also have no problems with plugging in any chargers with the defender. 1 other drawback with the defender, it's almost impossible to find. i found mine by accident while doing a google search and lucked upon a craigslist posting selling one.
    01-18-15 08:09 PM
    I had the same problem with the charging port,so I snipped off the little section above the port and works without any interference!

From my awesome Z30!
    01-18-15 08:53 PM
    Otterbox works great and the holster is improved from the z10 design no more sideways movement but it will sag your pants

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:29 AM
    I'm using the Trident case and really like the solid responsiveness of the side buttons. Great color combinations also. It does take a bit of adjusting to swiping up but not a big deal. Also using a IQ Shield screen protector. So far so good but still evaluating it.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 12:58 AM
    Using the Otterbox Defender case. No problem swiping at all. I too took off the build in screen protector. Got an American made, precision later cut screen protector called "Illumishield." I love it as it was not expensive, is anti-fingerprint, scratch resistant, anti- bubble, super clear, and oil resistant. Feels like glass.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:25 PM
    I'm using the OtterBox Commuter case with a Seidio S5 Dilex belt clip swivel holster. Combo works great. Also added a magnet to activate holster mode.
    For those with big Bulky Otterbox or Trident type Z30 cases....-img_20141222_063021.jpg
    For those with big Bulky Otterbox or Trident type Z30 cases....-img_20141222_062955.jpg
    For those with big Bulky Otterbox or Trident type Z30 cases....-img_20141222_062923.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 07:32 PM
    Otterbox Defender works fine for myself. I have had no issues with swipping from the bottom.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    ultra07 likes this.
    01-20-15 08:06 PM
    I'm using the OtterBox Commuter case with a Seidio S5 Dilex belt clip swivel holster. Combo works great. Also added a magnet to activate holster mode.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141222_063021.jpg 
Views:	1601 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	328626

Name:	IMG_20141222_062955.jpg 
Views:	1605 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	328627

Name:	IMG_20141222_062923.jpg 
Views:	1603 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	328628

Posted via CB10
    Will that holster fit the Verizon Z30 with the Otterbox Commuter, love the spring clip holsters by Seidio.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-15 10:11 PM
    Have the Defender for rough use situations. I have the plastic screen protector still in place. No problems with typing or swiping. It does significantly increase the size of the phone, but the protection is worth it. Fits solidly in my hand. The holster is much better than the Z10 model, but I would have preferred a positive lock, like Sedio had. Sadly they did not produce a case for the Z30. Having looked at all the hard use cases available, I chose the Defender and have been mostly pleased with it. I would recommend the black over the gray/white colour. The lighter colour is a real dirt magnet.

From my Dirty 30
    FF22 likes this.
    01-20-15 10:29 PM
    My Z30 went straight into an Otterbox Defender and has remained there ever since. I have left the protective front plastic in place and also have a separate protective film on. There has been no reduction in sensitivity and I can swipe away quite happily. The only small area where I have to press with a bit more care is over the 'A' and the 'S'. However, over time it looks as though the plastic stretches a little to make this less of (an admittedly small) problem. Does the case make the phone more bulky? Yes, of course. Does it make it the brick that some think it becomes? Not at all in my opinion. However, this is an area of subjectivity. Peace of mind? Priceless.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-21-15 07:57 AM
    Peace of mind? Priceless.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm using an Otterbox Commuter (I believe it's called) with my Z30. On more than one occasion, I've been in stores educating salespeople about their products by showing them web browser findings on my Z30 and the salespeople have held my Z30. They've never dropped the Z30 but I feel much more comfortable about their holding the phone in light of the Otterbox protection.
    01-21-15 09:58 AM
    I have a Trident aegis case. Works great. There is plenty of space at the bottom of the case for swiping up to unlock, etc. Swiping from the sides is trickier because of the raised edges. The edges are worth it though to protect the screen when the phone is facing down. I would definitely recommend the Trident case.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 01:51 PM
    I just got a Trident case yesterday. I'm still adjusting to the added bulk but it is the best alternative I have found. It does get in the way of swiping up for me but I'm sure I'll adapt.

The lack of third party support for Z30 accessories like cases is really disappointing. At least the Trident has a few color choices.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:28 PM
    I have the Trident Aegis case, and I like it. I go between it and a thinner TPU Fosmon case. My only issue is mine has a bit of flimsy silicone near the charging port so it slightly flares out in that area, but it could just be my case. It's nothing major so it's not going to keep me from using it. All the buttons work well, and I have no trouble with swipe gestures. I also like how they put the mesh material over the speakers.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 03:39 PM
    Will that holster fit the Verizon Z30 with the Otterbox Commuter, love the spring clip holsters by Seidio.

Posted via CB10
    I can not vouch for the Verizon version as I'm using a -5 on AT&T.

The holster was a bit tight initially, so I took a hair dryer to the tabs at the bottom while the case was holstered. Now it's a perfect fit.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:54 PM
    Defender case from almost day one with original screen protector. No problems with swiping or typing and while a bit more bulky, it makes for a very secure feel in handling and holding. I could care less about the looks as long as it works for me and serves a need, which the Defender does.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-15 06:57 PM
44 12