One more thing - BB does travel. My 9930 would go through my emails and pull together an itinerary for me. I was stunned the first time it did that. It never once occurred to me that a phone could be that smart. Guess what? BB10s do the same thing, although you have to grab the app, which is free. BB10 travel apps are just the cats a**.

I am going to admit, I went though three Z10s last fall, and a Q10. None of the Zs ran for more than an hour or two without rebooting. The Q10 had problems because developers screwed up and made their apps to fit the Z10 screen and while the Z10 had a shortage of apps, the Q10 was even worse. I more or less gave up on BB at that point, with them denying for months then finally admitting the problems, and while BGR saying "DOOM, BB, BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!" every day was still repulsive, I was beginning to agree with them. Now with the Z30 BB has nailed it. They need more Made for BB apps, definitely. I'd love to see OneNote for instance, and SkyDrive - I mean, OneDrive - integration. But as it stands it's a great phone and deserves to succeed.
    02-26-14 12:46 PM
    I just switched to BlackBerry Z30 from iPhone 5s and I am so happy.

Z30 is a fantastic phone and all the apps that I need is there. I had the iPhone for about 6 months and tried really hard to like it but it didn't work out for me. Every time you want to change something with iPhone, you have to get out and go to the Setting menu, make your changes and come back to where you were. Very tedious task. There is no application menu like BB 10 so you don't have to leave your current application and make the changes right there. Also, the multitasking feature of BB 10 is amazing and very fluid. Call quality is great in Z30 when compared to iPhone 5S and most important the browser is blazing fast with Z30.

The only additional option that I hope Blackberry should add with the next update is that the bottom tray (at the bottom of the screen) should be changeable, like its legacy phones. I want to put other icons that I use frequently at the bottom of the screen instead of the phone, search and the camera icons.
    02-26-14 12:51 PM
    Had my Z30 for almost 3 months now and must say: BEST PHONE EVER!

Among other qualities, it just ROCKS on:
    • the Hub,
    • notification LED,
    • unbeatable build-quality,
    • second-to-none sound & reception,
    • smart virtual keyboard that LEARNS YOUR TYPING in up to THREE!!! languages at the same time,
    • unbelievable battery life (24-32 hrs w/ "average" use),
    • standardized (not proprietary) connectors,
    • sweet photo edit w/ time-shift,
    • smooth, swipe/gesture-based navigation,
    • open data transfer via Bluetooth, USB & w-lan (not a proprietary program like iTunes or Store),
    • great features like: SD card (mine's a 64 gb), HDMI, Miracast,
      and
    • most importantly: "peace of mind" through "TOP-NOTCH data security."

Don't let the "non-removable battery" issue fool you; it's a "red herring" meant to distract you from all the good s#*t.
    In 3 months (since the phone became available to me), I've NEVER ONCE had the urge or felt the need to remove the battery: O/S is THAT solid & stable!!
    For "me" the "apps-store" issue is a non-starter; sure, there's probably 'something' I'm missing, but I didn't buy this to be a play-thing: JUST a communications and 'getting stuff done' device; plenty of choices, though, through google-play store apps that'll run on the O/S.

Only question is: "WHAT are you waiting for?" ...

02-26-14 01:07 PM
    . BB has NEVER gotten the idea that hey, they have a multicolored LED - maybe they ought to give us more control over notifications! I want the LED to change colors based on the notifying app and I don't want the stupid thing to stop blinking, and THAT SHOULD BE BAKED IN TO BB10.
    Egads wall o text.

The Playstore has an app called Light Flow to control notification LED for compatible Android phones. Wonder if anyone has sideloaded it with Snap and see if works for Z .
    02-26-14 01:33 PM
    Awesome, thanks for all the replies. just a few things. Whats this when I update to kitkat i will lose the sd card use? I am no stranger to bb10 as I have the z10, with snap installed. So the app problem is no big deal to me. Just looking what to buy next. Should I keep the z10 and try the htc one, or what phone would you try other then the z10 or z30? How about opinions on the htc one? Thanks again
    Your third part apps won't be able to write to external SD anymore. Like if you use a downloaded camera app you can't store your pics from it on external SD.
    02-26-14 01:36 PM
    Egads wall o text.

The Playstore has an app called Light Flow to control notification LED for compatible Android phones. Wonder if anyone has sideloaded it with Snap and see if works for Z .
    Yeah I used LightFlow and when it worked it worked well. That is an interesting idea but if I had to bet, I'd bet it wouldn't work. And I refer stream of consciousness to wall o' text
    02-26-14 01:42 PM
    Ok, now where to get a z30 that is fully compatible wilth at&t?
    02-26-14 01:44 PM
    Awesome, thanks for all the replies. just a few things. Whats this when I update to kitkat i will lose the sd card use? I am no stranger to bb10 as I have the z10, with snap installed. So the app problem is no big deal to me. Just looking what to buy next. Should I keep the z10 and try the htc one, or what phone would you try other then the z10 or z30? How about opinions on the htc one? Thanks again
    HTC phones are cool, I had a few alongside my BlackBerry phones. They're also business phones but the fact that they heavily skin the stock android doesn't get me to like them a lot, especially the wait for an OS update.
    I'd suggest Nexus 5, though it's built for developers, I found it pretty fast and reliable to use as one of the best Android phones.

Via CB10 from Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    02-26-14 01:48 PM
    Blackberry 10 actually improves the functionality of the phone each update. Your S4 have a sd card? When you update to Kitkat, you will lose functionality of your sd card. That's just one example. Its a great time for BB10 users, their Blackberrys are just getting better and better.
    Buahahaha. Lose functionality after update. Where you got this stupid news from?
    02-26-14 04:13 PM
    I can't go back to Samsung/Android after BB10. It would be like going back to a toy. Mind you, my primary need is communications, phone, email, text, calendar, etc.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:22 PM
    I've used Samsung and BlackBerry 10 together for almost a year now. I've got to a point where I've actually become disappointed with how the Galaxy phones run. I've had an s2, s3 and now s4 and I can't stand the taught of having to use my s4 as a daily driver and some of the permissions the applications preinstalled ask of you.. for example Samsung's ChatOn!!

Edit: my use of the phone is primarily as jupiter's post above.

Though I do game abit and have around 35+ android apps

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:29 PM
    Friend of mine bullied me with the zz10 and in November I bought z30. He was intrested and he switched begin January from iphone 5 to blackberry z30. He is king with his phone, he loves it much more then his iphone and he is lose from itunes. He never expected to switch and he bullied me almost 10 months having the z10. Love it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 04:30 PM
    Ok, now where to get a z30 that is fully compatible wilth at&t?
    That, my friend, is not available. You can get some compatibility with the models that are already out, but none of them are 100% compatible with Blue's primary LTE (band 17) network.
    02-26-14 05:44 PM
    Not fully compatible. I did not thinks so. Well, thats the deal breaker. Thanks anyway

That, my friend, is not available. You can get some compatibility with the models that are already out, but none of them are 100% compatible with Blue's primary LTE (band 17) network.
    02-27-14 06:33 AM
    should I keep the z10 and try the htc one, or what phone would you try other then the z10 or z30? How about opinions on the htc one? Thanks again
    Based on sound alone, the HTC One blows. I was curious how the Z30 and the One would compare so I went to my local Best Buy store. As I didn't know what to expect I had asked an employee if we could compare the sound, I let her pick the sample song (off of YouTube) and we put my Z30 side by side with the One on display. You could hardly hear the One as the Z30 just overpowered it and it was clear. Both the employee and I had a new found appreciation for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 12:21 PM
    Buahahaha. Lose functionality after update. Where you got this stupid news from?
    Android Central.
    02-27-14 03:26 PM
    Great thread. I can't disagree with the comments. Love my Z30. Been tempted many times to go to an S3, S4, and now...the S5.

Just hate regret, and have a feeling I will be disappointed with the S5, but I feel I gotta getit out of my system! I have windows stuff, apple stuff, BB stuff.......but never owned an Android!
    02-27-14 04:22 PM
    Yeah I used LightFlow and when it worked it worked well. That is an interesting idea but if I had to bet, I'd bet it wouldn't work. And I refer stream of consciousness to wall o' text
    Hub++ in BlackBerry World. Customize LED colours and vibration patterns by contact or application for $2.99. Flip-to-shush. Headless operation. 5-star app for most people. It really makes the notification features sing and dance.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    02-28-14 08:42 PM
    Also, there is 'Color LED Message' app in BBW for the same price and highly rated. Allows the same kind of customization.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    MikeLip likes this.
    02-28-14 08:51 PM
44 12