Title says it all. Give me your opinions on the switch. Any advice will help
    02-26-14 07:49 AM
    The Z30 is a great device. Personally I prefer a user replaceable battery.
    02-26-14 08:03 AM
    It should go smoothly, but that's dependent on whichever apps are 100% necessary. Otherwise, go for it.

Speaking of which, are there any apps that you just have to have on a Z30?

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-26-14 08:07 AM
    Flow your way to Z30 like water. I'm very sure you will feel great to own and use a BlackBerry 10 device.
    You will have to give up the apps though... for now BlackBerry 10 doesn't offer a wide range of apps. However, BlackBerry made up for it with a lot of amazing features.

Via CB10 from Z10-1, 10.2.1.537
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    02-26-14 08:12 AM
    I switched from s4 to z30 and i'm a happy man now. Everything runs so smooth on zed. The only thing to consider is google services, everything else is much better on z30. Battery life, speaker sound, earpiece volume and clarity, hub, personaly I prefer z30 camera than s4- maybe it's more grainy but looks more realistic for me, better reception in places like undergrounds, forrests etc., security reasons, and ther is probably much much more....

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:13 AM
    Got my Z30 now since november 2013.. amazing, the lack of apps is no solved because you have access to the android appstore using a 3th party appstore. Such as 1MobileNation. ( I amost never use any apps but it is a welcome update for some of us )

Battery life, damn it is good ! Personally I use my phone medium to hard and it keeps up with me the whole day

Camera, not that awesome, but really good enough for all your social network life..

Speed is awesome, no strange gestures, keybord is amazing.. fast and easy to use, nice screensize..

Well I won't doubt this one, dish the samsung and #CHOOSEBLACKBERRY10
    02-26-14 08:20 AM
    - BB10 provides an amazing user experience with its features like Hub, BBM built in to the OS, peak, etc.

- The 'app gap' is small now with so many new apps available from BlackBerry World and added Android support.

- Easily has the best virtual keyboard on the market.

- Top notch security features.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 08:27 AM
    You will miss the Remote Control(IR) if you use it. That's what my s4 is now since the Z30 can't do that.
    02-26-14 08:31 AM
    I wouldn't bother. Not enough benefit to switch imo.

Posted via my Z30
    02-26-14 09:33 AM

Posted via my Z30
    If you don't mind, can you tell me what more features S4 is providing than Z30? In general, not your personal opinion.

cheadlender likes this.
    02-26-14 09:41 AM
    I just did that very thing. Had a Z10, got stupid and ordered a S4 to get a larger screen, then decided to get a Z30 before I threw the S4 out the window. Nice phone, but once you go BlackBerry it's tough to go to an Android.

Posted via CB10
    a_texas_vol likes this.
    02-26-14 09:43 AM
    My mom has an s four, the camera,screen, and voice recognition are better but I am so thankful I bought a z thirty for myself. Go with the z the different os alone is worth it.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:51 AM

Posted via my Z30
    Sadly I would agree, Blackberry recently announced they are aiming at the business side of things meaning they are concentrating on their Q20 keyboard devices. They feel this is what everyone here wants, so if you want the latest and greatest ... Maybe look at the S5 with the finger print ID and the heart rate monitor, plus it works along great with the smart watches coming out.
    The Z30 is a great device as it does the basics of what you expect from a BBRY device and has a killer battery... You can sideload snap and use a lot of Android apps for what apps they are lacking.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-26-14 10:08 AM
    Sadly I would agree, Blackberry recently announced they are aiming at the business side of things meaning they are concentrating on their Q20 keyboard devices. They feel this is what everyone here wants, so if you want the latest and greatest ... Maybe look at the S5 with the finger print ID and the heart rate monitor, plus it works along great with the smart watches coming out.
    The Z30 is a great device as it does the basics of what you expect from a BBRY device and has a killer battery... You can sideload snap and use a lot of Android apps for what apps they are lacking.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Doesn't make sense to me. Finger print reader or the heart monitor is not what general users need. People want ease of use and fast operating that let's them do what they want without having to click multiple times.

02-26-14 10:21 AM
    First and foremost- you get to be liberated from google services!

The S4 is a nice phone, the only problem I have with it is - Samsung itself ruins it for me. The touchwiz UI is terrible, and like most Sammy phones, after the 6-8 month marker they start to slow down and lag a little, eventually to lagging alot. My last S3 which I barely used is extremely slow now, and almost unusable at times. Thing about it is, I have next to no apps on this thing other than what it came pre-loaded with.

Battery life on the Z30 smokes just about anything out there, the BB10 OS is one of the best out there for speed, and overall UI navigation makes it real hard to go back to android or apple (especially still having a home button feels very 2010 to me). You will find all sorts of small things that are built into the OS native, leaving one less app for you to download.

At very least it is worth a try, but keep in mind there is def. a learning curve to it! you will not master this thing in an hour, but you will know your way around it. Come on back here if you need help or are looking for something in general. Many here are happy to help ya.
    02-26-14 10:37 AM
    Blackberry 10 actually improves the functionality of the phone each update. Your S4 have a sd card? When you update to Kitkat, you will lose functionality of your sd card. That's just one example. Its a great time for BB10 users, their Blackberrys are just getting better and better.
    freddysrevng3 likes this.
    02-26-14 11:07 AM
    Switched from a Sony Z1; selling the Z1 now since Z30 can do all. As all mentioned the disadvantage is the Google Services. I'm sure BB developers will work something out with Google in the later years. People tell me I'm crazy for switching, but they just don't understand the functionality of blackberry hub is far superior than any Android email/social apps out there.
    02-26-14 11:33 AM
    I recently switched from the s4 and I'm loving it. I still use the s4 sometimes as a backup device but the z30 is better to me. It feels better to hold and in my experience is just as fast.

Posted from my awesome Z30 using CB10
    02-26-14 11:39 AM
    Here's my rambling take. I have a Note 3, which is kind of a S4 with faster processor, bigger screen and stylus. I will certainly find my way back to it. But there is no one answer here. I also have a 928 and have ordered an Icon. I had an iPhone 4, but iOS is boring. I do have an iPad 3 but that's just for stuff I can't find on other platforms, especially Oovium I can't wait for the new keyboard BB. All of these platforms have their plusses and minuses. The Z30 has the hub, which I thought was going to be a gimmick until I started using it. Now I wish they all had an integrated messaging area like that. But while there are enough apps to keep me productive, the Z30 isn't an entertainer like the Note 3 or the 928 or Icon. What it does (communication and organization) it does better than any other platform I've found, which doesn't surprise me. That's always been BBs thing. My last BB was a 9930, and a Storm 2 (I think I'm the only fan of that phone - I loved it) and 8330. I've been pulling for BB and the Z30 is a home run - much MUCH better than the Z10. But even compared to the Storm it's lacking in apps. The Note does stuff like organize info better and makes a great e-reader and video player. The 928 does email really well and has lots of good games and general purpose apps, but not as good as a reader or video player. The N3 and Z30 are great on battery, with the edge going to the N3. The Z30 is by far the best *phone* with great sound, but loses out badly to the 928 as a speakerphone. Best speakerphone ever? Storm 2. Hoping the Icon comes close, since the 928 is nearly as good. Lets see, what else? I love the lock screen notifiers on the Z30. I wish BeBuzz worked headlessly as they frikkin promised it would, but so far no dice. I loved it on the older BBs. The alternative (Hub ++) is, frankly, a pain in the ****. It works but control is too fine grained and defaults are screwed up. BB has NEVER gotten the idea that hey, they have a multicolored LED - maybe they ought to give us more control over notifications! I want the LED to change colors based on the notifying app and I don't want the stupid thing to stop blinking, and THAT SHOULD BE BAKED IN TO BB10. It should have been baked in the older ones since OS4 or so. Of course to be fair Android has the very same problem. It's just stupid. I wish there were themes. I loved themes on OS6 and earlier. I'd still be using the 9930 if OS7 supported themes. The 9930 was not just a phone - it was a sexy gadget that I loved using every time. You could do everything one handed, which you cannot on the Z30. Maybe the Q10 or the new keyboard BB, whatever their new high end one will be. But the Q10 just isn't as pretty as the 9930 was.

BTW - BB is bringing back control keys????? Yeah! I want that hardware. I can do without the touchpad but I want those essentials - especially call and end - back.

Hope you made it though this stream of consciousness post
    02-26-14 12:19 PM
    Awesome, thanks for all the replies. just a few things. Whats this when I update to kitkat i will lose the sd card use? I am no stranger to bb10 as I have the z10, with snap installed. So the app problem is no big deal to me. Just looking what to buy next. Should I keep the z10 and try the htc one, or what phone would you try other then the z10 or z30? How about opinions on the htc one? Thanks again
    02-26-14 12:26 PM
    Just as a sidenote, I have (as you've seen) several phones. I also have the Motorola Moto X, which is awesome. But I just went in to the Phone Drawer of Death to see what phone I wanted to use for the next couple days. Looked at the X - meh. Note 3? Nice, but big. 928? Almost. Razr HD - eh, too grainy. Icon - not delivered yet - comes tomorrow !!!!! Yup, right back to the whipping boy of BGR - the Z30 - because it's awesome.
    02-26-14 12:30 PM
    Awesome, thanks for all the replies. just a few things. Whats this when I update to kitkat i will lose the sd card use? I am no stranger to bb10 as I have the z10, with snap installed. So the app problem is no big deal to me. Just looking what to buy next. Should I keep the z10 and try the htc one, or what phone would you try other than the z10 or z30? How about opinions on the htc one? Thanks again
    I had the HTC One. I sold it. It's a nice phone, but the next gen HTC is coming and it will kick the Ones ****. The Boomsound/Beats thing is WAAAAAAAAAY overrated. It still sounds like a 1970s transistor radio. Don't let the hype fool you. It's still small speakers in a tiny package. It sounds OK if you like crappy AM radios, but HTC would have you think it sounds like a component stereo system. It's not even in the same county, let alone ballpark. Better is the Note 3, but the Z30 sounds as good as the One. And frankly aside from sound there are far better Android platforms now. The LG G2 for instance, and I'm guessing the S5 will be awesome. Look HARD at Windows phone. It's an amazing platform and the Nokia hardware is incredible. And hey - there are LOONEY TOONS apps on Windows Phone! NO ONE ELSE HAS THAT! WIN!!!!!!
    02-26-14 12:35 PM
    Be free of the great googly-moogly my friend. Break the silken ropes which bind you to the data vampire. Buy the Z30 and find dignity.
    You know what BB used to do when it was RIM? Compress data before sending. The OS7 and older units were amazing in their frugal use of data, and with capped data plans they ought to bring that back!
    02-26-14 12:37 PM
    - BB10 provides an amazing user experience with its features like Hub, BBM built in to the OS, peak, etc.

- The 'app gap' is small now with so many new apps available from BlackBerry World and added Android support.

- Easily has the best virtual keyboard on the market.

- Top notch security features.

Posted via CB10
    I can't lie, I laughed when I read BBM built in to the os. Grasping for straws? But yeah the blackberry does provide an amazing user experience and "toast" messages adds to the all around convenience.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:40 PM
    I did the switch and love my blackberry hadnt had one for a few years, my s4 was just ok battery life was terrible and the battery even swelled so I decided to get the z30 and I dnt miss my s4

Posted via CB10
    a_texas_vol likes this.
    02-26-14 12:42 PM
44 12