Never had a bb before. Been a iPhone user for 5 years and the last 2 years android - Samsung s3 and sony xperia z1. quite happy with the z1 now. but lately been tempted to try the z30..read some great reviews..what do you guys think of this move?
    One of my main concern is the apps..does bb have all the main apps I use - whatsapp, rbc mobile app, bbc, torrents etc..

Also i'm sure people in this community have done a similar switch..what are your thoughts??
    04-14-14 09:12 PM
    Well you know Sony is even looking for a way out of Android. Or that is an alternative for its hardware. Android is not high quality and they know it. BBM is better than whatsapps. we can load android apps now.
    04-14-14 09:27 PM
    I'm thinking of switching from my nexus 5 too... Been using Android for a long time now and need a change.... BB 10 looks good

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    04-14-14 09:57 PM
    I made the switch from iPhone 5s and I am absolutely in love with the Z30. Not a big apps user so can't really comment on that but the speed and ease of use of the Z30 has just blown my mind. Way back in the day I had a 9900 and this beats that by a hundred miles! You will love the Z30. I know I do!

From my awesome Z30!
    04-14-14 10:01 PM
    I have Whatsapp and it works fine, although I rarely use it. I also have RBC app and it works great. For torrent you'll have to get an android app for that. Search for how to install Snap, which basically accesses Google Play Store.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:11 PM
    How about the dnla streaming? I use this quite a bit from my Sony Xperia z1 to the Samsung TV. Does this work on z30?
    04-14-14 11:10 PM
    Even I made a switch from z1
    What you will on this device is better screen with no fading, better keyboard, better call quality, better volume output, better messaging, os is much better and smooth, I had to check z1 again and again for any notifications but not on this device, feels better to hold not flat and chunky as z1, Whatsapp is much better on this really, not sure about other apps, low on apps, but can be installed from other app market, tried some apps few worked so you better check if all your apps really work on this device or you will end up getting 2 phones lol.
    I have iPhone 5s as my main device, so dont use apps on this.
    What you will miss is a good camera, waterproof body, Facebook contact integration.
    You can let me know if you need to know more.
    But I like it more than z1, but I am also waiting for z2 to arrive and to see which one is better.
    Speakers of z30 will blow your mind really, I compared it to htc one m7, and this one sounds a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:22 PM
    How about the dnla streaming? I use this quite a bit from my Sony Xperia z1 to the Samsung TV. Does this work on z30?
    Very simple, and works very well. I stream to a Samsung 75 inch tv all the time

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:27 PM
    Never had a bb before. Been a iPhone user for 5 years and the last 2 years android - Samsung s3 and sony xperia z1. quite happy with the z1 now. but lately been tempted to try the z30..read some great reviews..what do you guys think of this move?
    One of my main concern is the apps..does bb have all the main apps I use - whatsapp, rbc mobile app, bbc, torrents etc..

Also i'm sure people in this community have done a similar switch..what are your thoughts??
    Check out these two reviews. Basically, BlackBerry gave Dad Does a challenge to use the Z30 for 7 days. The first video is his initial review. The second video is a follow-up after updating to OS 10.2.1. It's very honest.

Video #1:

Video #2:

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-14-14 11:49 PM
    Even I made a switch from z1
    What you will on this device is better screen with no fading, better keyboard, better call quality, better volume output, better messaging, os is much better and smooth, I had to check z1 again and again for any notifications but not on this device, feels better to hold not flat and chunky as z1, Whatsapp is much better on this really, not sure about other apps, low on apps, but can be installed from other app market, tried some apps few worked so you better check if all your apps really work on this device or you will end up getting 2 phones lol.
    I have iPhone 5s as my main device, so dont use apps on this.
    What you will miss is a good camera, waterproof body, Facebook contact integration.
    You can let me know if you need to know more.
    But I like it more than z1, but I am also waiting for z2 to arrive and to see which one is better.
    Speakers of z30 will blow your mind really, I compared it to htc one m7, and this one sounds a lot better.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a big app user either. So most of the apps are available seems. I definitely don't want to carry 2 phones. It's good t see your comments coming from z1. I think I'll trade my z1 for a z30. Thanks.
    04-15-14 01:47 AM