Hi

i am new to this forum and new to blackberry( previous iPhone user and Sony Xperia Z). I'm thinking now to try a Backberry however i have a few question.

1. how do i sync all my contact from google account to the blackberry z30

2. what is the battery life like when watching continuous full movies and surfing the web.

3. what so interesting about bbm

4. what is the sound quality like when playing movies/music and when receiving a call.

5. does it get hot when playing games for long or when watching movies.

6. can you install apk files .. i want XBMC on the blackberry

7. i have read through the forum about a leak version that does let you install apk files but there were a lot of issues from battery drain. so is there an official date for the release of the new software.

8. Can you customise the home page ie widget etc

your help is much appreciated
    11-19-13 03:06 PM
    Get it. It meets your needs. First thing is install 10.2.1.1055. I'll get you more details soon I need to do something just now.
    11-19-13 03:10 PM
    11-19-13 03:18 PM
    Hi

i am new to this forum and new to blackberry( previous iPhone user and Sony Xperia Z). I'm thinking now to try a Backberry however i have a few question.

1. how do i sync all my contact from google account to the blackberry z30

2. what is the battery life like when watching continuous full movies and surfing the web.

3. what so interesting about bbm

4. what is the sound quality like when playing movies/music and when receiving a call.

5. does it get hot when playing games for long or when watching movies.

6. can you install apk files .. i want XBMC on the blackberry

7. i have read through the forum about a leak version that does let you install apk files but there were a lot of issues from battery drain. so is there an official date for the release of the new software.

8. Can you customise the home page ie widget etc

your help is much appreciated
    My response is my opinion only. With that said ....

1. Syncing with Google is done when you set up your Google account and select to sync the contants and calendar.

2. Battery Life is incredible and better than any other device out there under the circumstances you are referring to. I suggest you document what you get from your current device and compare.

3. BBM is very easy to use. You can see when your messages have been delivered and read. You can easily do group discussions including sharing media to all. You can make video calls to other BBM people. Unlike text messages that come up on your phone bill with number and times, BBM messages do not come up on your phone bill - that's good or bad depending on who you are. BBM messages can be saved for later retrieval. You do not need to share your phone number in order to communicate on BBM, it's done via a unique PIN number assigned to you. Your profile contains a picture, your status that you can update. BBM connects to many apps including your music player and can share via your status what you're listening to or what apps your in (if you allow it). SO MUCH MORE!

4. Sound quality is great especially when using the external speakers.

5. The Z30 does get a little warm especially if on an app that is data intense. Nothing like the Z10 though.

6. I have installed many APK files successfully, like Sirius XM, Showtime Anytime, Hulu+, NFL Mobile, Verizon Fios Mobile, Candy Crush, Face teleport .... many more without problem *with the leaked OS 10.2.1.1055.

7. Official OS releases are completely dependent on the provider of service. There are many leaks that are VERY stable and pre-requisites to the official realeses anyway. Enter at your own risk but know there is alot of help and support out there, and in the end you can always go back to the official release with ease. Reminds me of the old days of iPhone's when every "geek" was jailbreaking their phones!

8. The Z30 is laid out like an iPhone in that there are tiles and/or folders of grouped tiles that represent your apps. HOWEVER, you can minimize up to 8 apps as "active tiles" on the "home" screen. Many apps have graphics and other things visible on the mimized window (aka active tile).

Don't know if these are the answers you are looking for but they are at least honest. There are some things that you might really like that you didn't mention. Like the HUB. It's a single place where you can see your email, texts, facebook notifications, twitter notificatios, calls, BBM, etc etc. No need to scroll through all your apps to find the one you're looking for. You can see all your notifications and where they are from (text, email, etc) in a quick "peek" gesture so you don't have to leave what you're doing and can decide if it's important enough to get to. Notifications pop up no matter what app you're in, OR NOT because you can customize notifications of anything that gives you notifications. So much more!!
    stevepar and Davidro1 like this.
    11-20-13 07:34 PM