I've been looking for a Z30, and I spent an hour today trolling around the five mobile phone stores in our local mall. There's a Fido and a Bell, a Source, and a Wind Mobile and another store that sells a number of different phone plans.

Only the Bell store now carries the Z30. Fido carries only the Q5, Wind and the other general store don't carry any BB phones, and the Source thought he might have a BB7 phone somewhere. Fido tried to sell me an iPhone, but I told the sales assistant exactly what I thought of them and left rather quickly.

I was absolutely horrified by the lack of support for our iconic Canadian mobile phone company from these other businesses. In fact, one of them told me outright that Blackberry wasn't doing phones any more, they were dead. Of course, because I was looking specifically for a Z30, I didn't give any of the stores my business, but how can Blackberry survive against this kind of misinformation and downright couldn't-care attitude from the carriers?

quailallstar likes this.
    08-19-14 09:38 PM
    Try telus they have them on sale.
    Elite1 likes this.
    08-19-14 09:41 PM
    It was an unfortunate choice of stores. Only Bell and Telus ever carried Z30 in stores and Rogers did by special order only. Even their subsidiaries (Virgin Canada, Koodo, and Fido, respectively) did not carry Z30. Source might have at some locations since they are Bell dealer, but I'm not sure.

When I picked up my Z30 from Best Buy, it was literally the only one in stock. Lucky for me it was a Telus unit.

Just visit a corporate Bell or Telus store, or special order via Rogers. As of today, all three of them have the Z30 for free with a new activation or renewal.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    08-19-14 09:57 PM
    I've been looking for a Z30, and I spent an hour today trolling around the five mobile phone stores in our local mall. There's a Fido and a Bell, a Source, and a Wind Mobile and another store that sells a number of different phone plans.

Only the Bell store now carries the Z30. Fido carries only the Q5, Wind and the other general store don't carry any BB phones, and the Source thought he might have a BB7 phone somewhere. Fido tried to sell me an iPhone, but I told the sales assistant exactly what I thought of them and left rather quickly.

I was absolutely horrified by the lack of support for our iconic Canadian mobile phone company from these other businesses. In fact, one of them told me outright that Blackberry wasn't doing phones any more, they were dead. Of course, because I was looking specifically for a Z30, I didn't give any of the stores my business, but how can Blackberry survive against this kind of misinformation and downright couldn't-care attitude from the carriers?

I had a similar situation last month didn't I was looking around Rogers wireless stored and kiosks to pick one up ad well.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:15 AM
    I was happy, and maybe a little surprised, to see a working Z30 displayed along side all the other phones in my local Verizon store in Long Island, NY.
    08-20-14 07:21 AM
    Well, that's what they tell people.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    08-20-14 07:26 AM
    When anyone says "BlackBerry is dead" just ask them what's the source of their information.
    then ask them to Google BlackBerry's latest earnings call... a dead company can't have an earnings call, can't be listed on the stock exchange, etc, etc... they will get the picture.
    And leave without arguing.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:53 AM
    They tell me BlackBerry is dead-mockit_20082014085647.jpg

Posted via CB10
    texn884, HigherThanMars and Elite1 like this.
    08-20-14 07:57 AM