Hi all. I'm looking to make the jump today. Just before I do I was wondering if there is a definitive list of android apps that work with the new 10.2? If not then does anyone know if my small but important list are covered? I'm happy to use native ones where I have too.

Remote desktop application
    Airdroid (Wi-Fi connection to upload and download files etc)
    Google drive
    Drop box
    Sky drive
    Keepsafe
    Msecure
    Quickpic
    Scanner radio
    Ultimate guitar tabs
    Tapatalk forum reader

Also..one question. Does 10.2 still allow profiles similar to the BlackBerry of old I used to use?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-16-13 01:43 AM
    I can only answer part of your list, so someone else will have to fill in the gaps. I am sure you can probably sideload them if you wanted to.

There are apps for drop box, scanner radio and several for remote desktop in bbw.

BlackBerry Link allows wifi syncing and network drive capabilities. I don't use these so that's all I know.

As for Google drive and sky drive, I use playcloud. It gives me access to those, as well as, box and sugar sync.

Posted via CB10
    uktivo likes this.
    10-16-13 02:08 AM
    Tapatalk was available in bbworld but they took it down for some reason. You can still side load it

Posted from my Z10
    uktivo likes this.
    10-16-13 02:14 AM
    Google Drive= Accessed through third-party client (e.g. Cloud Explorer, PlayCloud 10)
    Dropbox = Available in BlackBerry World; Integrates with native file manager
    SkyDrive = Accessed through third-party client (e.g. Cloud Explorer, PlayCloud 10)
    KeepSafe Vault = I recall a similar file hiding app in BlackBerry World
    Msecure = Most features provided by BlackBerry Protect; Native integration
    QuickPic = Most features provided by native image viewer
    Scanner Radio = Available in BlackBerry World
    Ultimate Guitar Tabs = Requires sideloading
    Tapatalk = Requires sideloading
    uktivo likes this.
    10-16-13 02:17 AM
    Well welcome me to the new owners club. I picked one up today. Sat and had a coffee whilst seeing it up.. I'm really pleased to be back so far... May need some help with side loading etc.. thanks for the replies

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-16-13 06:12 AM
    Google Drive= Accessed through third-party client (e.g. Cloud Explorer, PlayCloud 10)
    Dropbox = Available in BlackBerry World; Integrates with native file manager
    SkyDrive = Accessed through third-party client (e.g. Cloud Explorer, PlayCloud 10)
    KeepSafe Vault = I recall a similar file hiding app in BlackBerry World
    Msecure = Most features provided by BlackBerry Protect; Native integration
    QuickPic = Most features provided by native image viewer
    Scanner Radio = Available in BlackBerry World
    Ultimate Guitar Tabs = Requires sideloading
    Tapatalk = Requires sideloading
    I'm almost positive I had a SkyDrive app working on the Z10.
    10-16-13 06:17 AM
    Can only list the ones I have used/tried
    Skydrive, ultimate guitar tabs and tapatalk all work as sideloads

Posted via CB10
    uktivo likes this.
    10-16-13 06:48 AM
    One question. Once I've set up something like drop box or the box and it's integrated into the file manager (love this by the way) can I then remove the icon from my desktop and the program won't delete the settings I've just set up?
    If not, is there a way to remove unwanted icons/programs from the desktop, currently, I've created a folder and stuck it on the last screen.

Posted with my Z30
    bspence87 likes this.
    10-17-13 01:36 AM
    Removing apps depends on the app. If you long press on the icon it will start to pulsate. You will be able to delete it if there is a trash can on top of the icon. If not, then it's a core app.

With regard to deleting the icon once you have everything linked with the file manager, my sense is no you can't delete it. I could be wrong here but I think you still need the app installed for it to work. I do what you do - store unwanted, but needed, apps in a folder on the last page. Out of sight, out of mind.

By the way, welcome aboard. I hope your device works well for you.

Posted via CB10
    uktivo likes this.
    10-17-13 02:28 AM
    One question. Once I've set up something like drop box or the box and it's integrated into the file manager (love this by the way) can I then remove the icon from my desktop and the program won't delete the settings I've just set up?
    If not, is there a way to remove unwanted icons/programs from the desktop, currently, I've created a folder and stuck it on the last screen.

Posted with my Z30
    There is a way, but it involves extracting the bar file of the apps you want to remove from the autoloader of the OS you're using and sideloading it on the phone. Makes most unwanted icons delete able

Posted via CB10
    uktivo likes this.
    10-17-13 05:37 AM