Is there a way to transfer a game and have your progress/saved game transferred as well? I only ask bc certain games when reinstalled don't allow you to continue from where you left off meaning you would have to start. Just wondering since I'm getting a new BlackBerry and want to be able to play some of my saved games w/o having to start over. Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:28 AM
    I think the only way you can do that is to find the folder on the device memory and copy it to exactly the same location on the new phone.
    emkay47 likes this.
    03-11-14 05:29 AM
    U should mention what game u r referring to.
    Some games save progress online, usually linked to fb account.

Posted via CB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    03-11-14 05:32 AM
    U should mention what game u r referring to.
    Some games save progress online, usually linked to fb account.

Posted via CB10
    Was referring to iron man 3 by gameloft. It only saves your scores and achievements/trophies through fb. It Doesn't save your unlocked armors and it's so much work to unlock them again from scratch. That's the only thing I don't like about gameloft they're really trying to catch people with those in app purchases by making it near impossible to achieve anything.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:47 PM
    I think you have to do a BlackBerry Link back up of your app data. And then restore the app data backup to your new blackberry. Your games along with your progress transfer along with it.... but so do alllll of your other apps and app data.

Wish there was a way to do games and regular apps separately...

Posted via CB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    03-11-14 01:47 PM
    Thanks a lot man appreciate the tip, that's really good to know. Now I actually have a reason to use link. Before I was ok with ota dl of new os but at the expense of losing app data, etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 01:51 PM
    I think you have to do a BlackBerry Link back up of your app data. And then restore the app data backup to your new blackberry. Your games along with your progress transfer along with it.... but so do alllll of your other apps and app data.

Wish there was a way to do games and regular apps separately...

Posted via CB10
    How about
    1. Full backup
    2. Delete games and do backup again (contain, apps data)
    3. Restore full backup (point 1), delete apps, and do backup again (contain games data and some app data that can't be uninstalled)

Now you'll have 3 backup file

Posted via CB10
    FMB8900 likes this.
    03-11-14 07:21 PM
    Thanks a lot man appreciate the tip, that's really good to know. Now I actually have a reason to use link. Before I was ok with ota dl of new os but at the expense of losing app data, etc.

Posted via CB10
    AFAIK, ota update doesn't delete data, unless u have problem during process, u can do backup using link, and do ota update. At least u have option to restore data when things go wrong.

Please note, side loaded android apps will not be backup-ed by Link, cmiiw.
    Perhaps you can try android app for that, not sure though.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 07:26 PM
    How about
    1. Full backup
    2. Delete games and do backup again (contain, apps data)
    3. Restore full backup (point 1), delete apps, and do backup again (contain games data and some app data that can't be uninstalled)

Now you'll have 3 backup file

Posted via CB10
    Lol thanks

Posted via CB10
    cuek80 likes this.
    03-12-14 11:05 AM
    AFAIK, ota update doesn't delete data, unless u have problem during process, u can do backup using link, and do ota update. At least u have option to restore data when things go wrong.

Please note, side loaded android apps will not be backup-ed by Link, cmiiw.
    Perhaps you can try android app for that, not sure though.

Posted via CB10
    No you're right that was the only reason I did ota versus link. But now I have another z30 and I want to transfer my app data from old z30 to the new z30. I just wasn't sure if my game progress would transfer over. I've never done a transfer b4 so that was my main question. I've always been ok with getting a new phone and starting fresh, so I would just reinstall apps until I noticed that iron man 3 doesn't resume your progress.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 01:31 PM
    No you're right that was the only reason I did ota versus link. But now I have another z30 and I want to transfer my app data from old z30 to the new z30. I just wasn't sure if my game progress would transfer over. I've never done a transfer b4 so that was my main question. I've always been ok with getting a new phone and starting fresh, so I would just reinstall apps until I noticed that iron man 3 doesn't resume your progress.

Posted via CB10
    As long as it's native app, it should.
    AFAIK, restore will put ur device at same state as ur backup, minus the android apps and surprisingly BBM too.
    For example, I have 2 bank apps, usually need to do one time activation when first installed, but after restore process, all apps just works as before.
    Another example is Whatsapp, all chats are also show up in Hub and in whatsapp, and I don't have to re enter my Whatsapp number.

Keep it mind, you ll need to use same BBID to restore app data

Posted via CB10
    emkay47 likes this.
    03-12-14 10:00 PM
    Gotcha. I just need to install the latest os on it that matches what I had on the back up file for the other phone.

Posted via CB10
    cuek80 likes this.
    03-13-14 12:11 AM