08-20-14 02:17 PM
38 12
tools
    Can we please stop with the bashing, I understand being angry about losing pictures that may not be able to be recovered. Since I started replying to this thread, I have now plugged my BB in via USB and am making yet another backup of my SD card through Windows explorer. BTW, I do not have, and never have enabled "Mass Storage" but at this point for the OP I think he should try ALL the options put forth,

And PLEASE let us know what Windows Explorer is showing...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:45 PM
    Can we please stop with the bashing, I understand being angry about losing pictures that may not be able to be recovered. Since I started replying to this thread, I have now plugged my BB in via USB and am making yet another backup of my SD card through Windows explorer. BTW, I do not have, and never have enabled "Mass Storage" but at this point for the OP I think he should try ALL the options put forth,

And PLEASE let us know what Windows Explorer is showing...
    No mass storage = network drive
    Mass storage = direct access to sd card (and properties)
    zephyr613 likes this.
    08-20-14 01:46 PM
    Are you here to FLAME or get your **** fixed?! What does windows explorer show?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I'm here for both lol..
    It simply shows one album. One out of 30 albums I had. My music folder is empty as well. I'd like to know where 2000 songs disappeared to

"Once You Go Black You Never Go Back"
    08-20-14 01:46 PM
    No need to translate, we understand what happend. "Something" did happen to your device, what ? Who knows.
    But I see more anger over an electronic device that gacked, rather than the loss of your data, and because you have no backup, your venting you frustrations.
    We are trying to help you, but you seem more bent on bashing than taking the assistance.
    I'm done.........
    Dave Bourque and zephyr613 like this.
    08-20-14 01:49 PM
    Seriously dude - You have no one to blame but yourself. Backup that stuff somewhere. On your computer, to the cloud, via link etc...

Your phone storage is for convenience, but if it is valuable it should definitely be safely warehoused somewhere else. Preferably in multiple places.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:50 PM
    Well, I (and others) tried to help and assist. Hope things work out for you.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 01:53 PM
    I'm here for both lol..
    It simply shows one album. One out of 30 albums I had. My music folder is empty as well. I'd like to know where 2000 songs disappeared to

Let's make this like grade 1 for you
    Answer the questions in order.

1. Did you remove sd card with device turned off and reinsert after turning device on?

Next
    2. Check on device file manager, are the files are still missing?

Next
    3. Did you enable USB mass storage mode?

Next
    4. After enabling USB mass storage mode and connecting to computer via USB, what does windows explorer show when browsing the drive?

5. If stuff is missing, did you try to use windows to check and repair the drive?

And as far as defragment goes.. why would I let a fat32 file system stay fragmented? That's just crazy if you ask me
    zephyr613 and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-14 01:54 PM
    Well, I (and others) tried to help and assist. Hope things work out for you.
    Yea nothing has worked. Just gonna wait for new iPhone and see what it has to offer. I can't trust a phone that randomly decides to erase my pics, music, and video. And I shouldn't have to restore files from PC. Simply put, my files were wiped for no apparent reason. Hope you guys enjoy riding the BlackBerry wagon. The last of a dying breed...

08-20-14 02:08 PM
    So, you can blame the device but not the media card? Have you tried using the SD-Card on another device? What OS are you on? Also- cool down on your ranting- we get it. When I get a flat tire- I do not blame Acura- and definately do not stand around and complain.
    I hope your day gets better!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-20-14 02:10 PM
    Hopefully the iPhone forums have better babysitters to hold your hand.

Richard
    Dave Bourque and Carl Estes like this.
    08-20-14 02:12 PM
    Pssst, is he gone?

c
    08-20-14 02:14 PM
    It seems like there is a lot of hostility here (and just just the OP's thoughts on his device) - but you still have not answered the questions posed to you by us trying to help: Including screen shots of the following from Nah:

1. Did you remove sd card with device turned off and reinsert after turning device on?

Next
    2. Check on device file manager, are the files are still missing?

Next
    3. Did you enable USB mass storage mode?

Next
    4. After enabling USB mass storage mode and connecting to computer via USB, what does windows explorer show when browsing the drive?

5. If stuff is missing, did you try to use windows to check and repair the drive?

Also, considering all the hatred, I find your signature amusing (the "Once You go Black you'll never go back" (blackberry)). If you don't want to listen to advice given in a friendly and helpful fashion, please let us know so we may be able to help others with more pressing issues.
    I've answered those questions. Maybe it never sent or posted. And yes my signature shows how much I love BlackBerry. I'm a true fan. To the heart. But how much BS can a person deal with? Years of dealing with BlackBerry bs. Been dealing with bs since the BlackBerry Storm days.

1. Yes many times just to be sure

2. Yes

3. Yes and after that I disabled to see if it would sync and fix anything. ON PC it only shows my 1 album. Even my music folder says empty.

4. Simply shows "K" Drive and when I open and view contents folders like : documents, music, photos, downloads are there BUT nothing inside them

5. Yea and it found no issues

08-20-14 02:14 PM
    And that looks like a good page to end this chapter before infractions start flying.
    08-20-14 02:17 PM
38 12