Just thought I'd share this with all the people complaining about BlackBerry's customer support. After about two weeks of owning my white Z30, I dropped it (multiple times) and caused sever damage to the phone. The screen was cracked all over, the sides of the phone were all dented, the silver chin was chipped all over and the power button had become very lose and not responsive at times.

I understood that this was completely my fault, but I figured BlackBerry probably had some kind of paid repair service I could use.

So I called.

After being on the phone for no more that half and hour, I was finally transferred to someone who could properly help me. He said that since my phone was still under warranty I could send in my phone for repair (which they would only do based on the extent of the damage), and that I would be charged due to the fact that I caused the damage.

I sent in my Z30 and waited for a reply. I waited four days, and was ready to call to ask what had happened when to my surprise a package came in. I hadn't even known the approved the repair of my phone yet.

Little did I know BlackBerry shipped me a BRAND NEW WHITE Z30 free of charge (and free over night shipping all the way from Canada!)

If that's not the way to keep a customer happy I don't know what is.

I also what to say this isn't the first time I have had experience talking to BlackBerry's customer service either. Every time they have helped me get what I need done.

thanks bb!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 07-12-14 at 09:47 AM.
    07-12-14 06:06 AM
    That is some positive news! Did you have to give them your credit card number or anything?

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    07-12-14 06:10 AM
    Congrats
    Awesome respond from BlackBerry to retain a customer even if they don't need to do it. Lol.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-12-14 06:15 AM
    Awesome story i had the same experience and wrote about it here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=944337

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by habs_fan; 07-12-14 at 06:53 AM.
    07-12-14 06:28 AM
    07-12-14 06:37 AM
    Hands down to BlackBerry and their excellent customer service.

10.3.0.296 on ZedOneZero
    07-12-14 06:50 AM
    I had similar experience when I bought my playbook. It was shipped from Canada to England. No question asked.

Thumps up blackberry

Posted Via CB10 Using Z10 Running OS 10.3.0.442
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-12-14 07:06 AM
    I've always had great dealings with BlackBerry customer service with my Playbooks. Never had any trouble with any of my BlackBerry phones but they all go through the same customer service

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 07:11 AM
    Great story! I had similarly good experiences with them when my PlayBook camera stopped working a couple of years ago. It lead me to buy another one for my wife.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    07-12-14 07:51 AM
    If you don't mind can you please post the number you called?

Thanks,
    Root
    07-12-14 09:14 AM
    That is some positive news! Did you have to give them your credit card number or anything?

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    They didn't ask for any card info but they had all my information from the order I made a couple weeks prior to the exchange.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:44 AM
    If you don't mind can you please post the number you called?

Thanks,
    Root
    I'm not home right now but I can post it later today. I called tech support originally but was transferred to a different department, which I don't have the number for

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 09:46 AM
    You said "all the way from Canada". What country are you located? Also, did you buy it directly from shop BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    07-12-14 10:33 AM
    My family paid 350 to have a week old Z30 replaced a month or so ago, wish I had known about this prior - we also paid for Bell's next to useless warranty. *sigh*
    07-12-14 11:03 AM
    You said "all the way from Canada". What country are you located? Also, did you buy it directly from shop BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    From Cambridge, Ontario to Brooklyn NY priority shipping

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:47 PM
    May I recommend a nice, white, Otterbox Defender for your new Z30? lol
    07-12-14 09:38 PM
    May I recommend a nice, white, Otterbox Defender for your new Z30? lol
    Lol already ahead of you. Bought a glacier white otterbox Commuter case while I was waiting for my Z30 to come back.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:55 PM
    I also had a similar experience. I sent a letter mail to BlackBerry (as I could not find a working email address or phone number) . Within a week, I got a call from customer service who went out of their way to correct the situation . I'm a very satisfied customer and sometimes wonder if Apple or Samsung would ever go out of their to help me like BlackBerry did.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:10 PM
    Well, lucky you. I'm really glad to hear that. I feel like your experience is a unicorn though...

I had a great experience with them with my white Q10 I got from them. It was called an Advanced Exchange, I think. Where it works just like a warranty exchange through my carrier... I called in to tell them about my double typing issue, and within two days, they shipped me a brand new white Q10.. battery door and all, and I sent back my defective one, and that was that. I was beyond thrilled.

Why I had to wait 30 days to get a new Z30 from Shop BlackBerry is beyond any comprehension I am capable of. No one ever got back to me, and when they did, they told me in broken English via email that they were waiting for status updates on my Z30. It was a disaster, and I hope everyone who has problems in the future has an experience like yours and not mine.
    07-12-14 11:19 PM
    Well, lucky you. I'm really glad to hear that. I feel like your experience is a unicorn though...

I had a great experience with them with my white Q10 I got from them. It was called an Advanced Exchange, I think. Where it works just like a warranty exchange through my carrier... I called in to tell them about my double typing issue, and within two days, they shipped me a brand new white Q10.. battery door and all, and I sent back my defective one, and that was that. I was beyond thrilled.

Why I had to wait 30 days to get a new Z30 from Shop BlackBerry is beyond any comprehension I am capable of. No one ever got back to me, and when they did, they told me in broken English via email that they were waiting for status updates on my Z30. It was a disaster, and I hope everyone who has problems in the future has an experience like yours and not mine.
    Would you mind saying what had happened that made you need to send back your Z30?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:36 PM
    Would you mind saying what had happened that made you need to send back your Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Of course.

I had my Z30 for about a month, maybe 5 weeks. I plugged it in to charge overnight like I always do, and when I woke up, it was only at 50% or something... when usually it's fully charged. The thunderbolt was still displaying.. and I took a shower and thought maybe it would get better... but no, it kept depleting. I thought maybe it needed to be drained totally and then recharged.

So I drained it totally... and then it never turned on again. I tried everything. I tried to reload the OS, connect it to Link and see if it would be detected.. nothing.

So I had to call Shop BlackBerry, and there began my struggles. I had also had great experiences with the PlayBook RMA teams.. usually I'd have it repaired within a week. But not the Z30. I have no idea what took them so long. A whole month is insane. Had I not called them as it was approaching the 30 day mark and asked for a new device, who knows how long they'd be attempting to repair my Z30. I did in fact get a new one.. the PIN is different and they sent me a new battery cover too.

I'm scared because I have no idea why my Z30 died. Always used the charger that came with it, and sometimes the PlayBook charger.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-13-14 03:38 AM
    Just thought I'd share this with all the people complaining about BlackBerry's customer support. After about two weeks of owning my white Z30, I dropped it (multiple times) and caused sever damage to the phone. The screen was cracked all over, the sides of the phone were all dented, the silver chin was chipped all over and the power button had become very lose and not responsive at times.

I understood that this was completely my fault, but I figured BlackBerry probably had some kind of paid repair service I could use.

So I called.

After being on the phone for no more that half and hour, I was finally transferred to someone who could properly help me. He said that since my phone was still under warranty I could send in my phone for repair (which they would only do based on the extent of the damage), and that I would be charged due to the fact that I caused the damage.

I sent in my Z30 and waited for a reply. I waited four days, and was ready to call to ask what had happened when to my surprise a package came in. I hadn't even known the approved the repair of my phone yet.

Little did I know BlackBerry shipped me a BRAND NEW WHITE Z30 free of charge (and free over night shipping all the way from Canada!)

If that's not the way to keep a customer happy I don't know what is.

I also what to say this isn't the first time I have had experience talking to BlackBerry's customer service either. Every time they have helped me get what I need done.

thanks bb!

Posted via CB10
    Yup I had similar experience with my playbook. Top notch customer service by any retail standard.
    07-13-14 10:00 AM
    I'm not home right now but I can post it later today. I called tech support originally but was transferred to a different department, which I don't have the number for

Posted via CB10
    If you can post the tech support phone number it will be great. It seems there's a service discrepancy between shopblackberry.com versus a techsupport department. One needs to be patience initially dealing from one department to another. Once they issue the RMA, you know you are in good hands.
    07-13-14 10:06 AM
    I expanded the title to let people know you had a positive Customer Service story, and weren't just thanking your phone.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    07-13-14 10:52 AM
    If you can post the tech support phone number it will be great. It seems there's a service discrepancy between shopblackberry.com versus a techsupport department. One needs to be patience initially dealing from one department to another. Once they issue the RMA, you know you are in good hands.
    The tech support # I called was 877-255-2377.

Sorry for posting it so late, was really busy yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    07-13-14 10:58 AM
29 12