Hi,
    i read in great depth all your tjhreads on BBY10 OS update. I still have generic vocabulory Questions:
    1) What means "Destrucive" solutions for updating 0S? What exactly is distroyed if no initial Factory OS reload is performed?
    2) What difference btw Autoloaders ( Using Mega/google or Satechi : Difference btw them in terms of destruction?) and "Blitz"?
    3) Define what BLITZ does exactly and the difference btw partial and full Blitz?How Blitz is "not desructive"?
    4)will Autoloaders destroy Data, Media, Applications, Contacts?

Many thanks for this contribution that should help Global understanding for the non expert as myself.
    12-10-17 06:44 AM
    Destructive means your apps and data will be deleted and the device will be back to factory settings.

An autoloader is destructive, so you would need to use Ultimate Backup first.

A blitz file can be loaded onto the device using Sachesi or DBBT. It is non-destructive and performs much like a normal over-the-air update.

The full blitz contains all of the update files that are needed. The update/partial blitz I made only contains the files required if you already have 10.3.3.2205 installed - thus reducing the size of the download.

The cleanest, less prone to issues, way to update is via autoloader.
    12-10-17 06:56 AM
    Very grateful Conite .
    Other complementary Questions if I may:
    1) What does DBBT stand for?
    2) when I backup some previously completed restoration file on my BB10 and only select specific Apps, will the oher apps ( non checked for restauration) be left untouched on my BB10 or would they be erased by the restoration?
    3) I recently ( End Nov 17) did on OTA OS update ( now on OS.10.3.3.2163) . Everythings works well. I was not using Skype for the last 6 monhs but while using the app , if i can get to my skype account details, I cannot make any call. Skype tells me it is related to communication problems while my BB10 is on WIFI and 4G cellular ? please advise ?
    4) I read fully the cobalt threads on Google PLay Store/service PC patcher and way to patch all Google Apps before dowload on BB10.Once on My Whasapp account with all mu previous chas, the app tells me that my phone number is no supported anymore and I cannot send message. I read the threads Nr 9 to reload the WA Android and the Whats fixer on BBW. my question is do I need a SD card ( I dont have) to do this fixer patch? Correpondingly how do you explain that my WA app doesnt work anymore ( for the last 6 monhs actually ) while WA says it should work up to 31/12.17 ?
    Thank you very much for this Xmas present in answering. Best, Rinxero.
    12-10-17 08:08 AM
    5) if i reinstall the Google Play Patcher as described above. the google play service will not function as such. What would be the Apps Manager to install or desinstall those downloaded patched google Apps ? Would i have to launch he. apk file from my download files and then send he Icon and the .apk file to the Bin to desinstall it?
    6) i read all the issues many crackberry threads have had after autoloads ( whatever ways ) or Blitz ( whatever way) to any OS.10.3 versions ( OS 10.3.3..2047 / 2163/2205 or Even with the lates OS.10.3.3.3057). Although iconoclast ,is it fair to say that amending OS thru desrtructive or non destrucive ways , damages the smarphone ? And therefore the only way is reload facory settings?

Apologies for all those questions but i couldnot find the exact answers in the previous threads that are invaluable for me ( as the use of my BB10 , hence my care). Thank 's a lot. Best
    12-10-17 08:10 AM
    Neither WhatsApp or Skype require Google Play Services.

Latest WhatsApp - www.whatsapp.com/android.

Latest Skype - http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/skype/s...-apk-download/

Nothing damages the phone. Autoloader just works better. It's like a fresh install of Windows on your desktop instead of update after update.

DBBT - Darcy's BlackBerry Tools.

Avoid BlackBerry Link at all costs. It causes a lot of problems. Use Ultimate Backup instead.

I believe WhatsApp fixer requires an SD card.
    12-10-17 09:30 AM
    Many thanks Conite !
    Could you please answer to Questions 2 and 5 , whose consequences could be dreadful if I get them wrong and Reminded underneath?:
    2) when I backup some previously completed restoration file on my BB10 and only select specific Apps, will the oher apps ( non checked for restauration) be left untouched on my BB10 or would they be erased by the restoration?
    5) if i reinstall the Google Play Patcher . the google play service will not function as such. What would be the Apps Manager to install or desinstall those downloaded patched google Apps ? Would i have to launch he. apk file from my download files and then send the Icon and the .apk file to the Bin to desinstall it?

Many thanks. Best regards
    12-10-17 08:21 PM
    Selective restore is just that, it won't delete anything else on the device.

I can't understand your second question.
    12-10-17 10:49 PM
    Thank you.
    The last question is . In my understanding google play service apps is a google apps manager ( allowing their installation and disintallation ).
    In the context of BB10 ,the PC google play Patcher and after patching , the basic dowload and .Apk execution on my BB10 enable the installation of those apps. How can i desinstall those patched Apps ? ( any google play service application equivalent for patched apps?).

12-11-17 11:46 AM
    Thank you.
    The last question is . In my understanding google play service apps is a google apps manager ( allowing their installation and disintallation ).
    In the context of BB10 ,the PC google play Patcher and after patching , the basic dowload and .Apk execution on my BB10 enable the installation of those apps. How can i desinstall those patched Apps ? ( any google play service application equivalent for patched apps?).

I still don't follow.

An Android app can be installed by tapping on its apk file, and deleted by holding down the home screen icon and hitting the x - same as any other app.

In order to obtain an Android app (apk file) you can find a number of sources, but the best one is to install Google Play Store on your device:

Cobalt's file share (download to PC and move files over to device):

https://mega.nz/#F!lIUWjSSQ!yoLoiNX3PNG3Sef1Fa_fMA

Install and login with 4.3.3.

Install and register with 2.8.

Install Play Store v6 build2.

***Stop here if all you want is Play Store

Install Play Services v11.

Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)

Install Play Games v5 (if desired).

Install whitelist 1.0.0.6.

***If an app requires Google Play Services, then:

Download app with Cobalt's Play Store (but don't install).
    Whitelist unpatched app.
    Patch app on PC with Play Services Patcher 1.6 using defaults settings.

Install patched app.

If after all that, your app still doesn't work, then it's simply not compatible with BB10.
    12-11-17 12:46 PM
    Thank you.

Google Services has nothing to do with the installation of apps. BB10 has its own install app that it calls on when you click on an apk file. Patched or not makes no difference in how that works. The Google Play Services is a framework that allows apps access to the Google services server for various functions - Maps, ads, account info, whatever they think they need.

Most of the time, you may not know if an app requires Google Play Services until you load it, start it up, and wait to see if you get that error telling you it needs it to run.

Remember, not every app does. And some apps will tell you it needs it, but will run just fine even if you click past the message and let it run anyway. You'll know if an app requires GPS. It will just close out if it requires it.

Now, while I did say that the installation of an apk is not affected by its patch status, it does affect updating patched apps. If you install Cobalt's Play Store, and it tells you there is an update, and the app already on the phone has been patched, the Store will download the apk, but the subsequent installer will fail and close back to the Play Store. That's because the installer expects the signatures in the apk to match, and they won't. The signature is changed in a patched app (that's just part of the patching process). But, because the apk was downloaded, you can take that apk, copy it to your PC, patch the updated app, copy it back to the phone, and click on it to install it. Then the installer will ask to "update" the app.
    12-11-17 02:30 PM
    Many thanks to both of you Conite and Joeldf. You wonderfully completed eachothers answers in a picture that is much clearer.
    I know need to apply your best recommandations to solve my small issues. I will now do it , with good bearingpoints in mind.
    I will surely get lost and try to find out my way on my own with your new compass. If not i will allow myself to ask for your help again.
    Very grateful. Best regards.
    12-11-17 06:28 PM
    Hello Conite,
    Getting in small difficulties. I am at this stage of the process:
    "Install Play Services v11. "I did installed , waited for 5 minutes for the app to settle and opened it. access the app with no problem then

"Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)" I did install and opened it obviously after having opened Play Services v11.
    I got to the map asking my existing google account email and password , entered those then a message says "impossible to connect. A communication problem with google servers occured. Please try later".

What should i do there as i dont think it is wise to create a new google account?
    Now if "Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)" meant open 4.4.4 first and then open" Play Services v11. ". I have done the contrary. What should i do to reverse?
    By The Way , a bit misleading as i undersood dont open 4.4.4 after having installed "Play Games v5 ". Should be worth writing in full "( but dont open it after having opened Play Services v11.)".

12-12-17 10:08 AM
    Hello Conite,
    Getting in small difficulties. I am at this stage of the process:
    "Install Play Services v11. "I did installed , waited for 5 minutes for the app to settle and opened it. access the app with no problem then

"Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)" I did install and opened it obviously after having opened Play Services v11.
    I got to the map asking my existing google account email and password , entered those then a message says "impossible to connect. A communication problem with google servers occured. Please try later".

What should i do there as i dont think it is wise to create a new google account?
    Now if "Install 4.4.4 (but don't open after)" meant open 4.4.4 first and then open" Play Services v11. ". I have done the contrary. What should i do to reverse?
    By The Way , a bit misleading as i undersood dont open 4.4.4 after having installed "Play Games v5 ". Should be worth writing in full "( but dont open it after having opened Play Services v11.)".

Just follow the instructions exactly. You don't have to think. Install 4.4.4 and don't open means install 4.4.4 and don't open 4.4.4 after installing.
    12-12-17 05:29 PM