Does anyone know of any tempered glass screen protectors available for the Z30?
    I am not normally a screen protector kind of guy, but ever since getting one on my Note 3 I'm a convert. Didn't think there would be any issues finding one, but it seems it's rather unicorn-like for this phone...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 02:00 PM
    Does anyone know of any tempered glass screen protectors available for the Z30?
    I am not normally a screen protector kind of guy, but ever since getting one on my Note 3 I'm a convert. Didn't think there would be any issues finding one, but it seems it's rather unicorn-like for this phone...

Posted via CB10
    Yes i have never seen one , or needed one but if you find one let me know
    shiftymagoo likes this.
    03-15-14 03:22 PM
    I'd highly recommend Clarivue products:

Blackberry Z30 Tempered Glass Screen Protector - XT-Glass | Clarivue

Unfortunately it's "coming soon" but there's a waiting list sign-up at least. IIRC they do free shipping too.
    anon721037 and SaraVibes like this.
    03-15-14 03:38 PM
    Anyone have a promotional code for one for the Q10? Doesn't hurt to ask

Q10 with Telus on 10.2.1.2141
    03-15-14 04:13 PM
    I'd highly recommend Clarivue products:

Blackberry Z30 Tempered Glass Screen Protector - XT-Glass | Clarivue

Unfortunately it's "coming soon" but there's a waiting list sign-up at least. IIRC they do free shipping too.
    Yeah, I saw this in my search. Seems like the only potential option. Hopefully it's something that will be released soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 04:30 PM
    this seems to have disappeared....

i'm still looking for a glass screen protector for the z30!
    04-16-14 08:50 AM
    anyone can help with this?
    04-19-14 03:06 AM
    I know it isn't a glass screen protector but I recommend taking a look at Ghost Armor. It is by far the most glass like screen protector I have used to date, and I have tried a number of them.

I was really surprised how glass like it feels, and fingernail marks in it are completely gone in hours unlike the claims of other "self healing" screen protectors (I'm looking at you Zagg and Skinomi).

Sorry I can't help with an actual glass protector.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Pdinos3 and steakman911 like this.
    04-19-14 08:43 PM
    I know it isn't a glass screen protector but I recommend taking a look at Ghost Armor. It is by far the most glass like screen protector I have used to date, and I have tried a number of them.

I was really surprised how glass like it feels, and fingernail marks in it are completely gone in hours unlike the claims of other "self healing" screen protectors (I'm looking at you Zagg and Skinomi).

Ghost Armor is great. It goes on every device in our hopusehold the day of purchase. The one for the Z30 is exceptionally well fitted to the device.
    HotFix likes this.
    04-19-14 09:19 PM

I swear by it. The best around. And I get the ladies at the kiosk to apply it just so I don't screw it up.

Via CB10 Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    04-19-14 09:36 PM
    I swear by it. The best around. And I get the ladies at the kiosk to apply it just so I don't screw it up.

When I was in Seattle recently for training, I went to the local mall to get the Ghost Armor folks to apply a protector on my phone since they had 2 kiosks in the store.
    The guy at one of the kiosks seemed shocked I had a BlackBerry, let alone a Z30. He made a big production out of calling the other kiosk to see if they had a protector for the Z30, like I was asking for a copy of Windows 95...
    In the end he offered to custom make one, no thanks...,or I could order one and bring it back to him. Once I explained I was from the other Washington (DC) and that wasn't possible, he lost interest in me (probably because I seemed annoyed).

I was really disappointed as I made a special out of the way trip in my rental car to get a Ghost Armor protector put on my phone since we don't have their stores/kiosks on the east coast.

I ordered one and put it on myself. I didn't do a 100% perfect job, but it's a huge improvement over the Skinomi screen protector that looked like an old person's wrinkled skin after just 1 week.

Pdinos3 likes this.
    04-20-14 09:08 AM
    The day I got my Z30, I didn't want to touch the screen until I got a screen protector so I went directly from Telus to the mall where I usually go to get my ghost armor done. This was October and the z30 didn't have an official one available yet from ghost armor. The girl made a custom one from a galaxy that covered everything except for the camera, sensor and earpiece. Said that as soon as the official was made available, replacement would be free. So I kept checking the Web site until I saw "z30" then called them make sure it was available at the kiosk. Waited a couple of more weeks and finally had the official one. The chin is covered with a custom cut clear piece. So my screen has never had a finger touch the glass

04-20-14 09:46 AM
    you can try Otterbox Defender case.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=G7JWsEwj

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    04-20-14 10:04 AM
    you can try Otterbox Defender case.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=fQUH5zsi

Posted via CB10
    The first thing I did when I got my Otterbox Defender case was to pull out their flimsy plastic "integrated screen protector". It did not hug the screen at all and so you were literally pushing a piece of plastic down on to your glass, which was a horrible experience and made the case seem cheap.

ultra07 and JORENO like this.
    04-20-14 10:11 AM
    How much is the ghost armor if purchased at Canadian kiosk? Screen only and full body

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 12:14 PM
    The first thing I did when I got my Otterbox Defender case was to pull out their flimsy plastic "integrated screen protector". It did not hug the screen at all and so you were literally pushing a piece of plastic down on to your glass, which was a horrible experience and made the case seem cheap.

That was the EXACT Problem I had with mine!! It was so annoying not having the plastic not flush with the screen. Ended up popping the plastic out, the rest of it is still a great case

Posted via CB10
    HotFix and steakman911 like this.
    04-20-14 01:17 PM

That's exactly how I feel! I've been thinking about cutting it out and getting a screen protector put on in its place. Is there a gap after removing the screen protector between the phone and the top half of the case? It looks like there would be and I'm worried the phone wouldn't sit properly. How's your experience now without it?
    HotFix likes this.
    04-20-14 02:11 PM
    That's exactly how I feel! I've been thinking about cutting it out and getting a screen protector put on in its place. Is there a gap after removing the screen protector between the phone and the top half of the case? It looks like there would be and I'm worried the phone wouldn't sit properly. How's your experience now without it?
    You don't have to cut out the factory "screen protector". It's literally glued into the front piece and you can push it out easily.

There is not really a gap where the screen protector used to be because I put a Ghost Armor on mine which I guess fills up any gap that might have been there.

Do yourself a favor, get a Ghost Armor screen protector for your Z30 (god I feel like a GA salesman now), and after you apply it push and peel out your Otterbox "screen protector".

04-20-14 02:56 PM
    You don't have to cut out the factory "screen protector". It's literally glued into the front piece and you can push it out easily.

There is not really a gap where the screen protector used to be because I put a Ghost Armor on mine which I guess fills up any gap that might have been there.

Do yourself a favor, get a Ghost Armor screen protector for your Z30 (god I feel like a GA salesman now), and after you apply it push and peel out your Otterbox "screen protector".

All good until... "Be careful and avoid getting solution inside your device�s ports and speakers."
    How do you avoid speaker especially the mic on the bottom portion of Z30 which is a part of the screen.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-20-14 04:58 PM
    All good until... "Be careful and avoid getting solution inside your device’s ports and speakers."
    How do you avoid speaker especially the mic on the bottom portion of Z30 which is a part of the screen.

You don't. You just suck it up as a disclaimer preventing the screen protector companies from being liable for destroying your mic and speaker.

I have yet to have an issue with the mic and speakers, and I have put 6 different screen protectors on my Z10 and 2 on my Z30. I did have some weird issue once with my Z10 where it looked like water had gotten behind the LCD glass, but that cleared up in a few days (/phew).
    04-20-14 05:11 PM
    You don't. You just suck it up as a disclaimer preventing the screen protector companies from being liable for destroying your mic and speaker.

I have yet to have an issue with the mic and speakers, and I have put 6 different screen protectors on my Z10 and 2 on my Z30. I did have some weird issue once with my Z10 where it looked like water had gotten behind the LCD glass, but that cleared up in a few days (/phew).
    I really want a better, grease repellent screen protector, which I put naked screen above all with its amazing silky smooth finish and the sense of gliding it produces. Sometimes I just gently play with the naked portion right around the speaker where screen protector ends and I just feel bad having to cover this beauty with a sheet of plastic. I feel like a coward putting on a case and screen protector, and honestly it's not the money, I just would hate to see this nice device get hurt. So it's more of a care rather than financial concern.

04-20-14 11:54 PM
    Z30 has a gorilla glass or something similar. Do we really need any screen protector?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 01:38 AM
    Z30 has a gorilla glass or something similar. Do we really need any screen protector?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it has gorilla glass. Regardless even the best of those can get scratched, so I choose to use a screen protector. It's all a personal choice and I am an error on the side of caution type of guy. ;-)

04-21-14 07:15 AM
    I really want a better, grease repellent screen protector, which I put naked screen above all with its amazing silky smooth finish and the sense of gliding it produces. Sometimes I just gently play with the naked portion right around the speaker where screen protector ends and I just feel bad having to cover this beauty with a sheet of plastic. I feel like a coward putting on a case and screen protector, and honestly it's not the money, I just would hate to see this nice device get hurt. So it's more of a care rather than financial concern.

Your description of playing with your device comes across as naughty and that's just wrong. ;-)

keepit dry likes this.
    04-21-14 07:17 AM
    Your description of playing with your device comes across as naughty and that's just wrong. ;-)

What do you mean..
    ...gently strokes the exposed screen around the speaker
    HotFix and DesRee like this.
    04-21-14 10:00 AM
167 123 ...