I want to buy a new phone but couldnt choose one between Z30 or iPhone 5s. I never had a 5s but used 5c for 2 Weeks. It was great. The thing I liked with 5c that I used is,it starts heating after 2.5 hours of playing Asphalt 8. I've had a Z30 STA 2 (full coverages of carrier) for two months and I think that the Z30 is the best smartphone ever, except the only one problem : Overheating. I was following the temp of battery with B. A. S. A. (battery and system analyzer) on the BB AppWorld and the phone was getting to 44-45 C� in 24-25C� local temp in 10-15 mins 3g internet usage or playing low graphics games. That why i sold it. I tried to wipe a few times , and tried reinstalling the os, i installed even 3 diffrent oses and the problem has not been solved. Here i need your info about your Z30's temp. I want to buy a new Z30 but i am afraid of a heating Z30.The only reason i want to buy an iphone 5s is temp. I hope the 5s will not heat like Z30 also it has a metal design. Please Give me advises about heats of your phones and in how usage Z30 and iphone 5s owners !
    07-05-14 04:12 AM
    Play games on any phone for a period of time and it's going to get hot no way to vent. If your worried about the phone messing up from over heating don't. If ever it got to a critical point it will shut it self off to prevent any damage. But you won't get it that hot from playing games. So pick what phone you like best they will both get warm

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:51 AM
    The z30's battery, speaker , signal and keyboard is unmatched and the hub is phenomenal. , and with 10.3, it's gonna get much better! The iPhone is a good choice for the apps and if.you want a smaller screen hut it is not a s productive and besides z30 runs android apps, I say go.for the z30

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 07:11 AM
    I agree with Carter17. Any phone will heat up playing games. One point to note is that the Z30 has a bigger battery and will outlast the IPhone. But, the decision is your's. Get what makes you happy. There's no way I could go to an IPhone after having the Z30. This phone is a beast lol. That is just my opinion though. Do what's right for you.

Rocking a Z30 on Verizon
    07-05-14 09:51 AM
    Play games on any phone for a period of time and it's going to get hot no way to vent. If your worried about the phone messing up from over heating don't. If ever it got to a critical point it will shut it self off to prevent any damage. But you won't get it that hot from playing games. So pick what phone you like best they will both get warm

Posted via CB10
    Yes i see. But as i said, i used iphone 5c it started to heating after 2.5hours gameplay. But Z30 gets hot in 15 mins. Thats my complain. And i wonder if your Z30s are the same ?
    07-05-14 10:00 AM
    Yes i see. But as i said, i used iphone 5c it started to heating after 2.5hours gameplay. But Z30 gets hot in 15 mins. Thats my complain. And i wonder if your Z30s are the same ?
    Did you actually check the temp on the iPhone? Because you may not feel the heat since it's a plastic case.

40-42C is about the upper level I hit while charging sometimes.

You will not damage your Z30 if it gets hot while gaming or charging. It will shut off if it's too hot. Also if it charging and overheats, it will slow down the charging rate.

iPhones have a lower thermal limit than BlackBerry phones. Have you ever seen the "iPhone has overheated please wait" message on them?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:26 AM
    Did you actually check the temp on the iPhone? Because you may not feel the heat since it's a plastic case.

40-42C is about the upper level I hit while charging sometimes.

You will not damage your Z30 if it gets hot while gaming or charging. It will shut off if it's too hot. Also if it charging and overheats, it will slow down the charging rate.

iPhones have a lower thermal limit than BlackBerry phones. Have you ever seen the "iPhone has overheated please wait" message on them?

Posted via CB10
    Nope. I havent seen that. My complain is not being afraid of any heat damage. My point is i dont want my phone to feel warm in my hands.
    07-05-14 11:19 AM
    I work in a Restaurant, so I can get you a pair of heat gloves if you want?! Lol! ...all jokes aside, it's a phone dude, not a gaming system. it provides games for short term entertainment, so it's bound to overheat regardless after a period of time. I know you're looking for it not to heat up to fast but just get a handheld gaming device...better yet, there's a smartphone compatible gaming controller with a dock made especially for consumers such as yourself and it works for the Z30. Read an article James Richardson wrote about it. Try and look it up and get a Z30!!!

#poweredbyblackberry Z30
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-05-14 11:33 AM
    Nope. I havent seen that. My complain is not being afraid of any heat damage. My point is i dont want my phone to feel warm in my hands.
    Haha really? You better get an iPhone 3g. Even those got a little warm. Your better off getting a gel case for your phone so you don't feel the heat. Computers and cell phones contain micro processor that give off heat. Ever use a laptop that didn't get warm under heavy use? Maybe you could develop the world's first processor that doesn't heat up (or strap a fan to the back of your phone). Sorry but your request is a little silly due to physical and technological constraints.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    07-05-14 11:42 AM
    I'll tell you what just for you when I get home I'm going to download real racing 3 and force myself to play for 15 minutes. Can't stand playing games on such a tiny screen. But to help you with your question I'll do it I'll will post the results later this afternoon

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:34 PM
    Well I have raced 4 races. prior to that downloaded the game with the screen on the whole time about 10 minutes. My Z30 is not even warm so I'm going to assume that your's (Z30) had some issues. Or your overly sensitive to heat. Point is the Z30 is a better phone then the iPhone. If you used the two side by side you will reach for the Z30 when needing to get something done.

Posted via CB10
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-05-14 05:48 PM