04-16-14 04:03 PM
93 1234
tools
    Just another useless troll article. It's all based on the z10 when it first came out. Also don't see why everyone gets horny for boot times. If it takes 50 seconds who cares, once it's on who powers off their phones?

Case and point "handset feels more useable than the Z1"

Great writer there, doesn't even know the actual models.
    Of course, if they are negative they are against Blackberry or trolls, if they are positive they are telling the truth. way to go!
    richardat likes this.
    10-07-13 03:05 PM
    It's not really a troll article.

Apparently the Z30 he got for testing was buggy.. and he likes apps, and BlackBerry World doesn't have what he was looking for.

I'm okay with this because I know my Z30 will have a leak put on the day I get it, and I don't use many apps on my BlackBerry.

I haven't been buying BlackBerrys for the apps... I buy them for the typing and messaging and phone calls.
    Then buy a dummy phone and you will save $700..the reason for a smartphone is to run apps
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    10-07-13 03:07 PM
    And mine has NEVER had a rebooting problem since I got it in Feb. So should I say those with rebooting issues have their heads in the sand? Can you qualitatively and quantitatively say which of the phones, ones with rebooting or ones without issues, are more prevalent.
    People are just jumping to hasty unsubstantiated conclusions.

Yep, my Z10 still randomly reboots. No matter if it is on official software or the newest leak.

Some people just live with their heads in the sand.
    10-07-13 03:08 PM
    Yep, my Z10 still randomly reboots. No matter if it is on official software or the newest leak.

Some people just live with their heads in the sand.
    Since update i had one reboot (Verizon)

Posted via Harry
    10-07-13 03:09 PM
    In the last 5 weeks that I've had my Z10, it has rebooted about 10 times and probably has lost sound to videos a couple of times. Hopefully, the new 10.2 update will fix these issues. It is not a big deal either way, but is something that needs to be fixed .

Posted via CB10
    You just have defective Z10. The logical thing to do is take it in for repair. You must have 1yr warranty.
    10-07-13 03:11 PM
    I thought that I might point him in the right direction for some assistance with his Z...

Tell me the TRUTH Z30 Owners!!! Respond Forbes review-forbes-comment-2.jpg
    Vithulan L Nathan and mset like this.
    10-07-13 03:37 PM
    Tell me the Truth Z30 owners. Forbes review is stating that the Z30 crashes a lot and restarts randomly.
    Also that the boot time on the phone is ridiculously long. Is this true or a Troll trying to discredit the Z30

BlackBerry Z30 Review: High-End Hardware But Software Issues Remain - Forbes
    FYI, the URL links to the second page of article. I ended up reading the second page first and then went back and read first page. No big deal, just thought I'd point this out.
    10-07-13 03:37 PM
    I'm inclined to think but don't know for sure that the reboot issue could be related to certain apps. The sound missing on videos, ?, pulling the battery fixes that one.
    Posted via CB10
    yeah yeah, what else?
    10-07-13 10:56 PM
    Using Z30 for a while now, is much better than Z10. I wish it had 32GB storage, 16GB is not enough for games and apps. I have to delete the games I finished and download others.

EDIT: No resets though. Power button is very sensible, if tight in pocket then might turn off. You need to turn it on then again, I thought it was an error but figured it out later.
    10-08-13 03:03 AM
    I don't think it is a massive surprise that a Blackberry device has issues at launch. Whether it is buggy software or poor manufacturing quality does not matter. Another good reason to wait a few months after launch to buy one, along with the hefty price drops.
    h20work likes this.
    10-08-13 03:21 AM
    And mine has NEVER had a rebooting problem since I got it in Feb. So should I say those with rebooting issues have their heads in the sand? Can you qualitatively and quantitatively say which of the phones, ones with rebooting or ones without issues, are more prevalent.
    People are just jumping to hasty unsubstantiated conclusions.
    How would those with rebooting issues have their heads in the sands? We recognize that most people are NOT having the reboots. The only people claiming the devices don't reboot are the ones that haven't had it happen, and they make it sound like NO ONE is having it happen or that it is even possible.

BlackBerry and carriers (I have Verizon, and they knew about it) even acknowledged the problem and people on this foums still said it can't be possible.

That is why they have their heads in the sand. Because if it isn't happening to them, it can't happen to anyone, get it?

I have the STL100-4.
    paulo_mealha likes this.
    10-08-13 07:25 AM
    I haven't had any issues with boot times or random reboots/crashes/gremlins etc.
    All-around it's been very solid, the OS no different really than running the 'stable' 10.2 leaks on a Z10.

Posted via CB10 on my rockin' Z30
    hf199 likes this.
    10-08-13 07:30 AM
    How would those with rebooting issues have their heads in the sands? We recognize that most people are NOT having the reboots. The only people claiming the devices don't reboot are the ones that haven't had it happen, and they make it sound like NO ONE is having it happen or that it is even possible.

BlackBerry and carriers (I have Verizon, and they knew about it) even acknowledged the problem and people on this foums still said it can't be possible.

That is why they have their heads in the sand. Because if it isn't happening to them, it can't happen to anyone, get it?

I have the STL100-4.
    And there are those who do have a reboot issue but make it seem that EVERYONE is having it happen. It's a sad two way street.
    KemKev likes this.
    10-08-13 08:21 AM
    And there are those who do have a reboot issue but make it seem that EVERYONE is having it happen. It's a sad two way street.
    I don't remember anyone trying to make it seem like everyone had the issue ( I didn't read all the complaint, so it very well could have happened). What I remember happening most was people making claims about it happening, then an overwhelming amount of people making it sound like they were lying.

If anything it should be treated like everyone has the issue. It would help get the problem solved faster. Those that don't have the issue might not be able to grasp how annoying it is. Try being on an important phone call and your phone reboots, then you have to wait a few min for your devices to restart/ hub to load if you need info from it. It is not pleasant to have this happen multiple times a day. You would think the entire community would want to get to the bottom of this, instead people are called liars and told that the situation can't be that bad.
    10-08-13 08:31 AM
    I can't take a reviewer seriously who reduces the flow experience to a time comparison between hitting a home button and a swipe up from the bottom. It appears to me the guy never actually learned how to use the z30.
    10-08-13 09:14 AM
    Boot time on my device is shorter than my Z10. In the several months that I've had the device it's crashed maybe 3 times, but I have been on early OS versions. No problems over the last few weeks.
    D z10 or z30 reboots?...

Posted Via CB10 On The Brother Of Future Z30
    10-08-13 09:21 AM
    my wifes gs2hdlte crashes and freezes still, my 9900 crashes and freezes, my iphone crashes and freezes, my ipad crashes and freezes.

this is nothing new to the smart phone world. OS's are complex and buggy hence why they continually get upgrades.
    10-08-13 09:27 AM
    re: Random Reboots: is there any kind of forensic data on which devices were randomly rebooting and why?

Clearly there would be some physical difference between the -2, -3, and -4 variants of the devices, and if a bit of code wasn't properly "neutral" it would possibly cause one of the variants to reboot under certain conditions. For example only: I mean, was it mostly the -4 variant of the Z10 running a specific build that was rebooting?
    10-08-13 09:29 AM
    my gf's optimus G reboots randomly too. after doing an internet search and re-seating the sim, the problem is solved.
    10-08-13 12:17 PM
    I don't think it is a massive surprise that a Blackberry device has issues at launch. Whether it is buggy software or poor manufacturing quality does not matter. Another good reason to wait a few months after launch to buy one, along with the hefty price drops.
    That's exactly what I did with the Z10. Want to be an early adopter? Well, you need early adopter mindset to begin with, that is, be mentally prepared to overpay and to deal with launch bugs/annoyances. This applies to any electronic devices, not just BlackBerry.
    jay_men and Pilchard like this.
    10-08-13 12:28 PM
    Then buy a dummy phone and you will save $700..the reason for a smartphone is to run apps
    I disagree. Many buy a smartphone to increase mobile productivity: scheduling, written communication (texts, emails), and actually talking on the phone and looking up information via the internet. Though these are technically apps, they are not apps they way many think of apps since they are baked into the phone before shipping. I am socially connected through facetime and through Twitter, but don't really have to be. I could do that just about as easily by going through the phone's browser as through the apps.

Apps can be icing on the cake, but the productivity improvement is why I have a smartphone and why the Z10 meets my needs quite well.
    10-08-13 01:01 PM
    Actually the review wasn't bad at all. He just didn't want to give the Z30 a perfect score. He had some positive tit-bits like the case cover that has a magnet that turns on the phone when opened, plus he said the Z30 felt better than the Z1 (IMO, I believe the writer was referring to Sony Xperia.... "The weight gives it some heft and presence (much as it does on the Sony Xperia Z1, which also comes in at 170g), and it feels good in the hand").
    Wow, you did a lot of mental editing to that statement.

I'm not sure how you read "it feels better than the Z1" from "it weighs the same as the Z1."

Lost in translation?

I noticed the poor default font they used in BB10 from the beginning. Not sure why they haven't come up with a better once since. The current font does give the OS a dated look, as does the way the user controls are designed.
    10-08-13 01:18 PM
    And, in spite of the many reports of Z10s rebooting when they first kept out, there are still Reboot Deniers here.
    Because it doesn't happen to you doesn't mean it isn't happening to others.
    Sounds kinda like the Android Lag Denying, huh?
    10-08-13 01:20 PM
    I thought that I might point him in the right direction for some assistance with his Z...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	forbes comment 2.jpg 
Views:	799 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	208641
    Telling someone to load a Leaked OS on a review unit to resolve issues is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Just shows how out of touch the community here is with the mainstream consumer, generally speaking.

Thanks for the laugh, though.
    tack likes this.
    10-08-13 01:28 PM
    Sounds kinda like the Android Lag Denying, huh?
    No, it's actually more like the people who say that Android lags because they tried a super cheap Android phone in 2010/11, and yell it here as if everyone should have an equivalent experience. Others just lie about it because they think that reputation is still set in stone and they don't know the difference between a stutter or high UI latency and lag.

"My S3 Lags, I guess you're the only person who bought an S3 that doesn't lag."
    "My Z10 never reboots, so it cannot be an issue with the device."

Also reminds me of the issues we had with the Bold 9780 with the faulty keyboards, where people were all over Facebook, BB's forums, and CB complaining about their keyboards typing double letters or ". " when they tried to space and people said "don't have an issue with mine, guess you just got a lemon." It was a massive production issue for those phones :-)

Nothing changes here :-) That's what keeps it fun!!!

EDIT: Battery Pull is back and kicking?!
    10-08-13 01:34 PM
93 1234