So i finally got really excited a few weeks ago when TD Bank (US) announced "Mobile Banking." This basically means that now instead of the weekly drive to the bank, you could just snap a front and back photo of your check and deposit right into your account...There's no official app for the blackberry, but the side load loads up just fine until you try and deposit a check...For whatever reason my Z30 just wont focus on the check and it makes it impossible to use this feature...I'v tested it with a Samsung S4 and upon clicking the photo, you can see it focuses in and takes a clear shot...For whatever reason the Z30 just won't focus and always takes blurry photos. I think if i remember correctly, i was even able to take clearer pictures with my Z10 to make the deposit...Anyone else having these issues? What do you guys think? Is it the app, or is it the Z30, or the fact that it's a side load?
    11-28-13 02:02 PM
    Have you tried focusing on different parts of the cheque? Like focus on something like the TD logo on the cheque, rather than the handwriting on it? You can focus on different sections of your subject by dragging the crosshairs (square thing in the centre of the pic usually) to the point you want in focus ...

*shrug* worth a shot..

So i finally got really excited a few weeks ago when TD Bank (US) announced "Mobile Banking." This basically means that now instead of the weekly drive to the bank, you could just snap a front and back photo of your check and deposit right into your account...There's no official app for the blackberry, but the side load loads up just fine until you try and deposit a check...For whatever reason my Z30 just wont focus on the check and it makes it impossible to use this feature...I'v tested it with a Samsung S4 and upon clicking the photo, you can see it focuses in and takes a clear shot...For whatever reason the Z30 just won't focus and always takes blurry photos. I think if i remember correctly, i was even able to take clearer pictures with my Z10 to make the deposit...Anyone else having these issues? What do you guys think? Is it the app, or is it the Z30, or the fact that it's a side load?
    11-28-13 02:24 PM
    I also noticed a focusing issue with certain apps, I can take a picture of a document within the camera and focuses fine.
    But the other day I was trying to scan a bar code with in bar code scanner app and the camera just would not focus, it was too blurry to read the bar code

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 03:15 PM
    It's not actually a TD check, just a company check. If I go really up close to the check, it's super clear. The problem is, in order to make a deposit, you need to get a shot of the whole check and that requires backing up a bit. That's where it loses focus. I'm convinced at this point that the issue is occurring due to the fact that's not an official app and just a side load. Used my buddy's iPhone today to make the deposit with the official app and it worked flawlessly...I wish all these banks would just make official apps for BB10, it's really frustrating.
    11-28-13 05:46 PM
    Just wondering did you try to capture a picture of the check outside of the APP.
    Just using the native camera function.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 08:08 PM
    Just wondering did you try to capture a picture of the check outside of the APP.
    Just using the native camera function.

Posted via CB10
    This would be a good test as my understanding is that some Android ports have camera focusing issues.
    11-28-13 08:15 PM
    Yup, just did it and it worked fine...Camera focused and took an excellent photo...Damn, so are we concluding that it's the side load app that's causing these issues? Which basically means i wont be able to to do mobile banking from my phone till an official app or fix is released
    11-29-13 11:43 AM
    Yup, just did it and it worked fine...Camera focused and took an excellent photo...Damn, so are we concluding that it's the side load app that's causing these issues? Which basically means i wont be able to to do mobile banking from my phone till an official app or fix is released
    Not sideloads per say but Android apps indeed. I have seen mentions of this in the developer forums with camera focusing issues when running on BBRY phones.

Maybe BBRY will improve native camera access to Android ports.
    11-29-13 10:24 PM