Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Well I have had Sprint for 16 years now and my Q10 is with Sprint and it is up November 1 and I want to move my number from that to my Z30. I'm so tired of carrying 3 damn phones around during the week.

I have a AT&T sim in my Verizon phone and the service has been great verses Sprint reception! I can go with Verizon for $60.00 with 2 gig of data or AT&T same plan for $65.00 and with both no contracts.

Are the Verizon customers happy with the coverage? Are the AT&T customers happy with the coverage?

Im leaning towards Verizon but affraid they might not push out the 10.3 here soon.

Any input on Verizon would be helpful. I Travel, Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma and then back to Wisconsin from Texas so all those other states inbetween.

I travel a lot from San Antonio to Abilene and looking at Verizon's map there is a lot of NO SERVICE AREA and on AT&T i get service on that area that Verizon says there is ZIP NADA

Also, my Q10 will be going up for sale after I am thinking (Sprint Phone)!
    Last edited by texn884; 09-27-14 at 03:05 PM.
    09-27-14 02:54 PM
    I have had VZW service for almost 32 years. Am I happy with the coverage? I travel East coast.

Also, it depends on where you use your phone. Check the coverage maps. If you think ATT will be better then you"ll have to go with them. No matter what the cost. What good is it to pay for coverage if you can't get it?
    09-27-14 03:25 PM
    I switched to VZ from AT&T about 18 months ago. I live in the NYC metro area and go to TX a lot for work (Houston, Dallas, Austin). At home and on the road AT&T coverage was a lot better for me. I've been pretty disappointed in VZ data speeds. There's also a ton of "hunting" for signal on my Z30 which hurts battery life.

Another consideration is CDMA vs GSM going forward. As you can tell by the disappointed VZ customers who want a Passport, you can't get one to work on VZ (whereas you can use a VZ Z30 on AT&T). In other words, much more flexibility with a GSM carrier even if they don't carry the phone you want.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:31 PM
    I can tell you that att claims service when they really don't have it. If you compare maps, or at least when I do, the att one has a lot more holes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:36 PM
    I live on the west coast and over the years have had both AT&T and Verizon. Verizon is known for really good coverage but in my travels I found this to be true most of the time but not all the time. So what I mean is you should probably test drive both just to see which works out better for you. For where I live and work Verizon work best for me now. So it all depends on your specific needs.

Ruling The Air with my ZED30, 10.3, and Big Red! Simply the Exception.
    09-27-14 04:57 PM
    I guess there is a huge hole that shows no service on VZ and I know AT&T has that area covered from my travels but with not being under contract I guess I could try VZ and see what it does in the HOLE
    09-27-14 05:47 PM
    Vzw hands down has the best coverage out west.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:35 PM
    In rural N.CA and in the Mountains I find Verizon works better for me than many AT&T users I know although there are still some holes in the mountains and on one part of our ranch in the valley. I regularly visit the NE are of OK (Tulsa vicinity) and I have great coverage there too.

My bitchin' Z30 BlackBerry
    09-27-14 09:07 PM
    Around here at least the Z30 doesn't have the correct band for LTE on ATT. So if LTE is important that is a strike against ATT with the z30 at least. Q10 and Z10 are fine.
    09-27-14 09:14 PM
    Verizon is the best for the Z30 because it's the only one that's National and the only Z30 that can charge cordless!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 06:34 AM
    I can pick up LTE with AT&T but in some of the stupidest places, in the middle of no where, along the freeways in spots go figure.

I guess Ill try Verizon and I will still have the AT&T on my work Iphone 4s so I could still take the sim card out of that like I have been doing and put it in if not getting reception or signal.
    09-28-14 09:14 AM