So I went by an AT&T store today and asked if they had any BlackBerrys...just for fun. I was told by the salesperson that BlackBerry had gone out of business. I was amazed and told the ***** that that couldn't be further from the truth. In fact, things seemed to be turning around for the company. I then showed her my Z30. She seemed confused and I walked out. All I can say at this point is that I hope this type of ignorance isn't too pervasive, but it's probably more common than not. Oh well...

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:08 AM
    Yes.. it's pretty common at most AT&T stores, unfortunately.
    But, the phone reps are starting to catch up!

Keep in mind that you are talking to reps that get paid very little and have to know about several 100 devices.
    And they only know what corporate tells them.

Give the sales people some slack. Go hit the back 9 and corner a CEO.if you want immediate results. ( which probably won't go in your favor)

BlackBerry has a ways to go to get back on top. And they will achieve that goal!!
    06-20-14 04:36 AM
    It's true, reps who don't care for their job don't research to be the best at their job.

I work in retail part time, but I take the time to go beyond what the store gives me to know because I'm genuinely interested in consumer electronics.

These reps regurgitate what they hear and sell you what they have or whatever they hear is hot.

Posted via a flick of my thumb
    codeslinga likes this.
    06-20-14 06:38 AM
    Yea I wouldn't go as far as to call it a lie, but rather that the rep actually believes that. The store I worked at before my current one was like that. Didn't know s*** about anything unless they saw it in a training. Thankfully we had literally the best rep I've ever had for BlackBerry so my coworkers were never that bad

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 08:00 AM
    It happened at a Verizon store too. I went with my sister as she wanted to get rid of Droid Max and get a Z30. I went along for ha ha's and scripted to her how it would go. I told her that they didn't carry them in stores and they would tell her a bunch of lies and then attempt to show her something other than BlackBerry. I stayed with her (using my work-issued iPhone 5 in hand, with my AWESOME Z30 in my belt clip under my shirt).

The first question from the rep was "So what makes you want a BlackBerry?" He proceeded to tell her that BlackBerry had gone out of business. I stated, "That is not true." He then stated that "Well, BlackBerry sold their phone division. They aren't making phones anymore." I stated, "That's not true. They have allowed Foxcon to build their new Z3 model, which was just released in Indonesia." After I shot down a few more of his lies, he walked away. We left and ordered online.
    06-20-14 08:33 AM
    Well, if you really want to sort this, we should note region. Last time I was in my T-mo store in So. Ca and they new what was happening in the outside world just fine. So, where do they need a newspaper?
    06-20-14 09:37 AM