I contacted AT&T today (online chat) and told them I was considering leaving in a few weeks when my contract was up since they don't carry the Z30. He told me they didn't want to lose a valued customer and he would check. Here's how the conversation went:

REP: I can see here that the preorder will be posted in our website however at this moment we dont have any updates yet, Nothing to worry I know that we can have that as soon as possible.

ME: So you're saying AT&T will definitely carry this phone? No mistake about it?

REP: You can buy the Z30 with the other carrier or store out there and have it update here with us just make sure that the device is unlocked.

ME: But it won't have the LTE bands required for AT&T. I've pretty much researched that and it's a fact.

REP: I do understand that, However if you will have your contract be canceled you will also billed for early termination fee, Let me walk you through online to check the details of your contract.

ME: My contract is due to expire on the 29th or 30th of this month. It's not an issue.

REP: Oh I see, However if you will have it open to other carrier you also have contract of 2 years and we can assure you that we can only provide you the excellent service.

Wow! I don't understand how they can try to sell this BS to the public. First he says they will be getting it for preorder, then he backs off that and says you can order it unlocked from someone else and use it on AT&T. Then he has no answer for the LTE situation. Then he uses the termination fee fear factor. Finally he falls back on the fact that you'll be locked into another carrier for 2 years and how good AT&T's service is. Wow!!
    11-16-13 03:07 PM
    They suck I need a Z30!

Posted via CB10 from my Z10. Keith
    11-16-13 04:50 PM