Hello everyone,

Long story short, I want to be able to sync my contacts from my z30 to gmail (upload to gmail). However, it is not working. Contacts in Gmail are downloading fine but items in my contact list are NOT getting copied to Gmail. I need to do this from both my z30 and 9900. The 9900 is a corporate phone and I am trying to avoid carrying 2 phones around so have forwarded my email and phone calls to my z30. The only thing that is not sync'ng is contacts. I have setup a gmail CardDav account on the Z30 and it works. How do I get contacts to upload that already existed on my z30?

Thank you,
    Jason...
    11-13-13 08:35 AM
    Thank you for this post! I am seeing get the same thing and want to know.

Now on Z30
    11-13-13 09:51 AM
    What I am finding is that if I add a new contact on my z30, it gets synched up. But all the existing ones are not. Very odd.

J...
    11-13-13 10:05 AM
    What I am finding is that if I add a new contact on my z30, it gets synched up. But all the existing ones are not. Very odd.

J...
    I run GMail on my z10 with 10.2.0.1971 and my GMail contacts, email and calendar all sync up fine, strange.
    11-13-13 01:43 PM

J...
    Only emails sync with Gmail on my Z30. Contacts and calendar do not. I can't even manually add a single contact on the phone. After 13 hours on the phone with Rogers TechXperts and customer service they've determined my phone is defective, (DOA) and will be sending me a new one. Unfortunately Rogers is out of stock so they can't tell me when the new one will arrive.

If very few are having this problem they it could be defective handsets.

I certainly hope the replacement works!
    11-13-13 02:35 PM
    What I am finding through trial and error is that the contacts that I had on my z30 prior to enabling CardDav are not getting pushed to Gmail. If I create a new contact on either end it syncs fine. I need to find a way to get the original contacts up. Any suggestions?

Jason

Posted via CB10
    11-13-13 03:26 PM
    Open an Outlook account. Export contacts to there. Export them again, from outlook to Google. Try this.
    11-13-13 11:11 PM
    If the contacts were on your phone prior to adding the Gmail account they will not sync. Anything added after will sync both ways. It's always been that way. You will have to export those contacts somehow and import them directly into Gmail. Then they will sync to your device.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 06:18 PM
    Hi I'm new to Blackberry. I now have a Z30 and I added my gmail account to sync all my things.

I have lots of contacts on my gmail buy after adding account to my new BB they will not download.

Is there a way to force syncing? My Android let's me force syncing why have they omitted it in the BB?

Thanks for all the replies and answers in advance. It's all appreciated.

BBB
    11-16-13 06:31 PM
    Hi I'm new to Blackberry. I now have a Z30 and I added my gmail account to sync all my things.

I have lots of contacts on my gmail buy after adding account to my new BB they will not download.

Is there a way to force syncing? My Android let's me force syncing why have they omitted it in the BB?

Thanks for all the replies and answers in advance. It's all appreciated.

BBB
    Did you just add the account? If so, give it a bit of time. I just loaded the new leaked OS. When re-adding my Gmail account, it took about an hour for my contacts to appear. It seems like email synced first, then calendar, and contacts last. If they haven't popped up after an hour or so, leave another post here.
    11-16-13 06:48 PM
    I added the account Last Monday. It`s been 6 days... Should have synced by now no?

UPDATE!
    I checked all my contacts and NONE of them appear in the Contacts menu.
    I have Facebook, twitter, 2 Hotmail accounts, 1 Gmail, linked in, even BBM contacts won't show up there. What am I doing wrong?
    Please help... like I said I'm new to BlackBerry.
    Last edited by BadBamBam; 11-16-13 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Update info
    11-16-13 07:28 PM
    Are users who are having problems syncing with Gmail able to manually add contacts?
    11-16-13 08:30 PM
    How did you add the Gmail account. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes on a wifi network. I wipe my phone often and Gmail syncs pretty quickly. You should get all the contact under the "my comtacts" label on Gmail

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 08:37 PM
    I just tried adding a contact and the answer to that question is, No. I tried adding to gmail and then to all. didn't show up. it's like it's not recording, or displaying the contacts info after I pressed save.
    11-16-13 08:39 PM
    Sounds like a device wipe is in your future if you can't even add a contact to the phone. Not even sure how you use a device with no contacts on it......painful.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 10:50 PM
    I added the account Last Monday. It`s been 6 days... Should have synced by now no?

UPDATE!
    I checked all my contacts and NONE of them appear in the Contacts menu.
    I have Facebook, twitter, 2 Hotmail accounts, 1 Gmail, linked in, even BBM contacts won't show up there. What am I doing wrong?
    Please help... like I said I'm new to BlackBerry.
    Open your Contacts app. Swipe down from the top, and tap settings. Do you see a list of contacts list there? If so, are they all toggled off? If so, toggle them on.
    11-16-13 11:52 PM
    They are all switched on.
    11-17-13 12:11 AM
    They are all switched on.
    When you have tried adding contacts on your device manually, do they appear in the Gmail or Hotmail accounts online?
    If you compose a new email and begin entering the name of a contact from Gmail or Hotmail, do the email addresses become available?
    11-17-13 11:15 AM
    I just tried adding a contact and the answer to that question is, No. I tried adding to gmail and then to all. didn't show up. it's like it's not recording, or displaying the contacts info after I pressed save.
    I'm still having the exact same problem. To answer mad33man, I've done a wipe 3 times and still unable to enter contacts or sync with Gmail.

When you have tried adding contacts on your device manually, do they appear in the Gmail or Hotmail accounts online?
    If you compose a new email and begin entering the name of a contact from Gmail or Hotmail, do the email addresses become available?
    Contacts added on the device do not appear in my online Gmail account. Emails do sync but calendar items do not. If I compose a new email and begin entering the name of a contact from Gmail, the addresses do not become available.

Rogers has not had a single recorded incident of customers being unable to add contacts manually and sync with Gmail. At least none that they haven't been able to solve.

I've spent 14 hours on the phone with 3 different Rogers TechXperts (the guys who are supposed to know everything) with no luck. They've determined my Z30 is defective and my replacement will be shipped as soon as they have stock.
    Last edited by Senna127; 11-18-13 at 07:57 PM.
    11-18-13 07:34 PM
    Sorry to hear that none of the suggestions helped. I hope the replacement device does the trick. Please pop back here and let us know, once you have the new device. Good luck.
    11-18-13 09:18 PM
    Thanks Elessar, will do!
    11-18-13 09:23 PM
    Maybe use a contact app like in touch? Cloud storage.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:29 PM
    how are your guys' accounts set up? IMAP or activesync I hope and not POP3. POP3 only does emails.
    11-18-13 10:37 PM
    how are your guys' accounts set up? IMAP or activesync I hope and not POP3. POP3 only does emails.
    Under Settings, Accounts, Personal Email - I have "imap.gmail.com" entered under "Server Address"
    11-19-13 04:10 PM