Odd behavior from my Z30 as of late. When receiving my phone call the phone freezes up and I am unable to accept or reject calls. Really annoying. Anyone know what's up? I've tried reboots, no difference.
    Swipe To Pick Up Calls-img_20150920_140507_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 01:05 PM
    You can try reloading the OS (after a backup) or trying a slightly different OS.

Everything else works? Taps, swipes, Hub? Did you install any new apps or recall changing any settings?
    09-20-15 04:59 PM
    You can try reloading the OS (after a backup) or trying a slightly different OS.

Everything else works? Taps, swipes, Hub? Did you install any new apps or recall changing any settings?
    Everything else is functioning correctly, there are some strange occurrences but nothing that prohibits the use of the device like this. For example, stutter in text messages. When I open a text that's been going on for a while the screen jumps up and down for a bit before settling down but I digress.

I'll have to look into reloading the OS. I know there is a newer version available but Rogers has yet to offer it OTA. Is it available to download for STA-005 devices?

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 05:25 PM
    Everything else is functioning correctly, there are some strange occurrences but nothing that prohibits the use of the device like this. For example, stutter in text messages. When I open a text that's been going on for a while the screen jumps up and down for a bit before settling down but I digress.

I'll have to look into reloading the OS. I know there is a newer version available but Rogers has yet to offer it OTA. Is it available to download for STA-005 devices?

Posted via CB10
    Any released (and some non-released) versions should be available in the OS Leak subforum. You can now probably find an Autoloader (destructive - will erase all data/settings from the device) or a Blitz which can be loaded much like OTA and is non-destructive. Some folks like starting fresh whereas others don't like going through all of the setup and app downloads again. Choices!
    tufcustomer likes this.
    09-20-15 08:05 PM
    I have the latest version of BB10 OS and have had no such occurrences. As a matter of fact my Z30 works perfectly. I have done 4 updates so far. So i would say you either botched the software download, or your Z30 is starting to fail. Hope you backed up your phone. Try reloading the update. Do this overnight, and make sure your phone is plugged in and charging. In the morning reboot the phone and it should be good. I have done this every time and have had no problems. Try it you have nothing to lose (make sure you back up your phone).
    09-20-15 08:42 PM
    When this happens, press power button twice to switch off and switch on the screen. You'll be able to pick the call. It's not a fix but just a work around.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    tufcustomer likes this.
    09-20-15 09:21 PM
    I have the latest version of BB10 OS and have had no such occurrences. As a matter of fact my Z30 works perfectly. I have done 4 updates so far. So i would say you either botched the software download, or your Z30 is starting to fail. Hope you backed up your phone. Try reloading the update. Do this overnight, and make sure your phone is plugged in and charging. In the morning reboot the phone and it should be good. I have done this every time and have had no problems. Try it you have nothing to lose (make sure you back up your phone).
    I hope it's not a precursor to failure, would be a tough device to let go of completely. I've never attempted an OS update myself, always left it to the OTA's out of concern I would botch something despite being fairly tech savvy. The update itself happened a while ago, this just began occurring a short while ago. First time didn't really notice and it went away but now it's become quite regular. I'll have to look into reloading the OS as suggested if it persists. Will back up first lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:16 PM
    When this happens, press power button twice to switch off and switch on the screen. You'll be able to pick the call. It's not a fix but just a work around.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Interesting, I'll have to try it out in the morning. Might hold me down till I can get around to re installing the OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 10:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Same phenomenon observed in my phone too. Occasionally the messages fluctuates so fast that I have to close the window. But this was happening before update too. Trying to find out the root cause.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 11:49 AM
    Same phenomenon observed in my phone too. Occasionally the messages fluctuates so fast that I have to close the window. But this was happening before update too. Trying to find out the root cause.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly what happens to me sometimes too. Let me know if you come up with anything and I will too.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 01:31 PM