Now a BlackBerry is a business/communication device but I do understand where people are coming from. A BlackBerry is supposed to be solely a comm./business device but with a 5 inch screen that seems like overkill for a device marketed towards real BlackBerry users. I think if they looked at the uses of phones with 5 inch screens they would find that they are mostly used for media (movies and games). People that only want a phone for movies and games really want extremely high specs as opposed to a smaller screen or a device with a keyboard. All of us that are defending 720p screens probably don't care for a phone that large simply because we carry the phone as a phone.

This is just my opinion and thoughts.

I think that since BlackBerry did make a 5 inch phone they should have made it more competitive with an HTC one or the galaxy s 4. While keeping the z10 and q10 more moderately spec'ed since they aren't made for media as much.
    09-19-13 09:09 AM
    I work in the engineering field and for drawings, schedules, PowerPoint presentations and so on, I would live to have the Z30 for that, even though I can plug it into the smart board I'd still like that for quick reviews with my peers, so I think this unit is well targeted to business, the ease of reading an entire email without scrolling etc.

Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 09:17 AM
    I work in the engineering field and for drawings, schedules, PowerPoint presentations and so on, I would live to have the Z30 for that, even though I can plug it into the smart board I'd still like that for quick reviews with my peers, so I think this unit is well targeted to business, the ease of reading an entire email without scrolling etc.

Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    That is a valid point! And I agree with you! I just think on the grand scale that bigger screen = more media. But I can definitely see where you're coming from. And again this is just my opinion so I could be 100% wrong haha
    09-19-13 09:19 AM

Just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    Z30 supports Miracast, which allows for different resolutions on the local device - and the external device.. and supports up to 1080p streaming video - as well as still pictures and audio. I guess that if you need more hi tech - you would not use a phone to do the job anyway but have a laptop nearby - and working on larger images/drawings you would need larger screen than 5" anyway
    09-19-13 10:25 AM