JI just bought my Z30 (woot!), and I'm looking to get a micro usb pen drive to use with my Z30 via usb otg (to store movies, etc.).
    Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 06:22 PM
    Whatever works? There's no real 'suggestion' IMO to be made, everyone I put in has worked for me with my OTG cable. I even have hard drives here, that when formatted correctly, work.
    03-04-14 07:23 PM
    Sweet. That's awesome that you can use hard drives. Just wondering: how did you format them (NTSF, fat32? -- I think I've got one lying around somewhere) I've read a couple posts claiming that even hubs work; it's pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 07:44 PM
    Whatever works? There's no real 'suggestion' IMO to be made, everyone I put in has worked for me with my OTG cable. I even have hard drives here, that when formatted correctly, work.
    I'm also curious the format supported. I could research but 3AM TOO LAZY atm honestly.

I work on fat32 ntfs and OSX journaled drives.

BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    03-05-14 01:59 AM
    Use formatting FAT or FAT32 only, NTFS is not supported at this time.
    This is for any storage device or memory chip attached to the Z30 via USB or the SD slot.
    03-05-14 04:39 AM
    I don't get that error. Anytime I try to transfer a larger file, like a 1 gig movie, I get an error that says I don't have permission to transfer this file. Or sometimes it just tells me I can't write to read only. Once I turned mass storage on, I actually got through the entire 1 gig transfer before I got the permissions error. I've tried formatting to exfat, fat, and fat32. But if I send a small file like a pic or doc it works fine. Am I missing something here or can we just not transfer video files otg?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 03:17 PM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:38 PM
    Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    1 gig transfer before I got the permissions error. I've tried formatting to exfat, fat, and fat32.
    What is the file source, computer type, drive format, and OS?
    Can you type out the exact error message or post a screen shot of it?

It is odd that a FAT or FAT32 formatted SD card would give a "permissions" error, that is something found in NTFS, generally.

While I haven't moved any video files to my Z30 that are over 200~300MB, I have used it as a USB drive to move some single RAR files that were around 1.6GB each with no issues.

Just a thought; One thing I do run into a lot on Windows computers that are using default settings for Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player is that when moving large video files around, Explorer and WMP will decide to cache a thumbnail view of it and they have to process the whole file to do it, which can cause a huge file to get locked and become unmovable until it finally decides to finish mucking with it. It get much worst if the video file in question was encoded in a format or codec that WMP doesn't fully support, this can lead to a hard lock crash on the computer.
    03-24-14 07:21 PM