I was driving down the road streaming music(FLAC) over Blue tooth to my stereo and all of a sudden my phone shuts off. There was nothing I could do to revive it. Tried hitting top button, pressing up and down volume buttons, putting it on charge.... Nothing worked. After about 5 min it just started booting up on its own all of a sudden and it works fine again.
    One thing I noticed is my "allow gestures when locked" option turned on and my font size went back to factory default. Anybody have this happen to them? What do you think caused it?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Stomps01; 12-17-13 at 07:59 AM.
    12-16-13 11:42 PM
    Need more information about your phone.

Which carrier and os are you using? How old is your phone?

Proud owner of Q10, Z10 and Z30
    12-16-13 11:46 PM
    Have you tried to update the software? Could be a software issue

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    12-16-13 11:53 PM
    I guess I did forget to mention it is a Z30 and is only about a month old. I am using the newest carrier pushed update in Canada.
    12-17-13 07:57 AM
    If you goto your settings than click on 'about', it will show you which OS (operating system) you are using.

Try doing a hard reboot (hold down up an down volume) and see if your phone still has the same problems.

12-17-13 12:11 PM
    If you goto your settings than click on 'about', it will show you which OS (operating system) you are using.

Try doing a hard reboot (hold down up an down volume) and see if your phone still has the same problems.

It is 10.0.2.429

I was able to change the settings back to where they were so it is working ok now. Hasn't shut down since. I'll do the hard reboot anyway. Maybe a device wipe even.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 05:09 PM
    Which carrier are you with in Canada? I believe the latest os in Canada is 10.2 now.

Try going to system menu again (drag down from the home page) than click on system update. You should get an update for your phone.

It will drastically increase your battery life.

12-17-13 07:12 PM
    Whoops it is 10.2.0.429. I had the 0 and 2 mixed up....
    I just did a factory reset so i'll see if it happens again.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 09:58 PM
    This is interesting. First for the phone shutting off as you described. Second for the FLAC capabilites. I didn't know I could play my flac albums on the Z30

Did the device feel excessively hot at all? Wondering if the FLAC really stressed it perhaps? I wouldn't think there would be a hardware decoder for flac so maybe the CPU was doing all the decoding and overheat?
    12-18-13 07:31 AM
    OK just as I was writing a reply here and it happened again. Yes I was playing a flac music file at the same time. I thought it shut off before because the screen was black but this time I realize the phone freezes for 5 minutes not allowing you to reboot it then reboots on its own. Just before that I checked the CPU usage and it wasn't very high.
    Do you think I have a faulty phone? It can't be a corrupt OS since I did a factory reset last night. ...

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 08:10 AM
    I've faced the same issue on my new Z30 about 3 weeks back. Exactly the same circumstances, and experience. Once the phone restarted, my BlackBerry ID in the app world stopped working, and so did the BlackBerry Protect. I couldn't download or update any app.

Another issue I found was when setting up your ID on the game centre, the phone would reboot.

Did a Security Wipe, which took care of both the issues. I haven't faced this issue since then. I think you'll be fine as well.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    12-18-13 09:33 AM
    I've faced the same issue on my new Z30 about 3 weeks back. Exactly the same circumstances, and experience. Once the phone restarted, my BlackBerry ID in the app world stopped working, and so did the BlackBerry Protect. I couldn't download or update any app.

Another issue I found was when setting up your ID on the game centre, the phone would reboot.

Did a Security Wipe, which took care of both the issues. I haven't faced this issue since then. I think you'll be fine as well.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Yes but I did a factory reset last night and it happened again....

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:00 AM
    Yes but I did a factory reset last night and it happened again....

Posted via CB10
    Factory reset is not the same as security wipe.

Go to settings, scroll down and click on "Security and Privacy". Select "Security Wipe" option. It'll ask you to enter "blackberry" in a box to confirm this action. Once clicked, it'll take a few minutes to go through the process.

Make sure your phone has adequate charge left, else plug it in so that you avoid any OS corruption while wiping the phone.
    Last edited by Purvesh; 12-18-13 at 11:19 AM.
    12-18-13 11:08 AM
    Factory reset is not the same as security wipe.

Go to settings, scroll down and click on "Security and Privacy". Select "Security Wipe" option. It'll ask you to enter "blackberry" in a box to confirm this action. Once clicked, it'll take a few minutes to go through the process.

Make sure your phone has adequate charge left, else plug it in so that you avoid any OS corruption while wiping the phone.
    Interesting.... I thought they were both the same since it brought my phone back to the same state as when I bought it. It even applied the latest update. What is the difference between the two?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:31 AM
    Interesting.... I thought they were both the same since it brought my phone back to the same state as when I bought it. It even applied the latest update. What is the difference between the two?

Posted via CB10
    Wipe will remove all the apps that are installed, and will reset phone to original factory settings. It'll clean up any corruption in your OS, so essentially you'll have phone like new.

It's a bit of pain to reinstall all the apps but this process will take care of any missing links.

CB10 on Z30
    12-18-13 11:39 AM
    Wipe will remove all the apps that are installed, and will reset phone to original factory settings. It'll clean up any corruption in your OS, so essentially you'll have phone like new.

It's a bit of pain to reinstall all the apps but this process will take care of any missing links.

CB10 on Z30
    I honestly don't see the difference. A factory reset does the same thing doesn't it?

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 03:37 PM
    My Z30 died last night. Didn't even have it 3 weeks. I was streaming music, it shut off and never went back on. Just continues to blink red in a pattern. Can't reload the OS or nothing. Phone will not power on at all. Time for another Z30.

@DjBrianS | C0001F285
    12-18-13 03:48 PM
    My Z30 died last night. Didn't even have it 3 weeks. I was streaming music, it shut off and never went back on. Just continues to blink red in a pattern. Can't reload the OS or nothing. Phone will not power on at all. Time for another Z30.

@DjBrianS | C0001F285
    If not done already, connect it to power supply and see if it starts to reboot. If it does then, do a security wipe as explained in one of my comments on this thread above. It should work.
    12-18-13 08:27 PM

@DjBrianS | C0001F285
    Well maybe there is a proble m with streaming music since it crashed mine twice to the point if it being unuseable for 5 minutes and it shutting yours completely down. I'm worried that will be the next thing that happens to mine....

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 10:09 PM
    How about we also ask what car, the infotainment and it's software version and if it has direct control of the phone media player over blue tooth and not just focus on the phone itself??

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:00 AM
    How about we also ask what car, the infotainment and it's software version and if it has direct control of the phone media player over blue tooth and not just focus on the phone itself??

Posted via CB10
    The first time it was the BlackBerry Blue tooth music gateway and the second time it was playing through the rear speakers on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 07:29 AM
    It's completely shot. Will not power on. The steps to bring back a BlackBerry device will not work. Link, BlackBerry.com/updates and even a autoloader will not work. This is a case of a device malfunction.

@DjBrianS | C0001F285
    12-19-13 01:32 PM