Hi

I purchased another Z30 today and plan on putting it in storage until I need to use it.... Is there anything that I have to be aware of , in doing this ?

Ron
    02-14-17 04:00 PM
    nothing really. I would take it out and charge it once in awhile. You will figure out how often. Charge it fully, and then turn it off and put it in a cool place. Check after a few weeks and see how much battery has drained, do this until it hits between 40-50% and then charge it fully again and repeat cycle. This will make sure that the battery stays at optimal health.
    02-14-17 04:07 PM
    How long do you plan on storing it? Why do you plan on storing it instead of using it.

I'd just say to store it in a room temperature environment that's not too humid, same thing with most electronics. Power it on and charge it every so often.

I've got a bunch of phones that are not used often (some years) and about once a year or so I power them on and charge them up. Don't seem to have any issues.
    02-14-17 04:12 PM
    How long do you plan on storing it? Why do you plan on storing it instead of using it.

I am using one now and like it so much that I need a backup .
    02-14-17 06:02 PM
    I am using one now and like it so much that I need a backup .
    That makes sense! The Z30 is such a great device. I think you should be OK to keep it in a drawer and power / charge it occasionally.
    02-14-17 06:14 PM
    Hi

I purchased another Z30 today and plan on putting it in storage until I need to use it.... Is there anything that I have to be aware of , in doing this ?

Ron
    There are a couple of 'tutorials' online about whats the best thing to do. The first would be to keep it in a clean and closed environment. We don't want cobwebs and things coving the device!. Th next would be to charge the battery to 50% and turn it off. Next would be to ensure the battery is kept cool. Normally no higher than 20 degree Celsius or 68 Fahrenheit and optimal around 15 degree C. That's about it. I've also recently put my Blackberry Leap in storage. Hopefully one day i will boot it up again
    danifulger likes this.
    02-15-17 11:22 AM