Anyone know a simple way to keep private pictures from opening in thumbnail view. Anything taken recently shows up automatically in the recent view, which is default and even in the date or album views thumbs nails of each folder show the first couple pictures in each album.
    Not convenient if your opening to show a picture and something not intended happens to be in view.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    11-20-13 04:36 PM
    Noticed that myself and there should be a way, seems new in 10.2.1.1055

Anyone with help is appreciated

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1055 thank you very much!!
    11-20-13 05:51 PM
    Anyone know a simple way to keep private pictures from opening in thumbnail view. Anything taken recently shows up automatically in the recent view, which is default and even in the date or album views thumbs nails of each folder show the first couple pictures in each album.
    Not convenient if your opening to show a picture and something not intended happens to be in view.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have any "private" pictures but I too don't like they all show up under "recently viewed"

Hope for some help for my Q

Posted via CB10 - the app that doesn't exist
    11-20-13 06:09 PM
    Bury in three folders deep on the media card. All in one. Folder, three or four deep. Seems to work for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 05:58 PM
    You have to keep these photos in a zipped file and they won't show up in thumbnails. Just go through file manager and zip them in the folder wherever they are stored. You will have to delete the original and keep the zipped photos. Hope my explanation is enough lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 07:29 PM
    Well done
    Thanks for tips, going to use the. nomedia folder.
    All BlackBerry has to do is just give the option of thumbnail view or folder view, where you can create a folder of your design and lock it.
    Sounds like an APP idea

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 08:07 PM
    How do you create a .nomedia folder? My computer won't let me as it says the dot is saved for systems files.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:11 AM
    Just because I want some of my media private doesn't mean it's something bad like xxx pictures. I took some pictures of my pc screen of possible gifts for my sons birthday and he likes to play with my phone and one day noticed a picture of a video game I was planning to suprise him with. He simply touched the pictures app and it was right in front of him. Some of the media should be controlled better without going through hoops is all im saying.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 08:46 AM
    It has nothing to to with xxx pictures... well maybe a little... joking
    Seriously though it is inconvenient when trying to show anyone, employer, co-workers, family members even a stranger features of your phone and pictures that are not intended for all eyes are visible.
    As long as there is a work around, I am good with that.
    Hopefully BlackBerry will improve this with future updates.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 09:43 AM
    I did the .noshow trick and it seems to work for pictures. But you know....those special videos seem to still be referenced within the video player. Why is that?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 10:49 PM
    Didn't work for me. Got the .nomedia file loaded correctly as directed and everything still shows up on my apps

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 11:09 PM