With all the rumors, why do people still think that the a10 is a high end device. A well known cost cutting trick is a non removable battery. That's the a10 rumor. It's also 720p and dual core.

If these turn out to be true, this is a mid tier or low end phablet.

And with the z10 now $1 with contract in the USA, what kind of deal will come with the a10?

Posted via CB10
    TCD2012 likes this.
    07-21-13 10:28 PM
    Think it depends on the carrier. If this phone is to be sold by Verizon, It will meet a quick death at the hands of the Quad core running Note 2 or the Soon to be released Note 3. However if its released on some nameless carrier, it may do ok. Thing is there are no mid tier phablets they are all Kick *** so the A10 will not be comparable.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using CB forums app
    07-21-13 10:41 PM
    Dual core doesn't mean mid-tier or low end. Don't caught up in that marketing gimmick. I sincerely would love to have someone why a cell phone would need that much processing power? Other than the fact that android requires it to run smoothly or else it would be the garbage that it used to be because it's uch a heavy OS. Look how smooth BB10 works and even more so WP8. Both are just as good, and in some cases better than android and they both only have dual cores in them. Also camera pixels means nothing, it's the sensor and lense that do. So back to my original point, don't let the "spec" marketing fool you, nor ever listen to a salesman.

Posted via CB10
    web99, BB-04, toneytone and 4 others like this.
    07-21-13 11:05 PM
    Honestly the problem is that BB is facing an identity crisis as a company. They don`t know whether to send it out with quadcore since they currently have a quadcore prototype and this is due to battery life concerns(old bb valued battery life) but they also know that a lot of consumers demand those specs. I`m thinking BB loyalists and maybe some enterprise will pick up the device but honestly without any cool features like the note devices have, I don`t understand the point in BB having a phablet. I am sure that the pricing will start of super high but drop quickly.
    bigjman, xBURK and jajor like this.
    07-21-13 11:07 PM
    Of course the average person won't know anything and take in everything the carrier reps say and like sheep be led to the note or S4.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:09 PM
    The snapdragon 800 series is very energy efficient.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 11:11 PM
    The snapdragon 800 series is very energy efficient.

Posted via CB10
    So is an OLED screen. If your the type of person that would be rendered useless if your phone didn't have a battery that lasted 15 hours with moderate usage and you are never near a power supply to recharge it, then I would stear clear of the phablets. If that isn't you, then a "less" energy efficient cpu shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-21-13 11:22 PM
    l agree....

If BB is not willing to get into the spec race then don't release a phablet. Noone wants a big Z1O. They want the Flagship ..... The one phone that sums up what the BB10 experience should be. The market rejected the Z and the Q is a niche device. So where the hell is the flagship?

xpowers likes this.
    07-21-13 11:23 PM
    iPhone 5 is 'high-end' and it is dual core and isn't even 720p.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    07-21-13 11:36 PM
    Well that rumour dates back to late last year. It was known the first two BB10 devices, Z10 and Q10, wouldn't be stunning in terms of specs. But rumour was floating around about a true, "real" BB10 flagship, the Aristo. Designed to amaze everyone. So expectations have been quite high for this device.

So I can understand the geeks here who are disappointed because they expect all the 2013 bells and whsitles in terms of hardware: Newest SoC, 1080p screen resolution, better camera, improved touch input. But right now it seems to be only an enlarged, slightly updated version of our Z10. Not that one, true BB10 flagship people were hoping for.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-22-13 05:37 AM
    • If they announce it this week and release it in a month, it's not that bad in terms of being in the race. A nice mix of specs and experience (smart choice to use 720p on an Adreno 320, if you don't plug your phone in a TV). Then they release the quad-core version as soon as they can (January) to please people who think they need it. They can add a G for gaming to it, the U10g. Have you seen my U10geeeeee, it smokes your Android! .
    • If they think they can release the Aristo at the end of the year and call it a flagship, then someone needs to take management off the drugs they're on. Seems to be good ****.
    • If they simply want to release a larger phone and their marketing campaign supports that, then it doesn't really matter when it gets released this year. The goal is to please a different crowd and it will offer a Z10-like experience on a larger phone. 5 rows of icons, OMG!
    07-22-13 08:38 AM
    Not really ... want BB10 & 5 inch go A10. Want Apps and no fuss no muss go Iphone. Want the latest and greatest but not so great OS go Android. Want to be different go Nokia.
    IM4CHRST and SDTRMG like this.
    07-22-13 09:48 AM
    If they announce it this week and release it in a month, it's not that bad in terms of being in the race. A nice mix of specs and experience (smart choice to use 720p on an Adreno 320, if you don't plug your phone in a TV).
    Why? Even the Z10 outputs in 1080p via HDMI.
    07-22-13 12:55 PM
    If BB10 is so light and efficient compared to android, Why is it the only phone OS that requires 2 GB RAM to run acceptably?

Dual core doesn't mean mid-tier or low end. Don't caught up in that marketing gimmick. I sincerely would love to have someone why a cell phone would need that much processing power? Other than the fact that android requires it to run smoothly or else it would be the garbage that it used to be because it's uch a heavy OS. Look how smooth BB10 works and even more so WP8. Both are just as good, and in some cases better than android and they both only have dual cores in them. Also camera pixels means nothing, it's the sensor and lense that do. So back to my original point, don't let the "spec" marketing fool you, nor ever listen to a salesman.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 12:57 PM
    Why? Even the Z10 outputs in 1080p via HDMI.
    Because the framerate drops dramatically if you go from 720p to 1080p.
    07-22-13 01:08 PM
    Because the framerate drops dramatically if you go from 720p to 1080p.
    Didn't know that? Do you have any testing data to what the frame rates are?
    07-22-13 01:20 PM
    Google adreno 320 benchmarks. There was a lot of talk going on when it was first released.

My PlayBook? Very useful in the shower as a radio and notepad
    07-22-13 01:58 PM
    To the average consumer low, mid and high tier depend on looks. No average person walking into a store really cares about 720p or dual vs quad core. Why? Because they don't even know what it is! I don't understand the fascination with specs. Like I said, no average person cares or even understands what it all means. I think the A10 will do well if it's a good looking phone with a decent camera because at the end of the day, that's all the average consumer gives a crap about.

Via my White Q10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-22-13 02:11 PM
    That's not true for a consumer that does any shopping around. If I do nothing more then go to Bell.ca (my carriers website) and select compare on any phones I'm interested in, it puts it in chart form with all the specs. I just tried the Z10 vs the HTC One, same price on contract but as a general consumer I would get the HTC. The A10 in place of the Z10 would still look bad in that chart.

To the average consumer low, mid and high tier depend on looks. No average person walking into a store really cares about 720p or dual vs quad core. Why? Because they don't even know what it is! I don't understand the fascination with specs. Like I said, no average person cares or even understands what it all means. I think the A10 will do well if it's a good looking phone with a decent camera because at the end of the day, that's all the average consumer gives a crap about.

Via my White Q10
    07-22-13 02:32 PM
    Think it depends on the carrier. If this phone is to be sold by Verizon, It will meet a quick death at the hands of the Quad core running Note 2 or the Soon to be released Note 3. However if its released on some nameless carrier, it may do ok. Thing is there are no mid tier phablets they are all Kick *** so the A10 will not be comparable.

Funny My Z10 (duel core) did circles around my cousind Note 2 (quad core). Funny Everyone still sees the iphone as premium device even though its duel core. Quad core is an android gimick that people fall for. Like IM4CHRST said dont get caught up in the marketing gimmick.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-22-13 02:42 PM
    Google adreno 320 benchmarks. There was a lot of talk going on when it was first released.

Seems ok to me.

Just the video

Still confused about the Z30 being a high end device-glbench25.png
    Attached Thumbnails Still confused about the Z30 being a high end device-glbench25fill.png  
    07-22-13 02:52 PM
    That's horrible for gamers tbh, but in 720p? No problem.

07-22-13 03:54 PM

i beg to differ that it will meet its end to a note2, you seriously think on a hardware and software level that the note2 is better then the Z10? think again pal, the Z10 benchmark scores in the same range as the note2 and its only running a 1.5 GHz dual core, rumored specs of the 1.7 dual on the A10 will beat the the Z10s therfore will beat the note2. if rumors are true and BB10.2 is supposed to benchmark in the 1k per core area on the Z10 then seriouslly, from a speed stand point the note2 will not touch the A10 or even the Z10 for that matter not to mention its still 720p resolution (go figure)

the note3 is something different but the note 2 is last years hardware built on a slower OS while QNX fully capable of pushing speed to another level then Android. i seriouslly only hope BlackBerry puts a Snapdragon 800 chip in the A10, just so peopel can truly see how advanced the performance aspect of the QNX core really is when comparing a S4 with the same chip to an A10 wit hthe same chip, there really won't be much to compare to and the S4 will get left in the dust. same thing would happen if iOS used a Snapdragon 800.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-22-13 04:05 PM
    That's horrible for gamers tbh, but in 720p? No problem.

OK. Thanks. Looking forward to benchmarks with the A10 and finalization of the chip set.
    07-22-13 04:07 PM
    If BB10 is so light and efficient compared to android, Why is it the only phone OS that requires 2 GB RAM to run acceptably?
    My first question in response is, do you know what RAM is and how it works? Next is, do you know why that extra GB of RAM is needed. RAM has nothing to do with the OS itself, that is why WP8 can run perfectly well and smooth on 512MB of RAM, however, that starts to slow down a bit once you have a bunch of apps open and you are trying to retrieve more information from the phone's memory. Not the OS itself but the ability to retrieve information. Now don't get me wrong, OS's have a RAM requirement just to be able to function, but that isn't why BB10 requires 2GB. That 2GB requirement of RAM is because of the HUB. It's always open always running and the information is always accessible. That isn't because of the CPU but because of the RAM, which RAM stands for Random Access Memory. That is the whole reason behind the Playbook not getting the BB10 upgrade. Without sufficient RAM the Playbook would be a slug. Look at it as the difference between surfing the web on 56k dial up and cable internet. That's probably the best way I can describe it. You're still functioning but the speed of download just isn't there. But once the page is downloaded you can scroll through it just fine. Now if you wanted to start talking about a single core processor vs a dual core or even a quad core processor, that is an entirely different conversation. That is all about how well inputs and running programs are processed. That is why, at least from what I've seen, the number one comparison between processors is always how well each one will run PhotoShop. It's a heavy program requiring a heavy duty processor.

Out of all honesty if I have gotten this wrong someone please correct me.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-22-13 04:13 PM
40 12