Good Sunday everyone, I'm sure some will think I'm nuts...but a few questions...I have got an unlocked z30 running on T-Mobile, I have the otterbox case with holster. I work outside for a living, and find this phone just a tad too large, even with the swivel, this phone is big, I need the phone on me etc. I know the z10, most have said battery life stinks, etc. but what else? so here are a few questions.
    1.) the operating system for the z30 same as z10?(or is z30 faster)
    2.) besides bad battery life many have mentioned on the z10, and other issues?
    3.)I know I will loose display size, but if it fits in a holster and doesn't feel i'm attached to a "laptop"!, its ok
    4.) would I regret switching?
    5.) just stick with the z30...

Thanks
    chaddt likes this.
    04-13-14 06:32 PM
    Just sold mine and went back to my Z10. Only thing i miss right now is the battery life, otherwise i find the Z10 to be just as good as the Z30 for what i use it for. The 30 was a bit snappier than the 10 but i never felt that that it was that big of a bump in speed. In terms of screen real estate, yes you will lose that but the screen on the 10 is much sharper and better (My opinion). Plus, if you consume media you will be bummed out from the mono speaker on the 10. Basically, i have gone back and i have yet to feel as if i had made a huge mistake. It really comes down to how you use your phone, i really enjoyed the 30 with all its awesomeness but in the end i felt like the 10 was better for me.
    04-13-14 06:43 PM
    The Z10 is a decent phone. But...

It isn't THAT much smaller (the Z30's screen is much bigger but it has slimmer bezels at the top and on the sides). The Z30 is clocked a little faster and has the same graphics processor as the Galaxy S4; it is noticeably faster and smoother.

It is the same operating system, yes. Battery life is down quite a bit, though at least with the Z10 you can swap in fresh ones. You can also buy 3rd party batteries with higher capacities.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    tonytraj17 and Numero12 like this.
    04-13-14 06:45 PM
    Here's a general comparison. Their OS'S are pretty much the same. Differing features are listed below:
    Z30:
    -Dedicated GPU and faster processor, making it more 'fluid,' faster, and more responsive.
    -Miracast and Wifi Direct capabilities (Z10 lacks these).
    -USB OTG (Z10 doesn't have this).
    -Battery life is probably, literally, twice as good (It lasts about two times longer; I'd say even more).
    -Paratek Antenna (better signal strength, retention, and less resulting battery drain-- again, the Z10 lacks this).
    -Construction is of higher quality material.
    -FM Radio (I think only the STL 100-1 has this).

Z10:
    -Smaller form factor, making it a device that is highly optimized for one handed use (I really miss how good the device is at this, especially with the swipe based gestures and keyboard).
    -Pixel density is higher, and the screen is brighter.

Aside from this, differences are aesthetic. The Z10 doesn't have full dark theme (settings), but the Z30 doesn't have full light theme. The Z30 also has superior speakers. Although, that's usually a less important distinction to most, and I think it handles noise cancelling in calls to a much better extent.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    04-13-14 06:47 PM
    Loved my Z10 and only switched to the Z30 last week. Z10 feels tiny now even though it really isn't that much smaller. I think it's because I had the CB Crunk case on the Z10 and have the Otterbox Commuter On the Z30.

Like the others have said,not a huge difference other than light vs dark theme, slightly faster, bigger screen, yadda yadda....

I've never had a huge issue with the battery on the Z10 but I'm not a huge gamer. When I did play some games I blew threw the battery in a hurry.

I am on and off my phone through out the day and typically would go from 8 am to 7 PM before I needed to charge it. Z30 doesn't need to be charged at all.

That doesn't count times where I'm in low reception areas that kill the battery like crazy. Haven't tested the z30 yet but with its antenna I don't think that will be much of an issue.

I would recommend have an extra battery or battery pack just to be safe if you don't have access to a charger.

Can't go wrong with either device.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 08:18 PM
    Good Sunday everyone, I'm sure some will think I'm nuts...but a few questions...I have got an unlocked z30 running on T-Mobile, I have the otterbox case with holster. I work outside for a living, and find this phone just a tad too large, even with the swivel, this phone is big, I need the phone on me etc. I know the z10, most have said battery life stinks, etc. but what else? so here are a few questions.
    1.) the operating system for the z30 same as z10?(or is z30 faster)
    2.) besides bad battery life many have mentioned on the z10, and other issues?
    3.)I know I will loose display size, but if it fits in a holster and doesn't feel i'm attached to a "laptop"!, its ok
    4.) would I regret switching?
    5.) just stick with the z30...

Thanks
    So yours is the sta100-5?
    04-14-14 03:26 AM
    For outside work the Z10 is better. The LCD screen on the z10 is very viewable outdoors in bright sunlight. The Z30 amoled screen, not so much.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:16 AM
    I just made the movement three days ago and I'm very happy!
    Z30 is much faster and better phone.

Stick z30 or go to z10?-paisrs.jpg
    04-14-14 11:28 AM
    If you are willing to part with your z30 I have 2 months old z10 can we exchange and I will add cash as well

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:42 PM