Hello,

To sum it up, my gf broke her phone. Since she is with Wind options are limited on phones she can have. I want to give her my S6 and I have a BlackBerry Z30 i lent to friend i am gonna get back and use.

Been along time since i have used BB10. And just want to know what the state of side loading apps on Bb10 is? Before i remember that only about 25℅ of the apps I want work. I used to install via Snap.

Have there been any improvements? And better ways to put Android apps on, to improve stability? Or has support for the Android Runtime died?

I understand its a broad question and is app dependant. Just wondering the general feedback. Has this improved in 2 years or no?
    11-12-16 01:13 PM
    I just had to reload SNAP as there was an update that wouldn't load normally.

Once done, it appears to work OK for the apps I'm using, there are quite a few, but will obviously be different from ones you might use, seems to be going OK though.

If the Z30 had better processing & memory specs, I would be happy to keep using it until it physically fried itself - it's been a fantastic phone and I'm very reluctant to update.
    11-12-16 02:30 PM
    Hello,

To sum it up, my gf broke her phone. Since she is with Wind options are limited on phones she can have. I want to give her my S6 and I have a BlackBerry Z30 i lent to friend i am gonna get back and use.

Been along time since i have used BB10. And just want to know what the state of side loading apps on Bb10 is? Before i remember that only about 25℅ of the apps I want work. I used to install via Snap.

Have there been any improvements? And better ways to put Android apps on, to improve stability? Or has support for the Android Runtime died?

I understand its a broad question and is app dependant. Just wondering the general feedback. Has this improved in 2 years or no?
    You could download Google play store even, with patched versions of various Google Apps and Google play services

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-12-16 02:42 PM
    Thanks! I do recall seeing a tutorial on how to install Google Play and Google Play Services on BB10. But never did try it out. At the time (about 2 years ago) I remember it being hit or miss on downloading OBB data and other things. I will try to find that tut and check it out!
    11-12-16 05:03 PM
    I just had to reload SNAP as there was an update that wouldn't load normally.

Once done, it appears to work OK for the apps I'm using, there are quite a few, but will obviously be different from ones you might use, seems to be going OK though.

If the Z30 had better processing & memory specs, I would be happy to keep using it until it physically fried itself - it's been a fantastic phone and I'm very reluctant to update.
    I agree Z30 was an excellent device...that hardware (so sweet). I plan to do as much native BB10 as possible because I love the OS (sad to see it fall as much as it has) but there will definitely be some Android apps I do not want to give up.

Truth be told, I am not a fan of Android. Its just a means to an end really...you go where the content is. Kind of excited to go back to BB10 for awhile, just hope I can get the few apps I am desperate to keep.
    11-12-16 05:05 PM
    Can't seem to get Google Play Services working for 10.3.2.2474 does anyone know if/how this can be done?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-16 08:34 PM