LTE in Monroe, LA and Baton Rouge, LA

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-03-14 11:08 AM
    This is a pretty decent list so far! I want to thank those who have contributed to the post!

Anyone else out there using the STA100-5 Z30 on AT&T, I encourage you to drop a quick reply advising whether or not you're getting LTE speeds in your city.

Thanks everyone!

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    04-04-14 09:37 AM
    No LTE in Houston
    I do get LTE in Beeville, TX.

Posted with my Awesome unlocked Z30 on AT&T
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-04-14 09:52 PM
    No LTE in Houston
    I do get LTE in Beeville, TX.

Not the answer I wanted to hear but finally glad to get one. Thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    Graahle likes this.
    04-04-14 10:21 PM
    Not what I wanted to find out, but I'm still loving the Z30!

04-04-14 10:24 PM
    LTE in Monroe, LA and Baton Rouge, LA

Posted via CB10
    You in Baton Rouge? Might need to PM when I get to computer - I'm in Baton Rouge / Ascension Parish and travel Lake Charles / Alexander / Shreveport / Monroe. 75% Baton Rouge/Geismar/Plaquemine (industrial sales). LTE ON a Z30 would make my DAY!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 10:32 PM
    Someone in WA please respond !
    04-04-14 11:20 PM
    4G only (Average 8mbps)
    New York (Queens County)
    New York (Brooklyn County)
    New York (Nassau County)
    Warminster, PA
    Kinnelon, NJ

Edit: This is good idea, but maybe we should have used an Open Map to let people drop pins of different colors and indicate the service/speed they get.
    04-05-14 11:02 AM
    4G only (Average 8mbps)
    New York (Queens County)
    New York (Nassau County)
    Warminster, PA
    Kinnelon, NJ

Edit: This is good idea, but maybe we should have used an Open Map to let people drop pins of different colors and indicate the service/speed they get.
    Outstanding suggestion! It is easy to go through 2 pages on the CB app, but when the pages start increasing, it will be difficult to follow and see the coverage. How can this be done? I am willing to chip in and put it up, but I do not know how. I want to buy a -5 Z30 but want to see the coverage on AT&T first.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 11:16 AM
    Outstanding suggestion! It is easy to go through 2 pages on the CB app, but when the pages start increasing, it will be difficult to follow and see the coverage. How can this be done? I am willing to chip in and put it up, but I do not know how. I want to buy a -5 Z30 but want to see the coverage on AT&T first.

Posted via CB10
    I believe google used to allow creation of maps allowing anyone to pin, not sure if it still exists.
    04-05-14 12:06 PM
    Any word on LTE coverage in Austin, TX?

Been thinking of buying the Z30 now that it's available through ShopBlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've been adding new information, as it comes in, to the original post so that no one has to scroll through the entire thread.

04-05-14 01:05 PM
    4G only (Average 8mbps)
    New York (Queens County)
    New York (Nassau County)
    Warminster, PA
    Kinnelon, NJ

The original poster has been updating his first post. But yeah that would be cool!

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    04-05-14 03:17 PM
    South Padre Island, Texas has LTE!

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-05-14 03:18 PM
    Providence, RI, 4G only, NO LTE. Actually everywhere I've been in RI is 4G only.

(LTE is available in much of the state.)
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-05-14 05:52 PM
    Looked at the list in the OP and was hoping since Charlotte NC has LTE, Raleigh would as well, but no dice. 4G only here. Oh well. Still runs great
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-05-14 06:50 PM
    Non LTE - Las Vegas NV
    LTE is band 17 here
    Well, that sucks. Guess the DB won't be getting a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's actually not bad with regular 4G service. My Z10, Lumia 920 and Nexus 5 all get LTE and for regular surfing, emailing and even watching YouTube vids, the lack of LTE isn't that noticeable. The Z30 is a great device....
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-07-14 06:35 PM
    Only 4G in and around LAX, Venice Beach and Malibu.

Posted via CB10
    Also, 4G in downtown Los Angeles. =0/

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-07-14 07:09 PM
    4G in Laguna Beach and most of Orange County. I do get spotty LTE in Irvine, but it usually doesn't last long.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    04-07-14 08:39 PM
    For the record, your NYC counties are all wrong

Via Z10
    04-07-14 09:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Whenever I travel guide 4G locations, I really can't tell the difference in all honesty. I don't know if that's because the 4G speeds are so great or the LTE speeds are crappy. I did recently read that AT&T's LTE speed in Chicago is slower than other places tested ( I think in Texas). I'll look for the article...

04-07-14 10:10 PM
    For the record, your NYC counties are all wrong

Via Z10
    Got those from a comment left here. Feel free to suggest corrections.

Thanks in advance!

04-07-14 10:14 PM
    Whenever I travel guide 4G locations, I really can't tell the difference in all honesty. I don't know if that's because the 4G speeds are so great or the LTE speeds are crappy. I did recently read that AT&T's LTE speed in Chicago is slower than other places tested ( I think in Texas). I'll look for the article...

Well, LTE over here is fabulous. I am trying to get the DB to switch back to Blackberry from his current iOS device. When I got my Q10, he was intrigued and was actually interested in the Z30. He won't budge on the non-LTE factor and I can't blame him. If I'm going to lay out that kind of cash, I would want full LTE as well. Spoiled, I guess. I wanted a Z30 as well, in white, but since the -1 model will probably never be released, I am hoping BB will release a premium device similar to the Z30 later this year that is AT&T LTE capable so our little fam will be all-BB once again.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 11:11 PM
    Well, LTE over here is fabulous. I am trying to get the DB to switch back to Blackberry from his current iOS device. When I got my Q10, he was intrigued and was actually interested in the Z30. He won't budge on the non-LTE factor and I can't blame him. If I'm going to lay out that kind of cash, I would want full LTE as well. Spoiled, I guess. I wanted a Z30 as well, in white, but since the -1 model will probably never be released, I am hoping BB will release a premium device similar to the Z30 later this year that is AT&T LTE capable so our little fam will be all-BB once again.

Posted via CB10
    I can't blame anyone that holds out for a device that faithfully gets LTE nationwide. I just couldn't resist the temptation of a larger screen and a few other upgrades.

Here's the article that I referred to about AT&T's LTE network in Chicago being slow. It's a couple of years old, so perhaps it's better now. Of course, I still think it's slow compared to other cities based on my travels, so they must not have improved it enough.

AT&T LTE Network Slower in Markets Like Chicago - Carrier Needs to Speed up EDGE User Offload | DSLReports, ISP Information
    Avenzuno likes this.
    04-08-14 04:00 PM
262 1234 ...