10-31-13 05:17 AM
38 12
tools
    I'd preferred to have a charging mat that I place it on on my desk. This way I wound have to reach down to the floor and grab the "always to short power cable" and connect my phone. Less stress on the use port and less chance of me pulling the phone off the table in case I get up on a hurry and snag the wire at the same time. It's ok by me if it just trickle charged the phone to make up for the wireless and cell connection that is on. I can fast charge it at home with my PlayBook charger.

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    10-28-13 12:30 AM
    Wow, that's a great feature and selling point for BlackBerry. Hopefully this drives sales in the USA and Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Highly unlikely. If it's true then BB's marketing chief must be fired - this is probably the stupidest idea, the most safest way to alienate prospective customers who are NOT on VZW, nobody will switch to Verzion for this but this will certainly lower their appetite to get the "lesser" device on their own network... stupid, stupid move if true.
    GiantSchnauzer likes this.
    10-28-13 12:37 AM
    Anyone know what wireless charging standard is being used on the Z30?
    10-30-13 11:12 AM
    Anyone know what wireless charging standard is being used on the Z30?
    Good question. I hope it's Qi, and not some proprietary thing (unless it's demonstrably better.)
    10-30-13 11:40 AM
    Webos phones charged fast on the wireless chargers. And used the same cables as blackberry. Of course the battery's were smaller. No one complained. Good to hear!
    10-30-13 11:52 AM
    If find it funny that there is no info on the BlackBerry official site about wireless charging. Ah the joys of being a techie, sigh!
    10-30-13 12:53 PM
    Hurry VZW, hurry!!!!
    10-30-13 12:59 PM
    Some google search results are saying its gonna be the Qi Standard for wireless charging. There was also a CB article posted back in August.

Wireless Power Consortium listing pegs BlackBerry Z30 as supporting Qi wireless charging | CrackBerry.com

On the Wireless Consortium webpage the Z30 isn't listed. Only some stuff for the 9700 and 8900

Products - Wireless Power Consortium
    raino likes this.
    10-30-13 01:03 PM
    Even if the wireless charging method yields a slower charge rate than the traditional method: what better phone to feature it on than one that has a great charge capacity to begin with?
    If the Z30's battery sustains it for a full day anyway then all you might need is a method by which to pass along just a complimentary charge (on one's desk at work for instance) since it looks like come nightfall you could plug it in anyway to fully recharge.

At work I'm constantly getting up to go about my day and a mat that the 30 could be placed upon and quickly grabbed off of would be huge. As previously cited the reduction of potential wear & tear on the microUSB port is great. Just before closing my eyes for the night I'm more likely to have the time to carefully plug in the wired charger thereby all but eliminating the chances of inadvertantly causing any physical trauma to the phone's microUSB port.
    10-30-13 07:13 PM
    I recently installed a wireless receiver in my Z10.

So, Yes it charges much slower than a 2A one, BUT I tend to place my phone more often on the charging plate.
    It us si easy to just place it on the plate that grab the cable and plug.

Personally, I find it great.

And as a result, my phone is up charged more often. I clearly notice it.

Example : at work when I'm at my desk and not travelling, I place the phone on the charging pad each time I finish using my phone. Because it's easy and practical. Before I didn't bothered plug the phone and unplug it each time I had to make a phone call.

The only boring thing is that I have to remove my case and the receiver each time I need to access my USB port as it isn't a "built in" feature.

The receiver cost me $10. I can't imagine then price if you get 1 million ! I would cost nothing to add this to any BlackBerry....

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-30-13 07:22 PM
    For those who are interested in my wireless charging mod :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=866037

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 07:26 PM
    I recently installed a wireless receiver in my Z10.
    Cool! How much work was it, and how much technical ability do you need to do this?
    10-30-13 07:28 PM
    Well, look at the video I did (with story maker ) .

Basically, the receiver costs $10 (with shipment). The only technical knowledge you need is to plug a connector into the usb port, like you would plug your wall charger. I a word : nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 05:17 AM
38 12