I can't get spotify to work on the z30. It has not had an update from amazon for some time, unlike for the passport where it gets regular updates. Now when I try to open it, it just gets stuck loading endlessly and it can never actually play anything. What's the best way to get it working?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 10:42 PM
    Try a version from here. Which? That's up to you - donotlink.com
    The Aficionado likes this.
    09-30-15 11:17 PM
    Thanks blaze

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:26 PM
    It never really worked well for me. Not smooth or fast. I deleted it a few weeks ago.

Posted from my new Z30 (when it was $249) resting happily in its Otterbox Commuter
    10-01-15 05:28 AM
    when you install it for the first time, make sure your SD card is not in the phone
    10-01-15 06:51 AM
    Latest version from Snap, never had any issue with it.

Posted via CB10
    outlooker likes this.
    10-01-15 11:55 AM
    It work for me, although it's pretty sluggish.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 07:32 PM
    I have an older version of Spotify on my Passport . It works perfectly and the best part is that the version I have reads my PP as a tablet, so I get the benefits of the tablet version
    10-01-15 07:47 PM
    I can't get spotify to work on the z30. It has not had an update from amazon for some time, unlike for the passport where it gets regular updates. Now when I try to open it, it just gets stuck loading endlessly and it can never actually play anything. What's the best way to get it working?

Posted via CB10
    Can't attest to the specific version that you're using, but Spotify is one of the better Android apps as far as how well it runs on BB10. The only problem I've ever had was with an older version that seemed to stop displaying the album art. That was long ago fixed and, from what I recall was a problem with the app itself, not BlackBerry specific. Yes, it takes a few seconds to load (but it is the same on our Android tablet so I don't think those complaints are warranted) and it runs very smooth.

Amazon seems much slower to push their updates, in general. If you sideload Snap, you will guarantee that you have the latest version there which seems to run absolutely fine!
    10-01-15 08:29 PM