Hi Everyone, I have a 9930 on Sprint and I am thinking of buying an unlocked Z30 and going to T-Mobile. Can someone try to answer my question? On my 9930, I have icons, Facebook, twitter, etc and have an icons for my "text" messages, and an icon for "email", is this still possible on the z30 or is there one "icon" for text and email messages combined? Thanks a head of time!
    11-22-13 12:49 PM
    Hi Everyone, I have a 9930 on Sprint and I am thinking of buying an unlocked Z30 and going to T-Mobile. Can someone try to answer my question? On my 9930, I have icons, Facebook, twitter, etc and have an icons for my "text" messages, and an icon for "email", is this still possible on the z30 or is there one "icon" for text and email messages combined? Thanks a head of time!
    All messages go to the HUB, but there is still a separate Text & BBM Icon, the HUB icon take you to all of your messaging accounts.
    southlander likes this.
    11-22-13 12:58 PM
    You can have separate icons for everything except email. Email and every communication app is in the HUB. So you can have apps like os7 and older OSes except email on your screen or you can swipe open the HUB and see the list and just tap what you want. P.S. If you say you prefer separate apps on screen on CB be prepared for lots of negative replies.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 01:06 PM
    scalemaster and jcdfinisher thank you for the replys, please be patient with me, so on the z30 when u "swipe" or do what ever to "wake" the creen up, like to show current time of day etc,, will the icons you want be "present" , or on my 9930 I can show "all" or favorite icons etc. what im trying to say, a text icon will be there, but not an email icon? I will have to go to the hub?

will I be able to "tell the hub" I want to see separate text messages and separate emails? sorry guys this is all new to me!
    11-22-13 02:40 PM
    What they said except there's an app on app store that acts like an email shortcut

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 03:05 PM
    scalemaster and jcdfinisher thank you for the replys, please be patient with me, so on the z30 when u "swipe" or do what ever to "wake" the creen up, like to show current time of day etc,, will the icons you want be "present" , or on my 9930 I can show "all" or favorite icons etc. what im trying to say, a text icon will be there, but not an email icon? I will have to go to the hub?

will I be able to "tell the hub" I want to see separate text messages and separate emails? sorry guys this is all new to me!
    You can have any icons you prefer on your screen after unlocking. You can set them up just as you want. They're all there, email, text, BBM, Facebook.

Personally I like less icons so the only one I use is BlackBerry Hub. I do have a separate FB icon as well.
    11-22-13 05:34 PM

Yes you can tell the hub just what you want to see by toggling that specific applications on and off. Or even if you have set to on where it appears in the hub, you can still just select that one which you may want to see. For example, let's say you only want to view your emails to a specific email address, then you just select that email and all your send/recieve activities for that one email address will appear. Same goes for text or any other application. Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-13 06:39 PM
    I would assume you could separate Texting and messaging/email. My question is that I have 4 separate email accounts and want 4 separate email icons - not all in one. Is that possible?
    11-22-13 10:30 PM
    I would assume you could separate Texting and messaging/email. My question is that I have 4 separate email accounts and want 4 separate email icons - not all in one. Is that possible?
    There are no individual icons like the legacy BlackBerry's had. But once you open the hub you can choose any account you want to see. All your individual email accounts will be listed so you can view them separately if you want.
    11-23-13 12:57 AM
    Ok this is main hub:

Sperate "icons" for email, text etc.?-img_00000161.png

From there you tap for icon on lower left and it brings up all you options. Email addresses text so on. You select which one you sent and it will show all messages from that account or text.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 01:07 AM
    There are no individual icons like the legacy BlackBerry's had. But once you open the hub you can choose any account you want to see. All your individual email accounts will be listed so you can view them separately if you want.
    I am not understanding the once you open the hub you can choose any account. Are you meaning email accounts? If my 4 individual email accounts are indeed listed in the hub then my question is answered but if it has just an all-encompassing "messages" account then that is a problem. I might be trying to equate my Torch where the 4 icons are on my home screen whereas the z30 has the 4 email accounts listed inside the hub? Same thing but have to swipe open the hub to see them?
    11-24-13 03:30 PM
    I am not understanding the once you open the hub you can choose any account. Are you meaning email accounts? If my 4 individual email accounts are indeed listed in the hub then my question is answered but if it has just an all-encompassing "messages" account then that is a problem. I might be trying to equate my Torch where the 4 icons are on my home screen whereas the z30 has the 4 email accounts listed inside the hub? Same thing but have to swipe open the hub to see them?
    Each account will have a separate section, nothing is mashed together. It's hard to explain because you're thinking of it as if it were apps put together in one section but it's really a hub.

As you can see, I only have one email account but if you have more, they'll show up in their own section

Sperate "icons" for email, text etc.?-img_00000075.png

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:39 PM
    Each account will have a separate section, nothing is mashed together. It's hard to explain because you're thinking of it as if it were apps put together in one section but it's really a hub.

As you can see, I only have one email account but if you have more, they'll show up in their own section

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000075.png 
Views:	345 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	223916

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate the screen grab. You are showing 1 outlook email account so if you added a Yahoo email account it would show immediately below your outlook one like:

Email
    bbforever@yahoo.com

Correct?
    11-24-13 03:53 PM
    I appreciate the screen grab. You are showing 1 outlook email account so if you added a Yahoo email account it would show immediately below your outlook one like:

Email
    bbforever@yahoo.com

Correct?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:55 PM
    There
    Sperate "icons" for email, text etc.?-img_00000076.png

Btw. You can change the order of all your accounts

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 03:59 PM
    Hi All, I am using the 9930 and love it, but looking to make a move to the z30, this "hub" thing seems to be complicated to me, is it pretty easy to "learn" coming from for example the 9930?
    11-24-13 04:00 PM
    Hi All, I am using the 9930 and love it, but looking to make a move to the z30, this "hub" thing seems to be complicated to me, is it pretty easy to "learn" coming from for example the 9930?
    Yes. You just have to forget about email and text apps because everything shows up in the hub. You can color code accounts or give special notification settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:02 PM
    Very easy to learn yes. When I switched from 9900 to Z10 I had my regrets for about 30 minutes but once u got the hang of it, it was easy sailing. The hub really makes everything so much easier.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 04:05 PM
    well l hate change! I mean my 9930 on what I call the home screen, I can show "all" the icons, Facebook, my email icon, my text icon, I have one for the weather channel etc. I just want to make sure that I can still do this on the z30, so for example the phone has been on my desk from say 20 min, I wake it up or what you call swipe, will I see my email and text icons with a "red star" or what ever it is indicating I have an email and text message on that "home" screen, or will I have to search the hub? **also do I still have my "green" blinking led on the upper right and blinks red for missed or that you got a message? Sorry if this sounds stupid just trying to learn from those that use it
    11-24-13 04:16 PM
    pttptppt,
    Thank you very much. Sometimes I think it is more confusing for existing BB legacy users than someone coming in green or from another OS. We get so used to things and hard to change. I will also look for videos of the hub process as well covering this and phone calls. Thanks again.
    11-24-13 04:41 PM
    well l hate change! I mean my 9930 on what I call the home screen, I can show "all" the icons, Facebook, my email icon, my text icon, I have one for the weather channel etc. I just want to make sure that I can still do this on the z30, so for example the phone has been on my desk from say 20 min, I wake it up or what you call swipe, will I see my email and text icons with a "red star" or what ever it is indicating I have an email and text message on that "home" screen, or will I have to search the hub? **also do I still have my "green" blinking led on the upper right and blinks red for missed or that you got a message? Sorry if this sounds stupid just trying to learn from those that use it
    You wont need to unlock anything to see if you have new messages.
    On your LOCK screen, BEFORE you unlock the device, it shows notifications that you can click to see a preview of the message.
    So:
    hit unlock button, see on the left side you have email, FB and twitter new messages. Tap each and preview displays. You can decide if you want to go farther or just ignore them and let the phone lock again.

Think of it this way:
    The HUB is ONE APP, with EVERY way people can get in touch with you within that app.
    To get to that app, you swipe up and right.
    11-24-13 10:03 PM