Today's leak of the A10 showed the device in all its glory. However, I don't believe it is so...

Why? Well because of two things. The first being conflicting reports as to whether the device is actually a highly-specced phone or if it's midrange (1080p or 720p, Quad core or dual core, 5" screen or not). The second being lenient on its design.

Now the device just by the picture itself looks to be made up of the same plastic like the Z10. There has also been rumours of the back being made up of a similar glass weave like the Q10. Now what puzzles me is why BlackBerry would use these materials for their flagship. The device itself already holds a similarity to the Z10 in the bottom bezel, with similar looking dimensions and the same kind of white plastic used below the bezel. The second being the Glass Weave back which has only been used on the Q10, another device which is tiered slightly under the Z10, though approaching there. This makes me believe that the device is actually a lower specced device which could be the Z5.

Now of course this is all speculation. If this does turn out to be the A10, colour me surprised. I really wish BlackBerry makes use of more powerful hardware, especially since they (again) have been rumoured to want to promote the gaming aspect of the phone. And with a name like the A10, I doubt they'd not want to live up to the alphanumeric name of an awesome fighter aircraft with a gatling gun at its nose; BB should invest in something like aluminium.
    07-12-13 01:04 AM
    I think maybe the reason CrackBerry Kevin hasn't written an articles after the shareholders meeting, is because he's hammered and has been crying. Blackberry showed him the A10 and he now realizes the game is over.

Kevin your silence about these leaks makes me believe there real ( Let me know if you need me to send you a bottle of whisky lol)
    fbloise likes this.
    07-12-13 01:18 AM
    Today's leak of the A10 showed the device in all its glory. However, I don't believe it is so...

Why? Well because of two things. The first being conflicting reports as to whether the device is actually a highly-specced phone or if it's midrange (1080p or 720p, Quad core or dual core, 5" screen or not). The second being lenient on its design.

Now the device just by the picture itself looks to be made up of the same plastic like the Z10. There has also been rumours of the back being made up of a similar glass weave like the Q10. Now what puzzles me is why BlackBerry would use these materials for their flagship. The device itself already holds a similarity to the Z10 in the bottom bezel, with similar looking dimensions and the same kind of white plastic used below the bezel. The second being the Glass Weave back which has only been used on the Q10, another device which is tiered slightly under the Z10, though approaching there. This makes me believe that the device is actually a lower specced device which could be the Z5.

Now of course this is all speculation. If this does turn out to be the A10, colour me surprised. I really wish BlackBerry makes use of more powerful hardware, especially since they (again) have been rumoured to want to promote the gaming aspect of the phone. And with a name like the A10, I doubt they'd not want to live up to the alphanumeric name of an awesome fighter aircraft with a gatling gun at its nose; BB should invest in something like aluminium.
    One thing.... the Q10 is the current flagship, hence it's higher price, stainless steel frame and overall build qaulity.
    I believe that BlackBerry will use a dual core version of the SnapDragon 400....
    I too think these A-Series pics are fake; the version I saw last year was more like the Oppo Find 5.

Posted from The Force wielding tap-dancing mouse on secret pantless missions (hiding in Jaydee's backseat)
    Last edited by CJH_; 07-12-13 at 11:11 AM.
    07-12-13 01:21 AM
    I'd like to believe that, but given BB's track record I can't. What's midrange for most of the world is high-end in BB's corner of the universe.
    rai187 and antiRIM like this.
    07-12-13 01:22 AM
    Uh...I don't buy this because if it were a Z5 it would have comparable specs to the Q5, much like Q10 vs Z10.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    07-12-13 02:06 AM
    I think it's a a10 prototype n or dev device(not that they'd need them).

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:08 AM
    I'd like to believe that, but given BB's track record I can't. What's midrange for most of the world is high-end in BB's corner of the universe.
    Exactly. BlackBerry is still living in a magical world where they are the number one mobile company and can dictate the direction of the market it seems.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 03:20 AM
    A10 should be a slider if it's gonna come out with minimum specs.

Posted via CB10
    sergey_IL likes this.
    07-12-13 04:11 AM
    It just occurred to me that this could be a developer device intended for distribution at BlackBerry Jam Asia in September. It's hard to say for certain, but I wouldn't rule it out.
    wtrmlnjuc and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 11:15 AM