I have the same problems. The problem is not the speakers for your games or music but the speakers in front that has low sound.

I can hear people but i must set it to highest volume but still it sound to low. At my Z10 is was better and at the moment I hope BB will solve this problem because I'm thinking to go back to my old Z10 and give the wife the Z30 but at the moment I put calls on my speakers but that is insane to use. BB must solve this problem.

But long story I had found a solution. go to call button and in the call menu go swipe down. You see setting and
    you have to go to call sound here you can choose: base, normal and high tone. So I set it on high tond and that works fine for me un call also when there is some noise like TV, or kids around.
    Last edited by whatsever; 12-02-13 at 03:31 PM.
    12-02-13 02:30 PM
    I came here because I noticed the same issue. Loud speakers external but call volume and headphone volume sucked this morning (my first time using headphones).

Glad to know I am not the only one.

However, I was reminded to check main volume and low and behold my main volume was all the way down and headphone boost was toggled off. I changed those two settings and now my headphone volume is great!

Go to settings --- > Main Volume:
    The speaker sound in my Z30 is too low!-img_20131183.png

And check these settings:

The speaker sound in my Z30 is too low!-img_20131184.png

Hopefully these are settings that you guys haven't checked yet as well and will work for you too!
    12-02-13 04:43 PM
    I have been having low volume issues as well on calls, even when I put it on speaker phone. I just turned on treble boost hopefully that will help.
    12-02-13 06:32 PM
    I came here because I noticed the same issue. Loud speakers external but call volume and headphone volume sucked this morning (my first time using headphones).

However, I was reminded to check main volume and low and behold my main volume was all the way down and headphone boost was toggled off. I changed those two settings and now my headphone volume is great!

Go to settings --- > [B]Main Volume

Hopefully these are settings that you guys haven't checked yet as well and will work for you too!
    I just checked my Main Volume setting and it was on the low side so I slid it to the right to increase. But is this the control that influences the in-call volume or everything else (such as alerts, ring tones, etc)?
    I guess I'll find out eventually.

I didn't play with the headphones boost since I don't use headphones at this point.

***Edit***
    I just opened the Main Volume again and used the volume buttons on the side of the phone to see if they moved the on-screen slider: they do. As far as I've experienced those volume buttons control media volume well enough but have less volume-boosting influence when we're talking in-call volume.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:06 PM
    I just checked my Main Volume setting and it was on the low side so I slid it to the right to increase. But is this the control that influences the in-call volume or everything else (such as alerts, ring tones, etc)?
    I guess I'll find out eventually.

I didn't play with the headphones boost since I don't use headphones at this point.

***Edit***
    I just opened the Main Volume again and used to volume buttons on the side of the phone to see if they moved the on-screen slider: they do. As far as I've experienced those volume buttons control media volume well enough but have less volume-boosting influence when we're talking in-call volume.

Posted via CB10
    I believe it increases volume phone wide. But you can always use volume controls on the side of your device to adjust manually per app.
    12-02-13 08:14 PM
    If I'm remembering correctly, while I was in any given call, those buttons became dedicated call volume adjustment buttons. Unfortunately I seem to remember being in a call the other day and asking the person I was talking to to hang on while I adjusted the volume because I was having trouble hearing them in the moderately noisy room I was in: boosting the volume the one or two additional bars (which topped it out) did little and I continued having trouble hearing what the person on the other side of the call was saying.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:20 PM

Go to settings --- > Main Volume:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131183.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	226333

And check these settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131184.png 
Views:	854 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	226335

I don;t have this problem, so it's not a big deal BUT my system settings menu doesn't even have that headphone boost toggle in it!
    12-02-13 08:36 PM
    I don;t have this problem, so it's not a big deal BUT my system settings menu doesn't even have that headphone boost toggle in it!
    I'm running 10.2.1.1055 OS so maybe it's new in that os?

This morning I played Pandora and I actually had to turn the volume down. And I've received calls and the volume is nice and loud even in noisy surroundings. So the above adjustments have fixed my volume issues.

If you are using a stock OS I would recommend considering installing the 10.2.1.1055 OS available here in the Leaked section of the forums

Posted via CB10 - the app that doesn't exist
    Last edited by moodyk13; 12-03-13 at 11:40 AM.
    12-03-13 06:36 AM
    I have had no problems whatsoever with audio quality for phone calls or otherwise when using headphones or the device earpiece, regardless of the environment I'm in. I will note, however, that HD voice calls are noticeably easier to hear in loud environments over standard voice calls. That's not them hearing me when I'm in a loud area, that's me hearing them when I'm in a loud area. Either way, I'm still happy with audio quality for the time being on my end.

Also, Audio Boost should be available, I am on 10.2.0.429 and have it as an option.

Posted by my Z30 via CB10
    12-05-13 11:08 AM
    Same issue here, low volume while in calls. But that is the least of my problems. Lately I've been getting pure white noise while trying to make calls. It's so loud I can't hear the person on the over end of the phone, and they can't hear me. It's random right now but happening more frequently so I can't make calls from handset now. When I press the mute button, the noise goes away and I can hear the caller crystal clear, but they can't hear me obviously. Sometimes when I unmute the phone or put it on speaker, the white noise disappears but the caller still can't hear me. It works fine over bluetooth.

For those having the static issue over bluetooth in the car, I had the same issue with my Z10, just move your handset closer to the stereo deck and it should solve the issue.

Bought my phone online so I do t have a warranty/receipt I hope they fix this with a software update. I have a phone I can't make calls with....

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 07:21 AM
60 123