Actually seriously I wad totally blown away after my mate showed me the z1 from Sony highlights and it's coming out this end of the month..

Looking at the forum and seeing what fellow cb members are saying zzzzz.. I presume z30 is no where near or could even smell the z1.. I am a big fan of bb and I use to be a Sony guy.. might get a z1 as a secondary zzz

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:03 PM
    Sausages are half price at Walmart today. Be quick.
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    09-04-13 03:08 PM
    Was* sorry for the typo error..

Don't know what u meant by that message there.. but

I didnt even look at the specs and with what I can see from thread headers.. it doesn't look very bright for z30.. and I really hope bb does something zzz..

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 03:12 PM
    I'm sorry, I guess pan-continental humour is lost on most in translation.

Once again, sorry for my English sense of humour, p*ss take, sarcasm, and wit.

Carry on.
    09-04-13 03:19 PM
    I've long been a person who believes that BlackBerry should "adequately" spec its devices. By that, I mean upgrade the specs that have a direct effect on the user experience, like screen resolution or RAM.

However, I am very weary of comparing specs between devices that run different operating systems. Different OSs make a bigger difference than the specs on the device. I'll give you an example; where I work, we sell both Surface tablets and iPads. I had a customer yesterday ask me the difference in specs between a Surface RT and iPad Mini. While I told him what he wanted to know, I also told him that specs didn't matter as much as what he liked interacting with on the screen. Specs make the Surface RT shine, but its OS lets it down, which makes it difficult for me to recommend a Surface RT over an iPad.

The point is that user experience is more important than specifications. If a customer enjoys BlackBerry 10, then what difference would the specs make when comparing BB10 and Android?
    EchuOkan1, chgaida and LWKING like this.
    09-05-13 12:47 PM
    I agree. Wait until using the Z30 before making a final judgement. Everyone who has used one has had a positive opinion of it, so don't jump the gun just yet.
    09-05-13 03:03 PM
    I've long been a person who believes that BlackBerry should "adequately" spec its devices. By that, I mean upgrade the specs that have a direct effect on the user experience, like screen resolution or RAM.

However, I am very weary of comparing specs between devices that run different operating systems. Different OSs make a bigger difference than the specs on the device. I'll give you an example; where I work, we sell both Surface tablets and iPads. I had a customer yesterday ask me the difference in specs between a Surface RT and iPad Mini. While I told him what he wanted to know, I also told him that specs didn't matter as much as what he liked interacting with on the screen. Specs make the Surface RT shine, but its OS lets it down, which makes it difficult for me to recommend a Surface RT over an iPad.

The point is that user experience is more important than specifications. If a customer enjoys BlackBerry 10, then what difference would the specs make when comparing BB10 and Android?
    You got it completely backwards - why would anyone switch to BB10 if all he can compare is the specs?

BB is chasing the market and keeps hindering its own chances for survival by stupid cost-cutting decisions, only in order to make the books look better for buyout, that's the sad truth.
    09-05-13 03:36 PM
    You got it completely backwards - why would anyone switch to BB10 if all he can compare is the specs?

BB is chasing the market and keeps hindering its own chances for survival by stupid cost-cutting decisions, only in order to make the books look better for buyout, that's the sad truth.
    That is a closed mined approach to looking at it. Apple doesnt put top tier specs but nobody says their specs are not top notch. You have your opinion but it is not fact like yopu make it out to be. Can your opinion be the truth yes but, chances are its not. I've used GS4 and iPhone 5 and my Z10 is faster and smoother then the GS4 and on par with the iPhone 5. Sales rep use specs to sell because if people try the software they will realize the specs dont matter as much.
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-05-13 03:46 PM
    That is a closed mined approach to looking at it.
    No, that's called REALITY.

Apple doesnt put top tier specs but nobody says their specs are not top notch. You have your opinion but it is not fact like yopu make it out to be. Can your opinion be the truth yes but, chances are its not. I've used GS4 and iPhone 5 and my Z10 is faster and smoother then the GS4 and on par with the iPhone 5. Sales rep use specs to sell because if people try the software they will realize the specs dont matter as much.
    Huh? Are you able to follow a conversation at all, seriously...?
    BB is trying to convert users due to being multi-year late to the party, just what the hell your empirical evidence of Z10 being "smoother" has to do with anything...?
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    09-05-13 05:05 PM
    Well I think he is just making a statement.. don't need to go all hush and puff..

Anyways.. I think blackberry's timing of coming out with stuff is always late.. don't know Wtf those production or top management doing.. imagine z30 actually came out with q10 or q5

Then at least people would only compare a z30 to a note2 only..

Because of the late roll out of z30.. now z30 has to compete with so many.. note2 n 3.. Sony ultra and z1 which is coming out end of this month..

By the looks of pricing.. unless bb z30 Is going to be cheap.. I don't see how they can compete with the latest note 3 the Sony ultra and z1.. with my guess Samsung is going to slash the price of their note2 massively to pave way for note3

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 12:52 AM
    The real problem with specs is that people dont understand hardware, software or engineering.
    LWKING, EchuOkan1 and undone like this.
    09-08-13 08:26 AM
    Here in the US that comparison really doesn't mean much as the Z1 can't be purchased from the three biggest carriers (sprint, AT&A, and Verizon) so most people won't be exposed to the Z1 but they will be able to see the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 04:22 PM
    Why do people seem to think that the Z30 will compete against the Note 3? That's like saying the Galaxy S4 will compete against the Note 3. Now why would Samsung cannibalize themselves?
    09-09-13 09:14 AM
    I'm sorry but if I go to buy a computer and am told this one has xxx and this one has xxx all double what the first one had and they about the same price I'm getting the higher speced device cause it will be more future proof. The user experience wouldn't even enter anyone's thoughts except for bbry users.
    09-09-13 09:19 AM
    I'm sorry but if I go to buy a computer and am told this one has xxx and this one has xxx all double what the first one had and they about the same price I'm getting the higher speced device cause it will be more future proof. The user experience wouldn't even enter anyone's thoughts except for bbry users.
    Yes, but if you come in looking for a Macbook Pro and I try to sell you an Ativ Book 9 Plus on specs alone, I'd probably be a pretty bad salesperson by ignoring the huge elephant in the room: the fact that both devices are running two different operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and playbookster like this.
    09-09-13 10:12 AM
    Operating systems aside, the Z1 had a lot going for it. The gorgeous design, waterproof(sony finally managed to make the headphone jack waterproof so no flap is needed there), the triluminous display and x-reality engine( an improvement over its old screen tech, and probably just a gimmick), the 20mp camera which apparently is really good.
    So at the end, we have 2 5" phones, but one of em offers a superior camera and waterproofing...and might also be available even sooner than the z30.
    Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    09-09-13 10:21 AM
    Operating systems aside, the Z1 had a lot going for it. The gorgeous design, waterproof(sony finally managed to make the headphone jack waterproof so no flap is needed there), the triluminous display and x-reality engine( an improvement over its old screen tech, and probably just a gimmick),
    Xperia Z and Z Ultra has the same things, waterproof etc except the newer Triluminos display which arrived in Ultra and Z1 (plus the Z1 has the uber-camera w/ 4K recording.)

Triluminos is actually waaay superior to Super AMOLED - as a matter of fact all AMOLED displays I've seen to date from Samsung looked horrible, far worse than Super LCD competitors side-by-side when it comes to color reproduction.

the 20mp camera which apparently is really good.
    Well, we'll see - my first Xperia T was making excellent pics then got stolen, bought a new one and I'm seriously annoyed by the constant crashing of the camera if I'm using face unlocking. Also got focus hunting on more than a few occasion so overall I'm not blown away by this particular device - again, the first one I had was excellent... maybe it's because that was running ICS, this one was already on JB when I got it...?

So at the end, we have 2 5" phones, but one of em offers a superior camera and waterproofing...and might also be available even sooner than the z30.
    ...and the Sony one has superior hardware at every level, let's be honest. By all leaks and rumors Z30 will come with a pretty mediocre hardware especially for its expected premium price, not to mention the screen if indeed BB will make the insane move and release it with an outdaated 720p display.
    09-09-13 11:46 AM
    Why do people seem to think that the Z30 will compete against the Note 3? That's like saying the Galaxy S4 will compete against the Note 3. Now why would Samsung cannibalize themselves?
    Absolutely true the Z30 address to a different market to my point of view, to people that need something bigger that 3.8/4.2 but not as big as 5.5 of the note 2 or 3. I have personally tried a note 2 and I found it too big for a daily phone.

Sent from my Z10
    09-09-13 01:21 PM
    Absolutely true the Z30 address to a different market to my point of view, to people that need something bigger that 3.8/4.2 but not as big as 5.5 of the note 2 or 3. I have personally tried a note 2 and I found it too big for a daily phone.

Sent from my Z10
    I have a Z1, got it last Friday. I also have a Note II, GS4, and Z10 in the bag (different tools for different things).

When I felt the Z30, I have to say that it can't be directly targeted at "function by function" a Z1 or Note 2. Each of those has other niches (Z1 water proof, super camera, that is also a phone), Note 2 (large screen, pen functionality, which I actually use alot).

Z30 has to be targeted a the group that will be attracted to it, who want the feature set that BB offers, that are more email centric. If I was just using a phone for business I would only use my Z10, and I might be attracted to the Z30 for those times when I am in business mode. The 5 inch screen would be nice for the long flights and a book or movie etc. So I think it has a market, but I see it as a hard sell to convert other users unless they have a need for the specific things that BB10 does well.
    09-09-13 02:37 PM
    The Z1 is using Android OS. Already that gives the Z30 an advantage...

Posted via CB10
    jedibeeftrix and wincyUt like this.
    09-09-13 02:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah if by advantage you meant not having even the most fundamental apps, not being able to connect to any VPN, not having half of the options Android offers...

...in return for a buggy Hub and good touchscreen keyboard.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-09-13 06:18 PM
    Yeah if by advantage you meant not having even the most fundamental apps, not being able to connect to any VPN, not having half of the options Android offers...

...in return for a buggy Hub and good touchscreen keyboard.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    I have all the fundamental apps I need. Even with working sideloaded apps. Buggy hub?? Huh? Where.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:18 PM
    And VPN works so I'm not sure what your on about.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    09-09-13 07:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    But loses that advantage to waterproofing, superior camera, better design(though this is subjective) and premium materials. I get that you love your bb but truth is, to the average consumer the Z1 paints a prettier picture than the Z30.

09-10-13 05:57 PM
    Yes, but if you come in looking for a Macbook Pro and I try to sell you an Ativ Book 9 Plus on specs alone, I'd probably be a pretty bad salesperson by ignoring the huge elephant in the room: the fact that both devices are running two different operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    What you just described, is the reason why W8 ultrabooks aren't selling that well.

The Ativ Book 9 plus, may be a superb device, but for an entry price of 1400 Euro completely failed to enter a competitf territory considering price point.

I can get a 13 inch Retina MacBook for 100 Euro more and all the features it has, may it be proper scaling (which won't be supported until W 8.1 and programms have to be recoded for high dpi panels), the Apple stores and their legendary support or a unibody casing.
    With the imminent refresh of the Retina line, the spec envelope will be pushed even further in the new MacBook Pros.

If I am in the market for a device as costly as the MacBook Pro with Retina display, the specs of the AtivBook plus won't sway me, as they aren't impressive.

This changes with something like the Alienware 17 (even though it is still overpriced).
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/7284/a...otebook-review

The specs of this Alienware, except for the display res and the SSD are far better. For people that need a really good GFX Card in their Notebook and a very powerful processor plus a lot of RAM, be it for gaming or working, a MacBook wouldn't be an option anyhow, as I'll probably pay 600$ for 16Gb of RAM and can't even add a better GFX card.

You apparently want to reduce such a buying decision to the OS, but what you fail to realise is that a lot more influences that.
    You also ignore the fact, that the MacBook is perceived as being the market leader in premium notebooks.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-574...-says-analyst/

Of course the OS plays a role as well, but you ignore the pricing completely and the segmentation of the market as well.
    If I want top-notch specs in a smartphone or a very good mid-range performer, I'll buy an Android.
    If I want a "premium" handset with the best ecosystem, I'll buy an iPhone.
    If I want the best camera-phone or low-cost performer, I'll buy a Lumia.

Now, where does that leave BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:36 PM
42 12