• It feels and looks thinner than it does in pictures.
    • Yes, they are right, the display is dimmer and does a poor job on whites, but kicks a on blacks.
    • The battery life is actually better than you heard.
    • The glass is as smooth as it gets, makes the Z10 glass feel almost gritty.
    • 10.2 is far better than 10.1
    • The CrackBerry app cuts off characters to the right of articles, reminding you of the smaller resolution.
    • The silver portion of the phone is either metal or plastic, the debate goes on. Lets just say its a quality feel no matter which.
    • The BlackBerry Hub icon is kind of nice. Sorry purists.
    • Its the best phone of 2013, bar none.
    • T-Mobile is still the best US carrier.
    11-01-13 10:39 PM
    • It feels and looks thinner than it does in pictures.
    • Yes, they are right, the display is dimmer and does a poor job on whites, but kicks a on blacks.
    • The battery life is actually better than you heard.
    • The glass is as smooth as it gets, makes the Z10 glass feel almost gritty.
    • 10.2 is far better than 10.1
    • The CrackBerry app cuts off characters to the right of articles, reminding you of the smaller resolution.
    • The silver portion of the phone is either metal or plastic, the debate goes on. Lets just say its a quality feel no matter which.
    • The BlackBerry Hub icon is kind of nice. Sorry purists.
    • Its the best phone of 2013, bar none.
    • T-Mobile is still the best US carrier.
    I was with you until you said that T-Mobile is the best US carrier... ;-)

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-01-13 10:55 PM
    I was with you until you said that T-Mobile is the best US carrier... ;-)

Keith H. Posted using CB10.
    Always a wise guy in the crowd.
    daveycrocket and kthhrrsn like this.
    11-01-13 11:04 PM
    But I do use T-mobile in UK, always comes through for me.

I thought I would dislike the hub but now I'm getting used to it, which feels natural, i forget what OS 7 did.
    True at times I forget what to do, I sometimes think that it's because it "flows" that I forget if that makes any sense?
    I agree on all other points accept the white issue, being dyslectic bright whites/glare are difficult so for me it's on the money, all 499 of it, great phone.
    11-02-13 06:13 AM
    I'm okay with the whites being off white, but even on the second day now I'm having a hard time getting used to the dimmer display. I really don't like it, and to me it detracts from an otherwise great experience. I'm hoping that BlackBerry turned it down in an OS parameters and will give us the ability to brighten it in a future update. The display on my SG2 also with SuperAMOLED and goes much brighter and thus is much more pleasant to use.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:33 AM
    Tmo may have good plans etc. but where I live a tmo phone is a brick, can do nothing because there is no signal.
    11-02-13 10:40 AM
    Tmo may have good plans etc. but where I live a tmo phone is a brick, can do nothing because there is no signal.
    Yes I understand that is a common issue in some rural areas. I've always been in large cities up to now, and have traveled on business. Reception on t-mobile has never been an issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 10:56 AM
    The lock screen notifications is the bomb also drop down notifications are amazing that I can reply to messages without leaving the app and typing destroys any touch screen phone out there!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 11:09 AM
    Thanks, glad to see that the Z30 works on T-Mobile. Looking forward to my vacation travel and getting a pay as you go SIM from them.
    11-02-13 11:55 AM
    The lock screen notifications is the bomb also drop down notifications are amazing that I can reply to messages without leaving the app and typing destroys any touch screen phone out there!!!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, loving 10.2.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:46 PM
    Thanks, glad to see that the Z30 works on T-Mobile. Looking forward to my vacation travel and getting a pay as you go SIM from them.
    I'd like to bring my Z30 up to Canada and see the sights and let it try it's native Telus network.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:49 PM
    The more I use this phone, the more I LOVE it. The quality feel is amazing. More observations:

• It's more slippery than the Z10, but less slippery than the SGS2.
    • My eyes are getting used to the dimmer display but still want it brighter.
    • USA Today works much (much) smoother on this phone.
    • The battery is not just better but insanely better.
    • I keep finding new cool nuggets in 10.2. I never previously used the leaks.
    • The speaker is really good.
    • I can't say enough about how much I love the glass on this phone. So smooth, really enjoyable to use.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    11-02-13 03:08 PM
    I agree with most of your observations.

The battery life is one thing that I am really happy about. I am pretty sure that I will be able to get through a whole day of use, no matter how hard I push it. With my Z10, I plugged it in every chance I got. Not doing that anymore feels great.

The thing I differ with you about is the screen. I like it a lot. Remember that one of the reasons that you get the kind of battery life that you do is that it is Amoled. My out of the box setting was also a little dim for me. Whites looked grey. I bumped it up a bit and am now very happy with it. Remember that white is just one point on the greyscale between white and black. If whites don't look white to you is just means that the luminance is too low. My Z10 is still a bit brighter but that's okay.

You're right that the glass is awesome. My Z10 was a smudge magnet. It was never clean for more than a few minutes. The Z30 does pick up some smudges but still looks great.

On the other hand, the screen is really sharp. The key there is looking at small text, which is very legible.

I have big hands but I am still getting used to holding a big phone. It is a little slippery because of the back cover and I am paranoid that I will drop it.
    11-03-13 06:38 AM
    Man i was thinking the z30 at the lowest setting was a little bright and just destroys z10 display. Strange

Posted via CB10
    11-03-13 02:47 PM
    I've been using mine since release and have to say this is the best device overall I have owned in the past few years.
    Love this thing.

Posted on my Z30 from CB10 running 1791.
    11-03-13 03:28 PM
    Completely impressed with my new Z30...

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:37 PM
    Man i was thinking the z30 at the lowest setting was a little bright and just destroys z10 display. Strange
    That is strange. I find the screen a bit dim on the z30 as well. I have it at the brightest setting and still want it brighter. Z10 turned up a bit was good enough for me.
    11-04-13 08:48 PM
    That is strange. I find the screen a bit dim on the z30 as well. I have it at the brightest setting and still want it brighter. Z10 turned up a bit was good enough for me.
    The z30 display is able to go brighter. Right now the os is capping it at its current brightness. Hopefully they will let us decide how bright we want it to go. I tweeted Micheal clewley about it but he hasn't responded. Maybe if more people ask him about it he will give us an answer. But as it stands. It's bright enough

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 08:52 PM
    I'm okay with the whites being off white, but even on the second day now I'm having a hard time getting used to the dimmer display. I really don't like it, and to me it detracts from an otherwise great experience. I'm hoping that BlackBerry turned it down in an OS parameters and will give us the ability to brighten it in a future update. The display on my SG2 also with SuperAMOLED and goes much brighter and thus is much more pleasant to use.

Posted via CB10
    After the first update of the Z10 the screen brightness was tweaked and increased over all.

Wouldn't surprise me if BlackBerry gets enough issues and adjusts it or if it's already been addressed in some of the leaked OSs. I'm guessing you're still on the stock version if you feel ballzy enough give it a try and see.
    11-04-13 10:18 PM
    I've been thinking about why they may have limited the brightness and I suspect it has to do with validating the massive battery time. Had they upped the max setting it would have likely limited what they could claim. So I understand it from that perspective. It really is bright enough for most situations, but coming from brighter panels takes a bit of getting used to.

Having used the phone for a few days now, I can not speak highly enough about it overall. Everything from the weight, feel, size, OS, and on, is just superb.

The designers and engineers at BlackBerry have done an amazing job. And it's still a very young OS. Even with in comparison with the Z10 which is great, this phone is just so much further ahead.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 10:36 PM