After my phone fell in water, I noticed a slight increase in the consumption of battery.

The first thing I thought was: "It's probably due to some internal short circuit". In fact previously it ranged between 3% of no use or light usage to 8.5% for heavy usage.

However, I tried to do a grand reset and there after, I used BlackBerry Link to restore my last backup.

Oddly enough, power consumption has grown from 5,5% to 12%, worrying me alot.

So, after few days I tried this trick: I deleted all the apps from phone, to reinstall them one after the other after a reboot.
    I dont think to be so wrong by saying that this trick led reduced power consumption significantly.

This led me thinking about the last firmware update, a couple of months ago: I didnt use BB Link to do the full restore of the apps.
    I just restored the backup of the address book from gmail, then I re-installed the applications from BB World.
    And I was SO surprised at how much less battery the new firmware release consumed.

So now I am ready for a factory reset to double check my theory but maybe someone of you can corroborate it...
    05-26-14 03:21 PM
    Solution for battery consumption?

Turn your phone off.

After my phone fell in water, I noticed a slight increase in the consumption of battery.

The first thing I thought was: "It's probably due to some internal short circuit". In fact previously it ranged between 3% of no use or light usage to 8.5% for heavy usage.

However, I tried to do a grand reset and there after, I used BlackBerry Link to restore my last backup.

Oddly enough, power consumption has grown from 5,5% to 12%, worrying me alot.

So, after few days I tried this trick: I deleted all the apps from phone, to reinstall them one after the other after a reboot.
    I dont think to be so wrong by saying that this trick led reduced power consumption significantly.

This led me thinking about the last firmware update, a couple of months ago: I didnt use BB Link to do the full restore of the apps.
    I just restored the backup of the address book from gmail, then I re-installed the applications from BB World.
    And I was SO surprised at how much less battery the new firmware release consumed.

So now I am ready for a factory reset to double check my theory but maybe someone of you can corroborate it...
    Yeah, apps can go senile after a long period of use (the whole OS can really) and that can lead to all sorts of malfunctions. That's usually why we tell people to try fresh starts after OS loads and other situations.

'Cept for the water part of the story, yeah it can totally happen and delete+reboot+reinstall sometimes fixes it.

My Z30 was overheating and discharging ultra fast (close to how fast my Z10 used to). Took a few gard resets and a few app removals, but it's now sorted.
    05-26-14 07:42 PM
    If you wanna stay fly, put the phone on airplane mode when possible.
    05-26-14 08:23 PM
    I've noticed that turning off mobile data increases battery life significantly. Try that out.
    05-26-14 08:26 PM
    I've noticed that turning off mobile data increases battery life significantly. Try that out.
    Amazing news, I would never have figured it out...

ATMJOE likes this.
    05-27-14 07:05 AM
    1% per hour in Airplane-mode/Mobile network off...
    5-6% per hour with all radios on...
    If GPS/Maps and driving unplugged, a lot more... fortunately I have an USB-charger in my car (managed to get it installed when I bought the car)

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    JulesDB likes this.
    05-27-14 07:12 AM
    i unplugged my Z30 at 9-32 am and talking to few friends on BBM and BBM channels for 3-hours and 20 mins now Continuesly... just BBM, n it consumed about 43% of battery.... is this Normal ???? or Z30 can give better result .. me using 3G network
    05-28-14 02:27 AM
    i unplugged my Z30 at 9-32 am and talking to few friends on BBM and BBM channels for 3-hours and 20 mins now Continuesly... just BBM, n it consumed about 43% of battery.... is this Normal ???? or Z30 can give better result .. me using 3G network
    As I said before in your thread, consumption of your phone it's not normal. Normally it goes between 3 and 9% per hour, depending of your use.

Anyway try the solution I proposed at the beginning of this discussion: save all media on SD card, erase ALL from your phone to factory state and reinstall all apps from scratch.

Remember: don't ever use BlackBerry Link to restore your phone, just restore all contacts from gmail, restart all accounts and all the rest from BlackBerry World.

If all this doesn't work, probably your battery is the main problem as it's maybe defective: the best solution is to change it, as it's fast and not too much expensive in a BlackBerry repair center.

Lemme know.

Last edited by JulesDB; 05-28-14 at 10:15 AM.
    05-28-14 08:24 AM
    As I said before in your thread, consumption of your phone it's not normal. Normally it goes between 3 and 9% per hour, depending of your use.

Anyway try the solution I proposed at the beginning of this discussion: save all media on SD card, erase ALL from your phone to factory state and reinstall all apps from scratch.

Remember: don't ever use BlackBerry Link to restore your phone, just restore all contacts from gmail, restart all accounts and all the rest from BlackBerry World.

If all this doesn't work, probably your battery is the main problem as it's maybe defective: the best solution is to change it, as it's fast and not too much expensive in a BlackBerry repair center.

Lemme know.

thanks for the reply, well i have told you my use. i Used my Phone for Continuesly for 200 Mins. non stop, which consumed my 43% battery
    and 9% on heavy usage you are talking about ??

will try your method now and let you know if there is change in battery life ...
    05-29-14 06:11 AM