If they(BBRY) don't do a launch in mid to late September, they will miss the US holiday shopping season, which will guarantee that the phone won't gain any traction in the US. BBRY needs to get carriers all to release at the same time like Apple and Samsung are able to do. this piecemeal approach they are taking just doesn't work.
    I really hate to agree with this but you might be right. I'm still getting it regardless. REALLY looking forward to it!
    08-20-13 01:14 AM
    It will launch in September
    Source?
    08-20-13 01:16 AM
    It will launch in September
    Lmao!! Dude that's right around the corner. I wish you where right but given past history BlackBerry SUCKS at launching new hardware... it would be a month out from when they make the announcement and probably 3 months later to get it to the U.S. at best....

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:41 PM
    My guess is September 26th, the Z30 along with 10.2 will be officially "launched" at BB Jam Asia. Then hopefully a quick staggered release from carriers soon after. I also hope to see cross platform BBM launch at this time.
    08-20-13 04:40 PM
    Well, Sep 26 is something I can hold out for but if it comes later than that I will probably jump on the Xperia Z Ultra bandwagon by then: Snapdragon 800 [email protected] w/ Adreno 330 GPU, full HD 6.44" new Triluminos display (344PPI) with 30 (6x5) icons per screen, dust-, scratch- and waterproof (now up to 1m), HDR 1080p video (including underwater), 3050 mAh battery and a 'meh' 8PM camera (not important ofr me, only using it for FB, for everything else I've...

...but if Z30 indeed comes even later, say, November, it might have to face Sony's next big thing called Honami w/ full HD 5" and everything from Z Ultra plus 20MP camera with 4K video recording : Slide shows the Sony Xperia Honami will record 4K video - GSMArena.com news
    Sony Honami surfaces on GFXBench: Snapdragon 800 and Adreno 330 on board

I find it very ironic that the ex-CEO of former Sony Ericsson/current chairman of the the board at Sony Mobile is also on the board of BlackBerry...
    08-26-13 11:55 AM
    Xperia ultra is way too big (for me) but the Honami..wow, what a beast, at least on paper...

Posted via my z10 - BBM channel pin C000F331C
    08-26-13 12:00 PM
    I like the fact that it's big - 1080p and big, that's good for remote work and productivity apps. Yeah, if you, by any chance, have smaller hands or perhaps
    then it's not really practical, I agree.

Honami sounds great, I just want to try the Ultra first, it seems like a good fit for me (it will fit into my back pocket or sport coat pocket or in my laptop bag anyway.)

That being said I'd love to have a BB10-style Hub, keyboard etc... but not on some mediocre 720p dual-core device, priced at Honami level, no.
    08-26-13 12:07 PM
    mmm I do not know but I guess that iphone users are waiting for iphone releases, just a little % of them are not, so the only thing that will benefit BB on sales is going to be the season ... christmas would be perfect for sales ... I guess
    08-27-13 04:02 PM
    My friends hope for before Christmas or sooner.
    08-31-13 05:18 PM
    I just realized it is already late. Haha. Z30 should have been out months ago before back to school and Q10 months earlier. Another BB10 device should have launched now, slider, cheap Z5, a bigger qwerty????

Where is the thumb wheel on this thing?
    08-31-13 06:24 PM
    If it slips back to late Oct/early Nov then it's lost the battle, they.cannot even have 15 minutes of fame they could enjoy before the new iPhone, Sony Honami etc.

Sent from my Xperia T using CB Forums mobile app
    09-01-13 10:18 AM
    So Honami aka Z1 is out, shipping soon: Sony Confirms Xperia Z1 Flagship Phone: 5-Inch 1080p Display, 21MP Camera & A Photo Apps Focus | TechCrunch

BB better bring out the 1080p version or at least both 720p and 1080p models they had in testing...
    09-04-13 03:57 PM
    Speaking of Z30 competition, the 5.7" 1080p 4K-recording Note 3 is out and among many new things it comes with KNOX by default: Samsung Reveals The Galaxy Note 3, The Slimmer And Lighter Evolution Of The Phablet | TechCrunch

Samsung was emphasizing craftsmanship with the Galaxy Note, which features a stitched leather rear cover (available in black, white and pink). It also has a metallic rim running around the edge, and there’s a flip wallet accessory available in 10 different colors that also features a larger S View window cover for checking messages, making calls and accessing more info at a glance without having to activate the whole display.

The new S Pen is designed to work with the larger screen. Samsung called it the “key” to unlocking Note features and power. This works via a number of new interface controls. There’s a dot on-screen that appears when you can activate “Air Command,” which is a tool wheel that provides quick access to memo, scrapbooking, screenwriting, and a finder search function. There’s also something Samsung calls “circle,” which uses a circle drawing gesture to capture content you want to save to your scrapbook, as called up via Air Command. Box is a way to multitask, that lets you do two things at once via essentially a picture-in-picture interface.

Samsung’s Knox mobile security feature, which is designed to help increase enterprise and consumer security via partitioned software for consumer and business use for BYOD device users. The Note 3 will ship September 25 in 149 countries around the world.
    09-04-13 04:12 PM
    yeah I'm not sure where this device is. considering the leaks and videos of fully functional devices, I don't know what the hold up is. also it isn't that hard to put an os on a new device, right? it concerns me that we don't have a launch date. it is six months since the z10 launched right. so what is the hold up? I'm worried that there is concern at headquarters that this device will bomb.

anyway they can't launch this month since the iphone is coming out. maybe they are just checking to see whatthe competiton does and then going to launch in response afterwards.
    09-07-13 08:06 PM
    [QUOTE=

I find it very ironic that the ex-CEO of former Sony Ericsson/current chairman of the the board at Sony Mobile is also on the board of BlackBerry...[/QUOTE]

I love what Sony is doing. But I wont go to Android for Primary platform, I am staying with BB and hope to see more Sony entertainment services and Sony inspiration come to the BB10 platform! It could show again that BB can provide mainstream entertainment even more so.
    09-07-13 09:53 PM
    I would not be surprised if the Z30 were cancelled. Reading about inventory buildup on Z10 & Q10 and returns leads to speculation that the won't put new devices into production now. BlackBerry has to decide what's it wants to be when it grows up. And then acquire management that can make it happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 11:31 PM
    In addition to Sony's 5" Z, 6.4" Z Ultra and now 5" 4K-recording Z1 and the upcoming full HD+ iPhone 5S a non-1080p Z30 would have to face its nemesis OS in Nokia's upcoming 1080p 6" Lumia: More photos surface of alleged Nokia phablet: Connect

I seriously hope TH and his posse will go with a high-rez Z30...
    Last edited by szlevi; 09-09-13 at 07:12 PM.
    09-09-13 06:53 PM
    In addition to Sony's 5" Z, 6.4" Z Ultra and now 5" 4K-recording Z1 and the upcoming full HD+ iPhone 5S a non-1080p Z30 would have to face its nemesis OS in Nokia's upcoming 1080p 6" Lumia: More photos surface of alleged Nokia phablet: Connect

I seriously hope TH and his posse will go with a high-rez Z30...
    There has been some back and forth on the blogs most say the phone will launch with a 720 display but there are some saying that new leaked specs say it will have a 1080 dispaly. In the end we'll just have to wait ans see.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 10:01 PM
    Iphone 5s doesn't even have a 720p screen let alone a 1080p. Official specs are out.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 03:10 PM
    Iphone 5s doesn't even have a 720p screen let alone a 1080p. Official specs are out.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, that's a surprise to me too... OTOH Apple is in a class of its own so it's kinda moot to compare it to anything else, I admit.
    09-10-13 04:01 PM
    Since v10.2 was promised to launch in September, wouldn't it make perfect sense to launch it in tandem with Z30?
    Y'know, one big, powerful marketing blitz, touting new OS, new phone, new features, new apps etc...

...or TH & his posse are too busy finding a new sugar daddy and they don't really care about anything else than keeping the books in order at this point?
    09-11-13 08:41 AM
    Canada = first week of November

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:06 AM
    That sucks... linky?
    09-11-13 02:02 PM
    Maybe it will launch like the! BB10 update to the playbook.
    szlevi likes this.
    09-14-13 10:24 PM
    Well, for now I'm settling on an Xperia Z Ultra, it's definitely the alpha-male-phablet aka alphablet on the market as of today... seriously. Amazing. Piece.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    mithrazor likes this.
    09-16-13 03:09 AM
50 12