I'm thinking late September but I might be off - I simply expect it to coincide with the launch of v10.2, to reinforce each other's impact as well as save on marketing/ads and 10.2 supposed to go Gold in Aug, launch in Sep and so far everything seems to be on time for it:
    Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer
    Release roadmap - Native SDK for BB10 and PlayBook - BlackBerry Developer
    Release road map - Cascades for BB 10 - BlackBerry Developer

Beyond being bug-free two things I consider critical are proper, smooth Android 4.2 support and working VPN - and both of them seems to be on track for 10.2... now if only the phone would be 1080p and quad-core...
    08-12-13 10:19 PM
    They won't compete with the apple launch in september, my guess is late October - early November for the launch window

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 11:53 PM
    08-13-13 12:04 AM
    Fall......
    The worstest timing evah
    08-13-13 12:27 AM
    They won't compete with the apple launch in september, my guess is late October - early November for the launch window

Posted via CB10
    Then they lose. Their best bet is to preempt Apple and others, otherwise they will lose the attention, all that ad money goes down the toilet.
    Also people like me will be on better phones by then - all we know is BB is NOT launching a Snapdragon 800 like Sony's upcoming Xperia Z Ultra, this phone, even with a.quad-core, is only good to match the status quo NOW (and let's forget the dual-core and how would it score befpre Christmas.)

Sent from my LT30p using CB Forums mobile app
    08-13-13 01:24 AM
    Then they lose. Their best bet is to preempt Apple and others, otherwise they will lose the attention, all that ad money goes down the toilet.
    Also people like me will be on better phones by then - all we know is BB is NOT launching a Snapdragon 800 like Sony's upcoming Xperia Z Ultra, this phone, even with a.quad-core, is only good to match the status quo NOW (and let's forget the dual-core and how would it score befpre Christmas.)

LOL prempt apple by a week yes totally how many sales do you think they'd get in that week before it flatlined when everyone started seeing iPhone ads...

If you define better phone by specs maybe BlackBerry isn't for you? So move on? I admit I've never owned and iPhone (I have ipods though) but I do own a S4 I like it, but the BB10 experience beats it hands down. *For me* you simply cannot beat the hub and flow and I use either my Z10 or Q10 as a daily driver (side loading any android app I need on 10.2) and the S4 sometimes comes out at home when I want to play around.

Why does the Z30 (or BB10) need a quad core processor? Specs don't matter to the general public, don't fool yourself. Android makers created the spec war because that's one of the few ways to differentiate between different android phones. If you were going to compare Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, and BlackBerry devices how much would specs really matter? The major differences would obviously be in the OS

Posted via CB10
    Bowlegz and axllebeer like this.
    08-14-13 01:15 AM
    LOL prempt apple by a week yes totally how many sales do you think they'd get in that week before it flatlined when everyone started seeing iPhone ads...
    Still a week more than nothing after that...

If you define better phone by specs maybe BlackBerry isn't for you? So move on? I admit I've never owned and iPhone (I have ipods though) but I do own a S4 I like it, but the BB10 experience beats it hands down. *For me* you simply cannot beat the hub and flow and I use either my Z10 or Q10 as a daily driver (side loading any android app I need on 10.2) and the S4 sometimes comes out at home when I want to play around.
    Pleahhse. The Z10 w/ 10.1 I tried for couple of weeks was buggy and Android support was crap so I returned (yes, I miss the Hub and the keyboard but critical stuff was buggy eg Gmail sync stalling or wasn't working at all eg VPN.)
    Whether you admit it or not it does not matter, market has spoken, mostly due to BB's utterly incompetent marketing and idiotic rollout.

Why does the Z30 (or BB10) need a quad core processor? Specs don't matter to the general public, don't fool yourself. Android makers created the spec war because that's one of the few ways to differentiate between different android phones. If you were going to compare Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, and BlackBerry devices how much would specs really matter? The major differences would obviously be in the OS
    Posted via CB10
    Anyone still questioning the need for high-end specs lives in a bubble, I won't even argue abou it anymore.

08-14-13 09:19 AM

if it has the Blackberry logo on it, no one will buy it regardless on when you launch it
    08-15-13 02:43 AM
    It's a sub par phone when you compare it to gs4 so doa. Knowing how sucky BlackBerry is with the stupid "rollout launches" probably won't be a available in the USA until January or February. That said I'll buy one because I love the BlackBerry Os 10 platform.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't have said this better!! Blackberry cannot try to "Out Android, Android" just create a great user experience, and a second to none OS!!
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-15-13 09:50 AM
    If they(BBRY) don't do a launch in mid to late September, they will miss the US holiday shopping season, which will guarantee that the phone won't gain any traction in the US. BBRY needs to get carriers all to release at the same time like Apple and Samsung are able to do. this piecemeal approach they are taking just doesn't work.
    szlevi, DJM626 and PhilipDZ like this.
    08-15-13 11:53 AM
    Sometimes it is better to go last. Especially when you have some major things to announce all at once.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:17 PM
    Well, seems like the Q5 was BlackBerry's phone of choice for the back to school rush.

While with the Z30 they weren't even entirely sure it would make it before Christmas awhile back. However, I'm sure they realize the shelf life of the Z10 and possibly Q10 aren't really lasting as long as they hoped, so the Z30 is probably being fast tracked. Personally, I would like them to launch around the iPhone simply because there will be a ton of buyers in the stores around then so maybe Z30 can piggy back garner some interest when the iPhone is sold out, or people have to roam around the store waiting to be served.
    Geeoff and szlevi like this.
    08-15-13 03:38 PM
    Just give a date and stop the nonsense bbry. It's like asking a prude the prom. Just random vague answers. Apple tells the flock months in advance what exact date and they never falter. Precise execution should be no problem for the the professional grade company.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 and szlevi like this.
    08-15-13 03:45 PM
    blackberry will launch it after iphone 5 variants, ipad mini, ipad 5, xperia ultra, moto-x..not to mention nokia windowsphone (seems like nokia launch new wp phones every month)..so it will not make much difference. if z10 is not selling well, why would anyone buying anything bigger?
    08-15-13 10:45 PM
    Wow! What a lot of negativity.

Posted via CB10
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-15-13 10:53 PM
    Wow! What a lot of negativity.

Posted via CB10
    Might be but he has a point about launching after so many better-spec'd phones from well-established platforms...
    08-16-13 03:44 AM
    I think the problem is bbry doesn't even know when it will launch. And like most blackberry parties it will be thrown together at the last minute. Like any last minute party it will be equivalent of middle aged people going to the dollar store grabbing supplies they think is "cool". I can see thor going over the presentations yammering "this is cool right, am I right,so cool ".

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:13 AM
    Hopefully whenever they announce it and it is available the next week on all carriers. They better not do another slow, fractured rollout like they did with the Z10.
    08-16-13 10:33 AM
    Might be but he has a point about launching after so many better-spec'd phones from well-established platforms...
    He really doesn't have a point, as stated before BBRY is screwed either way. But launching after the next iPhone is the lesser of two evils.

Launch before iPhone sure you might get a few loyalist sales (that I can argue would happen either way) but most people would wait for reviews or be talked out of it by the sales staff who will say "don't buy that the iPhone comes out next week." As everyone is so fond of pointing out Apple steamroll BlackBerry in the marketing department so as soon as it gets close to the Iphone launch all attention and media will be hyping that and BlackBerry gets lost in the noise.

Launch after iPhone and you get the same loyalist sales (if you disagree look up the term loyalist) and potentially ride the wave of underwhelming iPhone launch that has happened the last few years (check out last year's launch coverage on imore they were pretty disapointed.)

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    08-16-13 01:28 PM
    He really doesn't have a point, as stated before BBRY is screwed either way. But launching after the next iPhone is the lesser of two evils.

Launch before iPhone sure you might get a few loyalist sales (that I can argue would happen either way) but most people would wait for reviews or be talked out of it by the sales staff who will say "don't buy that the iPhone comes out next week." As everyone is so fond of pointing out Apple steamroll BlackBerry in the marketing department so as soon as it gets close to the Iphone launch all attention and media will be hyping that and BlackBerry gets lost in the noise.

Launch after iPhone and you get the same loyalist sales (if you disagree look up the term loyalist) and potentially ride the wave of underwhelming iPhone launch that has happened the last few years (check out last year's launch coverage on imore they were pretty disapointed.)

Posted via CB10
    Good points! You convinced me that launching "after" the 5s is better. But......

If they have some killer new features that will blow away the competition, then it would be better to launch first. Launching first would raise the bar and make the 5s look weak in comparison.
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-16-13 07:39 PM
    I bet late fall for the USA, just weeks before Christmas.
    08-19-13 10:44 AM
    When it comes out I'm getting one for my wife, and I'm keeping my Z10
    08-19-13 07:17 PM
    It will launch in September
    08-19-13 09:04 PM
    Uhhhh no, that's in 2 weeks

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 12:12 AM
50 12