Backed up my z30 via the BlackBerry Link software and when I realised I couldn't run the leaked os on windows 8 I went to restore my phone but nothing was there lost all my contacts and apps etc

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:34 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear all your stuff is gone, but I have been using autoloaders on Windows 8 and 8.1 with no issues.

Can you describe what exactly did you do?
    stitch69 likes this.
    12-02-13 05:45 PM
    Thank you for the welcome!

I started by backing up then did a security wipe.

I had downloaded the appropriate os leak for my z30 and unzipped it. When I went to open it it said it wasn't compatible

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 05:55 PM

I had downloaded the appropriate os leak for my z30 and unzipped it. When I went to open it it said it wasn't compatible

Posted via CB10
    :s I have windows 8 and I installed that same leak, how did you loose your backup though?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-02-13 05:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm having a bit of a hard time following up.

Did BB Link tell you the Backup was complete?

How did you get the " ins't compatible" notification?
    12-02-13 06:01 PM
    I think it is a Windows 8 warning. You need to run as an administrator or click on the little link that you ignore the warning on the windows pop-up.
    Just installed the leak on my Z30 with windows 8.1.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 10:55 PM
    Yep BlackBerry Link said the back up was complete.

My laptop just gave me a notification that said it wasn't compatible and didn't have the right program to run it or something along those lines lol.

Any ideas what program I need to run it? I tried the administrator too with no luck

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:28 AM

My laptop just gave me a notification that said it wasn't compatible and didn't have the right program to run it or something along those lines lol.

Any ideas what program I need to run it? I tried the administrator too with no luck

Posted via CB10
    When u press run can you show us what it shows u?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    12-03-13 02:34 AM
    Hey There.

- Go to the settings of BB link and locate the folder where your backups go to. If its there, you're safe. Just restore your last backup and you are good to go.

- Assume that everything has gone wrong, your BB basically consists of all the apps you downloaded, your contacts, and your autocorrect options. So sync with your desktop mail client to get your contacts back, and BBworld will show you your old app list as "available" for download. Autocorrect is the only point where you might have to bite the bullet and reteach your phone.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-13 02:39 AM
    Many thanks will try that thank you also found the folder with my pictures on my laptop at last so at least I've not lost those

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-03-13 03:44 PM
    Hi.. I just got a z30 and trying to upload the latest leak...looking for a working leak for 10.2.1.1055 for the z30... everytime I try to unzip gives me errors, can anyone send me the latest for z30 with Radio?
    12-05-13 04:25 AM
    When I upgraded my Z10 to 1055 I had my virus protection software pop up a few times with warnings as well as windows 8.1 warnings as well after I disabled my virus protection the apploader ran smoothly.

Z10 Running 10.2.1.1055 Take that Mr App Gap!
    12-05-13 11:55 AM
    For all of you who've seen me post this link so many times, I'm sorry. But it's clear there are a lot of members here who can't figure out how to install the leak. Here we go again:
    If you would like some help installing 10.2.1.1055, this post may be useful:
    My (non-OTA) OS install process
    12-05-13 01:53 PM
    OMG it worked thanks for the simplified instructions just about to start sideloading apps eek
    12-07-13 06:51 AM
    Ok I've installed and all good except it's not 1055??

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 08:20 AM
    Ok I've installed and all good except it's not 1055??...
    Open a TXT or BBM or something so you have an input box and type myver followed by space bar. See what it says your OS is.
    12-07-13 08:55 AM
    Ah fab you're right 1055 thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 09:41 AM